PDA

View Full Version : VW TDi for Jeep ?

JP_Aircooled_TDi
03-05-2007, 09:01 PM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/05/VWengineinJeepNRMAMarchApril20078-2.jpg

Can anyone confirm that Jeep are using a "VW sourced 2.0 litre diesel" for the a Jeep? :???: I have never heard of this before. I assume that the other engines are not VW supplied...

Article came from the 'Open Road' NRMA magazine, March/April 2007 issue.

phaeton
04-05-2007, 10:36 AM
I don't know much about the agreement but Yes DaimlerChrysler use TDI engines with Common Rail tech.

Am not sure who fits the CR tech though ;)

CORDY_SXE
12-05-2007, 09:09 PM
VW and the Chrysler Group has some sort of deal, where Chrysler use VW's 2.0L TDi engines in some of their products.

Along with the Jeep Compass and Jeep Patriot compact SUV's, the 2.0L TDi engines are also used in the new Dodge Caliber small car and have also found their way into the just released Chrylser Sebring and Dodge Avenger Mid-Size cars.

I could be wrong, but I think it'll also be used in the up coming new Dodge Nitro SUV.

Interestingly, there is no diesel option for the Chrysler Sebring and Dodge Avenger Mid-Size cars in the US. They're only available for export markets.

My guess, is that without a diesel option for the Sebring and Avenger in Europe, the cars would have had no impact on the market and seeing that DCX and VW already have a tie up in the new Chrysler-VW Minivan/MPV JV in the US, then I guess VW gave the Chysler Group the OK to use their TDi engines for their export models to overseas markets.