PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Polo GT TDI on the cards?

GoLfMan
03-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Phaeton and others, does anyone know if VW are plannin to put in the 16v Tdi into the Polo? Also will they be bringin out a GT-TDi in the near future?! Cos that would be a rocket ship :D

VEEDUB69
03-05-2007, 09:31 PM
TDI a chance I reckon but gt would be unlikely as too similiar to gti performance-wise...

GoLfMan
03-05-2007, 09:32 PM
TDI a chance I reckon but gt would be unlikely as too similiar to gti performance-wise...

could be a good thing though, giving the choice of engine for diesel enthusiasts ? :?

phaeton
04-05-2007, 10:39 AM
www.volkswagen.co.uk VW UK sell a Polo GT 1.9 TDI 96kW I think.

I doubt it will come here, perhaps next gen Polo ;)

briseos
04-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Just a thought - if any of you guys want something closer to Polo size with sporting dynamics and frugal sporting performance, you should test-drive the Fiat Punto 1.9TDi Sport - an absolute hoot!!:cool:

mitch_gti
07-05-2007, 09:55 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I almost bought one of those.

With the skydome roof :) in GORANGE

Dear as sin though

VEEDUB69
08-05-2007, 09:29 AM
Just a thought - if any of you guys want something closer to Polo size with sporting dynamics and frugal sporting performance, you should test-drive the Fiat Punto 1.9TDi Sport - an absolute hoot!!:cool:

Fiat Punto is a fantastic looker I have to agree & based on the new Opel Corsa wheelbase which can only be a good thing...........however...........I saw one of these Fiats come around a corner & accelerate off & it fair dinkum sounded like a truck, not a nice sound at all, couldnt live with that. Fiat Punto Abarth coming early-mid 2009 will be the biz, 2.0 petrol turbo from memory :D

shiyan
04-06-2007, 12:28 AM
I tested out the 130hp Polo TDI with the 6 speed gearbox and was a little disappointed.

The engine and gearbox combination was very impressive, although a little hollow below 1800rpm. Rather loud though.

It had very good grip but the body roll really bothered me.

brackie
04-06-2007, 07:42 AM
Welcome mate. It would be "hollow" below 1800rpm as the turbo wouldn't have spooled up yet. Also, it would be brand new and very tight. You've got to get the knack of driving turbo diesels to keep them on boost and it take a long time for VW motors to loosen up.

Good to have you here. Your timezone suggests Western Europe. Please post your location ;)

GoLfMan
04-06-2007, 08:31 AM
I tested out the 130hp Polo TDI with the 6 speed gearbox and was a little disappointed.

The engine and gearbox combination was very impressive, although a little hollow below 1800rpm. Rather loud though.

It had very good grip but the body roll really bothered me.

goddam!!! a 130hp Polo TDI with a 6 speeder :D when are we going to get it here!?!?!

dam that woulda been quick.. body roll is an easy fix, but what an drivetrain :D we prob wont get it here though, its always the way :(

welcome mate

shiyan
06-06-2007, 08:44 AM
Welcome mate. It would be "hollow" below 1800rpm as the turbo wouldn't have spooled up yet. Also, it would be brand new and very tight. You've got to get the knack of driving turbo diesels to keep them on boost and it take a long time for VW motors to loosen up.

Good to have you here. Your timezone suggests Western Europe. Please post your location ;)
Hi, thanks for the warm welcome, I'm in Belgium :)

Yes I agree saying it's hollow might be harsh. Compared to other diesels it certainly is not. I guess I compared it with a pretty high yardstick (tested a Mini Cooper S 2 weeks before) j:

shiyan
06-06-2007, 08:46 AM
goddam!!! a 130hp Polo TDI with a 6 speeder :D when are we going to get it here!?!?!

dam that woulda been quick.. body roll is an easy fix, but what an drivetrain :D we prob wont get it here though, its always the way :(

welcome mate
Yeah in a straight line it was quite a little rocket, and highway cruising (120km/h) in top gear is at just 2100rpm which would be very good for fuel economy.

Although it rolled quite a bit (compared to the Mini and Ibiza S), grip was still quite impressive, and did not understeer when I accelerated around the roundabout.

From what I gather from this board, many Polo owners fit stiffer roll bars? Is that all that's needed to fix the body roll issue? :?

phaeton
06-06-2007, 09:10 AM
Welcome to VWwA shiyan j:

Do you work for VW or now Audi ? :D

shiyan
06-06-2007, 09:20 AM
Welcome to VWwA shiyan j:

Do you work for VW or now Audi ? :D

thanks for the warm welcome :)

I don't work for VW or Audi, I'm just looking to buy a new car and they offered to let me go for a test drive in the Ibiza and Polo.

The Ibiza S 1.4 was a car they had, but for the Polo TDI I had to drive to Belgium's VW importer in Brussels to test it out.

I told the salesman about the body roll on the Polo and now he's trying to find a Polo GTI for me to test :D

phaeton
06-06-2007, 12:58 PM
thanks for the warm welcome :)

I don't work for VW or Audi, I'm just looking to buy a new car and they offered to let me go for a test drive in the Ibiza and Polo.

The Ibiza S 1.4 was a car they had, but for the Polo TDI I had to drive to Belgium's VW importer in Brussels to test it out.

I told the salesman about the body roll on the Polo and now he's trying to find a Polo GTI for me to test :D

LOL Cool j: ;)