PDA

View Full Version : exhaust system

Tonz
13-10-2010, 07:11 AM
My work vehicle is a 4x4 Rodeo diesel. A while ago I replaced the 2" exhaust with 2.5" and noticable difference. When I finally get my Caddy and get it mapped would changing the exhaust also improve things?

Julian Edgar
23-12-2010, 12:00 PM
what engine?

Preen59
23-12-2010, 12:53 PM
I'm guessing diesel?

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm guessing a better spool and maybe a bit more mid/top. They do have a 2.25 i think standard but the mufflers seem to be rather restrictive.

One of the great things about a turbo diesel is they have the worlds' most expensive muffler already fitted to them (a turbo). So you can have a pretty open exhaust without it being very loud.

I'm thinking of getting some modifications done to the Caddy exhaust eventually (Once this 16v stops chewing up all my cash! haha). Making it more free flowing will get the heat away from the turbo faster, and that means a longer operating life.. :)

Tonz
23-12-2010, 12:53 PM
the standard Caddy 1.9tdi. Hang on what are we talking about. My current ute is the Rodeo (again 2nd engine rebuild in 12 months. DONT Put a turbo on a gas conversion, country ****heads cant tune anything and was using too much gas, even I knew that kept taking it back supposedly adjusted everytime.

My Q was about the Caddy 1.9tdi motor having it remapped to about 110-120 then adding a bigger exhaust what improvement would that do?

Preen59
23-12-2010, 01:03 PM
I've got a piggy back chip. Making about 120kws (It made 83kwatw, have a dyno sheet, blah blah blah BS BS BS).

So that was what my answer was aimed at. I'm not 100% sure you'll get a crazy improvement, but it should make some..

Julian Edgar
23-12-2010, 03:25 PM
If the Caddy TDI 1.9 runs EDC15 management (as my Roomster 1.9 TDI does), you will go backwards in performance by adding a free flow exhaust. The EDC15 appears incapable of adapting to airflow changes.

Do the exhaust and other breathing mods, then do the reflash last in the list of mods - and make sure it is a custom one that matches the mods.