PDA

View Full Version : mk5 r32 car bra,where to find??

gpk_gti
02-05-2007, 10:01 AM
hi vdubbers,
my cousin is taking delivery of his new mk5 r32 this week and he is looking for a car bra! they are a waste of time in my opinion but he loves bra's!!:D .
I have noticed they make them for the mk4 but have not seen any for mk5.anyone got any info?have heard about the clear plastic sticker protectors.prefer genuine to the locally made bra's...

Subie25L
02-05-2007, 10:38 AM
hi vdubbers,
my cousin is taking delivery of his new mk5 r32 this week and he is looking for a car bra! they are a waste of time in my opinion but he loves bra's!!:D .
I have noticed they make them for the mk4 but have not seen any for mk5.anyone got any info?have heard about the clear plastic sticker protectors.prefer genuine to the locally made bra's...

This is a company in Sydney that does the stone guard stuff.
http://www.stonegard.com.au/
I haven't used them or know anyone that has, so i cant vouch for the work.

thepowercosmic
02-05-2007, 10:43 AM
gpk_gti if your cousin opts for the clear bra, keep his options open and get a quote from these guys

http://www.ozicozi.com.au/

I have personally seen a MK5 R32 with it on and it looked (from what was visible) very good.

I like yourself think that they're a waste of time.

mhh
07-05-2007, 07:49 PM
I've got clear bras on a couple of my cars and I'm very happy with the protection they give. I used www.invisiblecarbras.com.au although I hear OziCozi are also very good.

A clear bra is a particularly good idea if you have metallic paint (hard to touch up) and do high speed driving in the company of others. It stops those annoying stone chips and it even took the brunt of a bird strike - the film was damaged but the paint was perfect underneath.

WEDEL.1
07-05-2007, 10:49 PM
I don't like carbras either, but I like stone chips alot less!

Maris

vwndahaus
07-05-2007, 11:42 PM
I got a quote from carbra.com.au recently for a bra for my new 07 Jetta. $407 delivered.

I believe that they can also do 'coloured bras' not just black these days(although black will match my car). I had one for my V8 Calais that I used on long country trips. I really think that using it saved me a lot on repainting costs over the years.

It had full felt lining on the inside if its anything like my old one, and the retention system doesn't mark the car either. Only thing to watch on any protection material is that the car is really clean before you fit it so you dont trap dirt/dust between it and the bonnet.