PDA

View Full Version : Audi salesman made the decision easy

jb747
01-05-2007, 11:36 PM
My wife and I have been umming and ahhing about R32s and GTIs for the past few weeks. We test drove them both, back to back, and loved them both...but which to buy. I really liked the turbo engine, and she the 6, and we both wanted the 4wd.

Well, Audi makes that car...so I thought we should visit them too. I tried a week or so ago, but when after 15 minutes in a showroom I couldn't get the slightest response (I lie, I asked for a car to be unlocked, and it was done from a distance...dunno by whom), I walked out without any interaction with a 'sales' person. I got nothing. No info. No pricing. No brochures. Did get bad taste in mouth.

Today I tried again. I thought they couldn't all be that bad. Surely. Well, they were. This time I got a rude so and so, who wouldn't give any straight answers, who never offered his name, and who started out by rubbishing the R32 (as I'd mentioned it). Oh, and the Audi DSG is way better. Dunno why...Fred the moron salesman from Doncaster said so.

I think I'll just place the R32 order and be done with it.

itgwv
02-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Never been impressed by Audi dealerships and i've had one before. Though i have had bad treatment at vw before standing around for 30 minutes with my father and not even a can i help you. As we both bought GTI's from a different dealer that day how stupid were those sales people with lost comission. And how stupid for audi to bag the car and say their DSG is better when the R32 6 is their engine and same goes for the gearbox. Nice car's Audi's but overpriced for what you get. Go the R32.:cool:

gpk_gti
02-05-2007, 12:23 AM
Well, Audi makes that car...

ummm,,,who makes who?? its the other way around!! why would you want to pay a extra $20k or so for a badge when you can save your money and have a more sporty and sexy car?? :D ,oh and vdub owners are more friendly!!hehe:)

jb747
02-05-2007, 01:04 AM
ummm,,,who makes who?? its the other way around!! why would you want to pay a extra $20k or so for a badge when you can save your money and have a more sporty and sexy car?? :D ,oh and vdub owners are more friendly!!hehe:)Perhaps I should have said 'Audi sells that car'. But, they won't be selling it to me. What a bunch of turkeys.

SOHC
02-05-2007, 03:25 AM
i reckon go for an R32;)
Audi thinks what they invented are the best??NO!!!
DSG are heaps better on the VeeDubs 6!!!oh...and 4wd!!
plus you get much more options at the same price!!
just without the four rings...and you get the car from Wolfsburg :rolleyes:

Vr6_Dog
02-05-2007, 06:04 AM
My mate and I went into a Vdub dealer as he was looking to get a new GTI but the guy wouldn't give us a test drive unless he put down a deposit on the car......? Anyway a week later he bought a Megane 225 Cup...

Good car + Friendly good service = SALE

SoVeReIgN
02-05-2007, 07:38 AM
There are retarded salesmen everywhere - My mate went to 5 different BMW dealerships in Sydney before he found one that actually wanted to sell him an M3.

PS. Audi > VW ;)

phaeton
02-05-2007, 08:17 AM
We are very lucky in SA from all reports I've heard Audi has great service here ;)

Should test that out.........:D

BlackVr6ix
02-05-2007, 08:49 AM
Audi Salesman nearly killed me and my dad on a test drive. he took a sharp sweeping bend at about 120 in a non quattro A4 and well you can imagine the rest.

his apology was "i thought it was a quattro, please dont tell my boss"

GoLfMan
02-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Anyway a week later he bought a Megane 225 Cup...

Good car + Friendly good service = SALE

too true, dw mate the Audi's are way overpriced especially for a rebodied mk5 Golf ;) Great choice with the R32, great car... and that noise is from the heavens.

VR6_Dog, your mates Megane is dam fine.... and bloooooodddddyyyy quickk :D

Dr Spine
02-05-2007, 06:12 PM
The best thing you can do (Once you own the R32) is to write a letter to the principal of the Audi dealership and tell him exactly how you were treated and that you hope if you EVER grace the dealership with your presence again you'd hope for better service. Also tell him that he missed out on a sale.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall of their next staff meeting after that.

gpk_gti
02-05-2007, 06:34 PM
there are so many dealerships that behave like this ,that if everyone wrote a letter complaining as you have suggested,they wouldnt have time to serve the customers!! or maybe thats whats happening! hahahaj: ...

Dr Spine
02-05-2007, 08:49 PM
I like your sense of humor. I hadn't thought of it in that way.j:

kinezo
02-05-2007, 11:47 PM
My wife and I have been umming and ahhing about R32s and GTIs for the past few weeks. We test drove them both, back to back, and loved them both...but which to buy. I really liked the turbo engine, and she the 6, and we both wanted the 4wd.

Well, Audi makes that car...so I thought we should visit them too. I tried a week or so ago, but when after 15 minutes in a showroom I couldn't get the slightest response (I lie, I asked for a car to be unlocked, and it was done from a distant...dunno by whom), I walked out without any interaction with a 'sales' person. I got nothing. No info. No pricing. No brochures. Did get bad taste in mouth.

Today I tried again. I thought they couldn't all be that bad. Surely. Well, they were. This time I got a rude so and so, who wouldn't give any straight answers, who never offered his name, and who started out by rubbishing the R32 (as I'd mentioned it). Oh, and the Audi DSG is way better. Dunno why...Fred the moron salesman from Doncaster said so.

I think I'll just place the R32 order and be done with it.

which audi is this? if its the doncaster audi? then they are wankers! cocky barstards with their hot finiancial adviser! lol
i walked in with my dad, he was going to buy a an S4 which you guys know, are really top car with a bitch of a price tag, but my dad insisted so yeh we went in all serouis about putting an order and aswell we drove in with our X5, to get valuated for the trade in, they all snobbed us? running around doin their own thing. me and my dad waited for 20mins for assistence but NO! no one came! so i decided to ask if i could speak to a sales rep, so this guy comes and you know ask us what can i help u."atlease they asked that",
"we are interested in ordering an S4". you know what, he looked at us, due to im an asian, he looked at us as if we low class citzen, and my dad cracked it! he even walked us to the A4! as like a 2nd place! and yeh my dad wanst 2 happy, so he gave his business card with his name and status,"CEO" of a legal firm and walked out the store! they guy was like just wait ill go get the keys!:mad: :mad: :mad: and we just drove out of the dealership in the X5 and moved off to BMW doncaster and ordered a M6 j: which made the day better!
so OFFICIALLY!
DONCASTER AUDI! IS THE WORST DEALERSHIP THERE IS AND SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN!

p.s mind you we did rock up in boardies and a t-shirts!

gpk_gti
02-05-2007, 11:53 PM
everytime I see your name KINEZO it kills me!! hehehe,,,
never judge a book by its cover!! car salesmen are just glorified woolies checkout chicks!! hahaha

kinezo
02-05-2007, 11:55 PM
lol! i love the name kinezo! its just funni who asians come and ask wat does ur nickname mean and im like asian.... lol
i tried to get kinezo or k1nez0 or kinez0 on plates but already taken ><

evorobin
03-05-2007, 12:35 AM
stupid for audi to bag the car and say their DSG is better when the R32 6 is their engine

Since when?

It makes me laugh my bro-in-law is a car yard manager and works his socks off at a Ford Dealership to get good sales. The VAG sales think Australia owes them a living :D

GoLfMan
03-05-2007, 08:06 AM
Since when?

It makes me laugh my bro-in-law is a car yard manager and works his socks off at a Ford Dealership to get good sales. The VAG sales think Australia owes them a living :D

but Ford/Holden dealers are at least willing to negotiate heavily on price and it's not that bad a car! Look at the sales they get!
you would think with lower volume sales from VW/Audi that they wouldnt snob potential customers off and be less willing on price negs :(

dodgeGTI
03-05-2007, 01:33 PM
I got the same treatment when I went there to look at a 2nd hand TT they had. Walked next door and bought an s2000 instead.

BlackVr6ix
03-05-2007, 02:08 PM
My Dad and I found most dealerships basically fobbed us off when it came to buying his new car. VW/Audi/Subaru wouldnt even give him a firm trade-in price on his 4yr old A4T until he had signed on the line.

Given that they (VW) have limited stock of some cars (Passat V6, R32 etc) I guess they can be a little tight, but in all honesty how are you going to gain brand loyalty when you treat people like garbage.

Dad nearly bought a 325bmw because VW was screwing him around. Glad he didnt, and got the V6 Passat. It is a fantastic car, which IMHO is better than all the A4's i test drove!

syncro
03-05-2007, 02:54 PM
, he looked at us, due to im an asian, he looked at us as if we low class citzen, and my dad cracked it!

What a jerk!
Obviously hasn't dealt with Asians before!
Always willing to bargain, never get insulted if you refuse their deal, and they pay in cash!:???:

DubSteve
03-05-2007, 03:11 PM
I would have slapped that fecker in the face. I remember I was with mates and they were looking for cars. I was looking at a mk4 GTI when the dealer asked me what kind of car you looking for? "I said I got a golf vr6", he said hold on I think we got one of them, so I had a look at it. He was telling me it was like brand new, really quick and a 97 model. I said smack that show me!

I swear he did not know what he was on about not his fault really as it was a japanese car place. It was missing the front lip, it had a 3 slot grille, as the vr6 has 2, and it was a auto not to mention that the car was a 94 :(

I pointed out all of these flaws and I said 4k ill take it (price tag was $10 000), he goes know one your joking, I go yes way your joking for having it priced that high, AND ITS A AUTO!!!!!!!

He was like Nah and walked off, he was a piece of poo!!!

rabbitoh
03-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Hmmm glad I didn't try my local Audi dealer then to have a look at the S3.

JP_Aircooled_TDi
03-05-2007, 08:41 PM
In 1994, I actually had a car sales man ask me if I ‘was looking or dreaming’ – WTF? :mad:

I was sitting in a VP S-pack ute in a 2nd hand car yard at the time, wondering if I should buy it. I was stunned, and told him that due to his attitude, I wasn’t interested anymore. A week later I came back, and he asked me if I wanted to look at the ute again – but I declined, and pointed to the brand new VR S-pack ute that I had just taken delivery of. I told him that he had missed the sale due to his poor attitude, and drove off in my brand new car n:

(Un)fortunately, VWs & Audis are a bit exclusive, and we have to put up with poor service sometimes, and don’t have the option of going else where (only 1 VW dealership in Canberra). Where as the other common stuff is sold on every other street so you can shop around for service.

The VW/Audi product is so good, that it sells itself, and the ‘sales person’ doesn’t have to work for it :?

But I think that it is a small price to pay for a great car. I only had to deal with the sales people for a couple of days (where I bugged the crap out of them to get what I wanted) – but I’ve had the car over a year now, and still smile every time I drive it :D

acdcfan
03-05-2007, 09:22 PM
In 1999 I was out of buying 2nd hand car and i set my self a $ limit and what i want( colour, mileage).
as it happened I saw this 1997 VS commodore for sale with price tag $23k silver in colour, which I wanted, and only 27000kms on the clock.
Talked to a dealer and agreed, but not on the paper, I will give my VL Berlina and 17k for that car. I was going to come back next day but i didn't and missed out.
So I find this 1996 VS 75000km and price tag was same. As i was looking at the car sales man walks buy, we exchange looks ( i was in my work clothes scruffy and dirty) and minute later comes back again and asked me if i was interested. To cut long story sort he offered me only 2k trade in, knocked him back saying that i am going to pick 97 model 17k change over. As i was walking away he lowered price done to 17k less trade in but I kept on walking.
it only shows that most inexperienced sales people will judge customer by the clothes he or she may be wearing.
I ended up getting VS equip 96 model which a traded in for my Golf. Got only 2k trade in but mileage was 230k

kinezo
03-05-2007, 11:26 PM
to shred some light here! may i say where i got my GTI, they had the best service ever!
BARLOWORLD in glen waverley, melbourne. a guy called Nick his about 28ish, good bloke, races GTI on track:) so we were ont he same page.
he even threw in a fleece jacket and a hat with a full tank of petrol and some tips on launch control aswell as qouted " the only way to drive this is driving it hard, once u get off the floor". i was like :)! lol
anyways yeh if anyone wants to know BARLOWORLD!

jb747
04-05-2007, 10:49 AM
I've visited two VW dealers, and they have both been extremely helpful.

But, I'm still very pissed at the Audi people. Mechanically, their car seems interesting, and I don't want to pass on it just because their sales are jerks. At this stage I'm trying to push my complaint with them to as high a level as I can. I don't want it to stop with an apology from their marketing department.

If anyone happens to know the email address of the Audi Australia CEO, it would be helpful......

GoLfMan
04-05-2007, 01:54 PM
If anyone happens to know the email address of the Audi Australia CEO, it would be helpful......
check out the Audi Australia website :) should be a thing for "contact us"

jb747
18-05-2007, 05:55 PM
Well, I continued pushing, and eventually ended up with a couple of people ringing me, and a number of apologetic emails. Last contact was with the 'owner' of Doncaster Audi. I just wasn't interested in seeing them again, even if they promised the world. So, this sad saga ends without ever getting a drive of an A3 turbo quattro, or an S3. Oh well I guess they just don't want to sell cars.

On the plus side though, we've been back at VW and we were given the DSG R32 for the afternoon. Definitely don't like the 3 door (access to the rear is just too hard), nor did the Recaros make it any easier. It carried 3 adults nicely, and rode surprisingly well on the C roads we tested it on. Grip on the wet roads was very impressive.

Anyway, I'll put the paperwork into the lease company on Monday. We've decided on a blue R32 5 door, with cappucino leather (well some coffee variant anyway), DSG, and sunroof. I guess we're looking at delivery early next year.

GoLfMan
18-05-2007, 05:56 PM
jeez thats a LONG time to wait :o
a fine choice however ;)

blur32
18-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Anyway, I'll put the paperwork into the lease company on Monday. We've decided on a blue R32, with cappucino leather (well some coffee variant anyway), DSG, and sunroof. I guess we're looking at delivery early next year.

Awesome choice! One you wont regret! Can't wait every morning to get in and go. Love to see what it looks like with the "coffee" interior, thought of going that way myself.

The wait will just make it better!

By the way, drove the S3 yesterday.....fun. Looks very ordinary compared with the Golf, except for directly front on which looks tuff as. Interior sweeter than the Golf tho. Specc'd up to R32 level (with Recaros...regret not getting them), it came to $87k on road. It ain't that much fun to be worth $20k more!!!

bigC
25-05-2007, 03:15 PM
i hate to say it but my experience in australia with audi has been nothing but terrible. my mum and step-dad live overseas and come down to australia twice a year generally for 2-3 weeks at a time. my step dad has an A6 in china, and when they were looking to move back to australia for good they were looking to purchase a A6/A8 for himself and an A4 for my mum. we went to the then audi/porsche dealership on victoria parade (in melbourne... for all you non melburn peeps), and they wouldn't even look at us. we were probably there for about 20 minues, before he asked me to ask the receptionist if their was another audi dealership that we could go to... you should have seen their reaction. as we were walking out, a sales person came running out, business card in hand saying "if there is anything he can do for us to call him!"... my step dad turns around and replies, "no thanks we've seen enough!".
funny thing is... my step dad was on the board of advisors for audi in germany at the time... if only they knew!!!

blur32
27-05-2007, 05:07 PM
Must admit, the local Audi dealer in Albury Is exceptional. OK, i do know the family, but i have had at least a dozen mates buy Audi, Jeep, Chrysler or Mazda from them and the service has always been outstanding.

And they are sharp on pricing....and really pi**ed they can't talk me into and S3!

Southern Classic in Wollongong has also always been exceptional (Audi, VW, Range Rover, Jag, Volvo, Hummer).

But, EVERY other Audi I have been to has been disgusting. The worst was the dealer on the way out towards Southlands in Melb (sorry, don't suburb). I spent an hour there with no service at all!

LookOut
10-07-2007, 02:17 PM
I looked at two or three cars at Audi Brighton, and had very good experience with the Salesman. Test drive s3? no problem! follow up calls, yes, but not to annoy. I really liked the car, but, went with the R32,(Which i really REALLY liked)

DionM
11-07-2007, 11:34 AM
Seems to be a theme with Audi drivers.

Back in 2002 when we were buying our last car I stopped in at Audi in Brissy. I'm an electrical engineer but spend a lot of time in the field, so this day I had my safety clothes on and having just been fiddling with some equipment, had 1 or 2 grease marks on my sleeves (not that it would rub off onto the ar).

Anyway, didn't get the time of day from anyone - they just walked past me. So I left and bought elsewhere.

What really annoyed me was Audi advertising in the engineers australia magazine ... perhaps they need a training course to identify that not all engineers wear ties and suits!

Fastforward to 2007 and we're shopping around. Again I visit Audi - with my wife - and we sit in a few cars, look around. The sales staff were too busy talking to each other to bother with us. So again, we left and bought elsewhere.

aj2501
12-07-2007, 03:13 PM
I pick up my S3 on Saturday from Doncaster Audi and they have been great so far. Pricing and sales service were spot on. I had also talked to Alessi in Albury and they were very helpful.

Servicing at Melbourne City is faultless. The sales people are/were ok.

Brighton were a shower of workshy fops. Lindsay Fox will give them a shock I reckon/hope.

Looked at the R32 and was sorely tempted, but the figures (No recaro's or SatNav but everything else) were really close, ($87k is silly money and nowhere near what I choked up; even if I had added the recaros, still five figures off the mark). The finish to the S3 is a step up IMO plus the extra tuning that can be done sealed it for me. 45,000km free servicing was lobbed into the deal without me asking plus free tint and free boot liner.

Anyway hello there.:)

LookOut
12-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Nice deal! well done. I t is an awesome machine, manual that is nice-n-easy to noodle around, but when you plant it......wooo hooo!!

I dont know if i was on the money, but my test drive of the s3 manual and r32 manual seemed to show me that the s3 would be a lot easier to live with in peak hour traffic (which seems to be the default driving condition for those of us "fortunate" enough to live in the city)

and133
15-07-2007, 10:01 AM
There are rotten guys at all dealerships. Unfortunatley though a bad salesperson can affect a persons image of a car manufacturer. And Porsche is taking volkswagen over now according to autoBLOG

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/12/porsche-borrows-10-billion-euros-to-buy-vw/

aj2501
24-07-2007, 04:33 PM
Cheers LookOut.

Had it a week or so now and really like it. There is a dodgy swirl on the bonnet, which the garage is sorting out, no mention yet of how it got there, but the detailer must have seen it. Fair play to the guys though, they stuck their hand up right away.

Otherwise, the car is a delight. It is one of the few things I have bought that has more little extra touches and gizmo's than expected. Granted its' a lot of money for a shopping trolley, but excepting the width you, really can feel the quality. If you consider the original was $2k more it looks comparitively good value.

Feels a bit ordinary gunning from zero but rolling in 2, 3 and 4th it really does pull well for a 2litre motor.

LookOut
24-07-2007, 04:39 PM
Good to see you are happy with your beast. I am still waiting for my R32, and am not expecting it until some time in October! enjoy.

phaeton
24-07-2007, 08:15 PM
WOW bigC

Who is your step father ? sound like he was a big wig :D

Does he like his Chinese made A6L ?

acdcfan
24-07-2007, 09:05 PM
There are rotten guys at all dealerships. Unfortunatley though a bad salesperson can affect a persons image of a car manufacturer. And Porsche is taking volkswagen over now according to autoBLOG

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/12/porsche-borrows-10-billion-euros-to-buy-vw/

actually they didn't. Could not acquire enough shares. Only 30% which puts them on the board

GermanwithaVdub
24-07-2007, 10:53 PM
i dont know much about audi dealerships as their price tags made me laugh... but barloworld in mascot is full of ***holes a stupid annoying receptionists. hornsby VW on the other hand is the complete opposite, very friendly staff especially teh young guy matt who genuinely loves VWs (ended up buying my tdi from there the day we went out there). they're smaller than the other places which has its pros and cons... one upside is that you get to neg. with the dealership manager so you can push the price down quite a fair bit. if anyones interested i got my 2.0tdi dsg silver with esp and various other little bits for 37k in january with 2 week delivery on road... probably not the cheapest possible but it was definitely worth it.

YellowDieselGolf
25-07-2007, 06:45 PM
If you want to talk to a good Audi salesman, speak to Matt at Alessi Audi in Albury. He's a great guy and was recently sent on an audi funded trip to see the Le Mans 24 hour.

poloplayer
25-07-2007, 08:05 PM
What you've gotta do is put down and say bad things about their product right infront of them, i.e. make direct comparisons with other cars in that league and say they're better. My dad and I managed to get into the sealed off BMW section at the motor show, just because i wanted to have a look at the M5 they had there. I kept questioning the dude there about VANOS failure and how the E55 is better and how the E63 was just gonna whoop the M5s ass when it came out, and the guy was ready to give us the keys right there and then. (No sorry, the M5 is better :D)

Panman
25-07-2007, 09:50 PM
What you've gotta do is put down and say bad things about their product right infront of them, i.e. make direct comparisons with other cars in that league and say they're better. My dad and I managed to get into the sealed off BMW section at the motor show, just because i wanted to have a look at the M5 they had there. I kept questioning the dude there about VANOS failure and how the E55 is better and how the E63 was just gonna whoop the M5s ass when it came out, and the guy was ready to give us the keys right there and then. (No sorry, the M5 is better :D)

Hmm, I work in sales for a largish software company (you probably use our products), and used to work for Intel (another small company that makes computer thingys), I love people with that particular attitude.

If you really think the he was "ready to give us the keys right there and then" I think you may be slightly mistaken.

Most (professional) sales people - laugh at that attitude, and if you tried that approach with me you might asked to rearrange the words "off f--k" into a well known phrase or saying.

Nothing personal here, just giving a little advice from the sales side of the fence as to an approach that might not work.

Nick32
27-09-2007, 09:38 PM
i dont know much about audi dealerships as their price tags made me laugh... but barloworld in mascot is full of ***holes a stupid annoying receptionists. hornsby VW on the other hand is the complete opposite, very friendly staff especially teh young guy matt who genuinely loves VWs (ended up buying my tdi from there the day we went out there). they're smaller than the other places which has its pros and cons... one upside is that you get to neg. with the dealership manager so you can push the price down quite a fair bit. if anyones interested i got my 2.0tdi dsg silver with esp and various other little bits for 37k in january with 2 week delivery on road... probably not the cheapest possible but it was definitely worth it.

I found the guys at Barloworld fairly oblivious to the concept of customer satisfaction as well... Ended up buying the r32 from them due to price that couldn't be beaten but I almost went elsewhere because of the sales people. Only time they started to treat me like a customer was once they had the money in their pocket. Questions were answered with vague generalisations and any request I had seemed like way too much trouble.

On the other hand, my dealing with Audi has always been great! The audi dealership in Orange NSW threw in $8,000 worth of extras after my dad had already put down a deposit on an S5.

Lexus in Hornsby has got to be the best service is ever seen. Only downside for most is that when you leave, you have to leave in a lexus..! Still Its almost worth it for the aftersale service..

VCL888
28-09-2007, 03:01 PM
I got mine R32 from Barloworld Glen Waverley at the end, even its not the lowest price quoted (compare to Camberwell VW, lowest price but lots of BS and f**king around with you!!). I am happy to pay a bit more to get good service (Thanks Christian A. from Barloworld Glen)!!

2.5 years ago... I walked in to BMW Doncaster, stand around for 30mins... no service (may be they think i have no money! was in my bball shorts, t-shirt and havanas. you noticed the asian trend? :D). Went acrossed the road to MBenz, a lady walk out with a big smile and ask if I would like to test drive any car? NOW! that's what I called CUSTOMER SERVICE!) End up bought my first Euro car from SilverStar. j:

Lukev85
28-09-2007, 03:04 PM
You have made the right decision my friend

Pharkus
28-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Sounds kinda like DMX buying that Lambo in Cradle to the Grave....walks in in a singlet and trackpants, gets ignored by the snobby assistant. Some other guy chucks him the keys, he revs the engine and pays the better sales person with a bag full of cash!

Checkin my powerball numbers now.....

burtybear
28-09-2007, 06:47 PM
I got mine R32 from Barloworld Glen Waverley at the end, even its not the lowest price quoted (compare to Camberwell VW, lowest price but lots of BS and f**king around with you!!). I am happy to pay a bit more to get good service (Thanks Christian A. from Barloworld Glen)!!

2.5 years ago... I walked in to BMW Doncaster, stand around for 30mins... no service (may be they think i have no money! was in my bball shorts, t-shirt and havanas. you noticed the asian trend? :D). Went acrossed the road to MBenz, a lady walk out with a big smile and ask if I would like to test drive any car? NOW! that's what I called CUSTOMER SERVICE!) End up bought my first Euro car from SilverStar. j:

That's good to hear. I bought mine from them too, and Christian is a patient of ours, so service can work both ways.:)

GermanwithaVdub
28-09-2007, 07:44 PM
That's good to hear. I bought mine from them too, and Christian is a patient of ours, so service can work both ways.:)

looks like hes got more to lose then! j:

OvaltoJetta
29-09-2007, 03:01 AM
You are all lucky ..... There's only 1 Audi dealer in all of WA. My ex mechanic recons it's the best thing since sliced bread. They ask him for advice.

THE KOP
03-10-2007, 12:57 PM
I got told to come back when I was cashed up after refusing a trade-in price on my GTi 180 from a Subaru/Volkswagen dealership. I was actually going to buy a Nissan 350Z for some stupid reason.

Glad I never though as I soon turned my attentions to the R32 and GTI. Test drove both at the same dealership and then decided on the GTI.
Went and bought it from another Perth dealership on the same day as I didn't want to give them the satisfaction.

Parents had previously bought 3 cars from the dealeship, 1 VW and 2 Subarus. After they discovered that they changed their tune but the damage had already been done. Never ever would I think of going there again.

Worst part was that they had the exact spec GTI I wanted in stock and the place I bought it from didn't. I still decided to go with them though and waited the 3 months for delivery.

Jeremy@SCC
03-10-2007, 05:18 PM
Hi all,

Thought I might poke my head in and say Gday. I'm one of the Audi salesmen at Southern Classic Cars in Wollongong (NSW). Very glad we got a positive mention earlier in the thread as I know myself and Chris my manager put 100% into it for every client. As someone earlier said we do VW, Audi, Volvo, Landrover and Jaguar. If ANY of you need anything, be it pricing, specs, availability etc on any of the above cars please don't hesitate to email me, we send cars all over the country so distance isn't an issue.

If I may I wouldn't mind every now and again pointing out special prices or vehicles that come way under what's 'normal'. At the moment we have 4 R32 Golf's in 3 door manuals, all 06 built cars but brand new. Being 06 build there is a large discount involved for potential buyers.
Mods if the above is classed as Spam or is against forum rules please remove it.

Again please let me be of assistance guys, I hate hearing stories of a brand being tarnished by someones bad attitude.

Regards, Jeremy :)
jeremy.english@southernclassiccars.com.au

OvaltoJetta
03-10-2007, 06:58 PM
I got told to come back when I was cashed up after refusing a trade-in price on my GTi 180 from a Subaru/Volkswagen dealership. them though and waited the 3 months for delivery.

No guesses there KOP seeings there's only 2 ....soon to be 3 dealers in Perth. I got mine from the same place as you too. Great service.... Absolutely!

jb747
04-10-2007, 01:14 AM
Jeremy, not really the best thread for you to come into trying to sell something.

I started it, because I was totally disgusted with the Audi people I'd met. I'm more than able to afford any of your cars, but in three attempts now, I've never actually been able to get a drive of any of them. I'm not 18, but I'm guilty of living in a tracksuit, not a suit, when I'm not working. Maybe that's the problem.....

But, my point is that the Audi salesmen made the decision to buy ANY OTHER BRAND really easy.

GermanwithaVdub
04-10-2007, 08:57 AM
i think jeremy's just trying to point out that not all audi salespeople are pompous nobs and i think his point of view is very relevant in the discussion.

ozgriff
04-10-2007, 08:57 AM
Not the best thread, but at least he's coming in to say 'you want friends', that's the point isn't it, better service at the end of the day.

I'm all too familiar in living in the comfortable clothes. It's a fun experiment to play, get in your nice silk and attention comes your way, get in your tracksuit and t-shirt and a wide berth be it for you.

That's actually handy, because when I'm just looking I go for the comfy look, at least you don't get hassled.

GermanwithaVdub
04-10-2007, 09:03 AM
i bet it sucks working in a dealership both audi and vw, and trying to sell an audi when theres a vw right next to it which is the same car but 10k cheaper haha

Jeremy@SCC
04-10-2007, 09:11 AM
Understood, I definatly didn't want to come in here and start spouting off numbers and putting the hard word on people, I wanted to try and put a positive light on sales in general and try to show there are those of us out there that do it cause we love it, we love dealing with people and dealing with cars.
Being that in this dealership we are not isolated to the one franchise, we get the benefit of selling a few makes, and seeing the good points of all. I don't like when people bring a brand down to try and make another look better, they're all different and what works for someone will not work for another.

The other thing we see alot here is exactly what you're talking about in 1st appearences, Wollongong is very industrial, with heaps of huge fabrication companies. It's a regular sight to have someone come in wearing high vis clothing with work boots or whatever, but to judge based on that is suicide !!

Earlier you guys were talking about bringing up concerns with dealer principles etc, which I think is great and needs to be done more. Our dealer principle is very passionate about selling cars, and would be on the phone straight away to the customer trying to come to a solution if he recieved a letter about one of us. Sadly this industry is littered with lazy people, some who may have been doing it for too long and don't care anymore, if they're slowly weeded by people speaking up it will benefit all in the long run.

Cheers, Jeremy

neil
04-10-2007, 09:25 AM
Understood, I definatly didn't want to come in here and start spouting off numbers and putting the hard word on people, I wanted to try and put a positive light on sales in general and try to show there are those of us out there that do it cause we love it, we love dealing with people and dealing with cars.
Being that in this dealership we are not isolated to the one franchise, we get the benefit of selling a few makes, and seeing the good points of all. I don't like when people bring a brand down to try and make another look better, they're all different and what works for someone will not work for another.

The other thing we see alot here is exactly what you're talking about in 1st appearences, Wollongong is very industrial, with heaps of huge fabrication companies. It's a regular sight to have someone come in wearing high vis clothing with work boots or whatever, but to judge based on that is suicide !!

Earlier you guys were talking about bringing up concerns with dealer principles etc, which I think is great and needs to be done more. Our dealer principle is very passionate about selling cars, and would be on the phone straight away to the customer trying to come to a solution if he recieved a letter about one of us. Sadly this industry is littered with lazy people, some who may have been doing it for too long and don't care anymore, if they're slowly weeded by people speaking up it will benefit all in the long run.

Cheers, Jeremy

Hey Jeremy, welcome.
Might be an idea to start your own thread and introduce yourself to the
Audi fans, and let them know how you can be of assistance to them in the future.
Neil.

VW Convert
04-10-2007, 09:36 AM
Sadly this industry is littered with lazy people, some who may have been doing it for too long and don't care anymore, if they're slowly weeded by people speaking up it will benefit all in the long run.

Cheers, Jeremy

This is the sad reality of all industries. I've experienced good and bad in car sales but then I've experienced good and bad in many other industries, it is merely human nature.

At the end of the day we all get to make our choice and not buy where we don't get the service we are entitled to.

Cheers

George

Lima
04-10-2007, 01:15 PM
Welcome Jeremy. I've been hearing complimentary reports from SCC for quite a few years now. :)

dodgey
04-10-2007, 01:23 PM
Welcome Jeremy. I've been hearing complimentary reports from SCC for quite a few years now. :)

Welcome Jeremy :)

Actually bought my GTI from Chris (the Audi sales manager) SCC's been good to me. Sent a few people down there too.

Will have to introduce myself next time I'm down for a drive

Dodgey :)

Steve
05-10-2007, 06:23 PM
We are very lucky in SA from all reports I've heard Audi has great service here ;)

Should test that out.........:D
Yeah, the local Audi people are awesome. Karl-Heinz is the man!

I'm not sure how there can be such a difference between them and the local VW people, who aren't so awesome.

shogun2
05-10-2007, 06:48 PM
The dealer in Adelaide tends to get a bit of a bashing some times in other forums. However, I had an issue with my Multivan that I was not able to resolve via the normal means (going through the service manager), so I sent an email and attached a letter explaining the situation to the dealer principal (on a Sunday), and had a response via my mobile within half an hour. He escalated the issue, providing a conduit to the relevant people in VW Oz, and I will hopefully have a resolution shortly.
I cannot ask for any more than what he has done, and have to congratulate him and the dealership on taking the issues seriously.

Steve
05-10-2007, 07:31 PM
I guess I should qualify what I posted with "sales" people, rather than just "people" :)

jb747
06-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Oh well, the fact remains that after a number of attempts to have a drive of one of their cars, I was never successful. I don't think that it's even vaguely reasonable that I should have to make multiple visits to get something that should have been offered the first time. And it does't matter now, as the ship containing my R32 reaches Australia tomorrow, and Melbourne in a few days.

Actually, this story goes back even further. The very first time I tried to have a test drive of an Audi was in 1996. I was wearing shorts and t-shirt, and visited a place near Toorak. I was interested in an A4 turbo quattro. They had one in the car park, that was obviously a dealership car. I outright asked for a drive, and was told they don't give test drives of them. Rubbish, who buys a car without test driving. Lots was the reply. At which point I asked to see whomever was actually in charge of the place, and dropped my business card on his desk. I then stormed out. Salesman caught me a couple of hundred metres down the road...driving the car. As far as I was concerned they'd shot their chance, told him so, and continued walking.

neil
06-10-2007, 07:07 PM
Oh well, the fact remains that after a number of attempts to have a drive of one of their cars, I was never successful. I don't think that it's even vaguely reasonable that I should have to make multiple visits to get something that should have been offered the first time. And it does't matter now, as the ship containing my R32 reaches Australia tomorrow, and Melbourne in a few days.

Actually, this story goes back even further. The very first time I tried to have a test drive of an Audi was in 1996. I was wearing shorts and t-shirt, and visited a place near Toorak. I was interested in an A4 turbo quattro. They had one in the car park, that was obviously a dealership car. I outright asked for a drive, and was told they don't give test drives of them. Rubbish, who buys a car without test driving. Lots was the reply. At which point I asked to see whomever was actually in charge of the place, and dropped my business card on his desk. I then stormed out. Salesman caught me a couple of hundred metres down the road...driving the car. As far as I was concerned they'd shot their chance, told him so, and continued walking.

Can imagine what you went through.

I went to 3 vw dealers and was told to come back when I had decided
whether I wanted the Jetta manual or dsg.
Went to ccc vw and all they wanted me to do was drive anything I wanted. they got my deposit.

GermanwithaVdub
06-10-2007, 08:01 PM
Can imagine what you went through.

I went to 3 vw dealers and was told to come back when I had decided
whether I wanted the Jetta manual or dsg.
Went to ccc vw and all they wanted me to do was drive anything I wanted. they got my deposit.

whats ccc? chatswood classic cars?

neil
06-10-2007, 10:29 PM
whats ccc? chatswood classic cars?

yes chatswood ccc

GermanwithaVdub
07-10-2007, 09:03 AM
yes chatswood ccc

sweet, ordered my yet to be delivered gt tdi from there too, couldnt be happier with the treatment we received. took the tsi gt they had there for a drive and flogged the absolute crap out of it and not a single whisper or "ahhh" from the poor guy next to me hehe

neil
07-10-2007, 04:52 PM
sweet, ordered my yet to be delivered gt tdi from there too, couldnt be happier with the treatment we received. took the tsi gt they had there for a drive and flogged the absolute crap out of it and not a single whisper or "ahhh" from the poor guy next to me hehe

Been a few bad posts re CCC but my experience has been ok,
Will see what the handover is like as I might be looking at another jetta for
parents soon if this one I'm getting is ok.
They like filling you up with coffee and bringing the nice young lady to get
you to take up there extra offers.

Sorry jb747 for taking over the thread.

VWG81
09-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Having just ordered a new Golf I've had my 10 yearly dose of sales people.

Why do they all lead with "The Golf has a chilled glovebox"? I'm afraid that brought me to uncontrollable laughter by the 3rd dealer I visited. I'm sure there are more important virtues to start their speech.

Also to the Brissie southside salesman that recommended I go home and look at the internet to answer my questions, I didn't darken your door again. I suspect the only thing you knew about was the chillable glovebox.

And the final funny thing (to me anyway) when I made the deal and was filling out contracts etc and having to spell out my surname 10 times, the young lady said that's a strange name where's it from - my response "It's German, you know like um er Volkswagen!"

dodgey
09-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Why do they all lead with "The Golf has a chilled glovebox"? I'm afraid that brought me to uncontrollable laughter by the 3rd dealer I visited. I'm sure there are more important virtues to start their speech.

Should have asked "What happened to the chilled centre console? Why did they remove it?" :D

anarchycamp
09-10-2007, 02:06 PM

Hahahahaha thats so true, i had the same thing! Just in case I need to keep my gloves cool :cool:

Another amusing thing was that he tried to demonstrate the fact that when you have your wiper fluid nozzles on the fans dont use the air or something so the car doesnt stink like wiper fluid, it just proceeeded to make the whole car stink like wiper fluid...he was like "Well I dont smell anything" :D

GermanwithaVdub
09-10-2007, 03:20 PM
Another amusing thing was that he tried to demonstrate the fact that when you have your wiper fluid nozzles on the fans dont use the air or something so the car doesnt stink like wiper fluid, it just proceeeded to make the whole car stink like wiper fluid...he was like "Well I dont smell anything" :D

hahaha good one

Rileyowner
09-10-2007, 05:35 PM
"Also to the Brissie southside salesman that recommended I go home and look at the internet to answer my questions, I didn't darken your door again."

At least he spoke to you - that's more than you get from the w*nkers at Breakfast Creek. I've been there twice and was ignored both times while they chatted among themselves.

The Southside guy started patiently explaining the basics of diesels to me - despite the fact my Landrover Disco TDI was parked right in front of him.

I'm seriously considering ordering from an interstate dealer.

ozgriff
09-10-2007, 06:32 PM
I got a good test drive from Newstead, but when it came time to talk turkey, i didn't literally mean it! I ended up going north for mine and am happy with the service I received.

VWG81
10-10-2007, 08:22 AM
Have had similar experience with Newstead in past so was actually avoiding them despite living close to them, was looking at every other dealer from Gold Coast to Toowoomba to Bundaberg.

But after the southside experience I decided to call into Newstead on my way home. Have to say the experience was good, the price was good and there was not the pressure sell that seems the current fashion. My mate was recently shopping various brands and was getting the "I can't give you a price until you commit to buy" garbage.

I think the reality is it comes down to the idividual salesperson's approach.

ozgriff
10-10-2007, 07:25 PM
That's exactly what I was getting, that is all and good, but..."I can't commit to buy until I get the price!" Not going to take the stock price or write a blank cheque and that's what lost them the sale.

I'm sure they either didn't realise or care that I was talking to every dealer within 200km.

GermanwithaVdub
10-10-2007, 08:10 PM
heres the trick: tell a dealer you have a quote from another place, tell them a number you think is the best price that they could possibly give you and tell them thats the quote you got and ask if they're still interested. at least yoiu'll know if your price is realistic or not