PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Eos Facelift Revealed

team_v
08-10-2010, 07:39 AM
Full set of pictures here: 2011 Volkswagen Eos Facelift Unveiled ahead of LA Show Debut - Carscoop (http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2010/10/2011-volkswagen-eos-facelift-unveiled.html)

2011 Volkswagen Eos Facelift Unveiled ahead of LA Show Debut Thursday, October 07, 2010

Four years after it hit the market, Volkswagen is giving the Eos coupe-cabriolet its first cosmetic makeover. The facelifted model, which will have its world premiere at the Los Angeles Auto Show in late November before going on sale in January 2011, receives an updated design and a host of new features.

The exterior restyling brings the Eos in line with VW's latest models such as the new Touareg, Passat B7 and Jetta. At the front, there's a new, and less prominent, upper grille which is now completely separated from the lower. Also new are the headlamps that incorporate horse-shoe shaped LED running lights, the bumper design and the more chiseled side mirrors.

Out back, the changes include a revised bumper housing a diffuser and new, rectangular-shaped tail lamps with LED technology.

Inside the cabin, the changes are really rather difficult to spot, being limited to some fresh colors, new controls for the air conditioning system and additional features such as the keyless locking and starting system, a new multi-function color display and the remote control for the retractable hardtop.

Aside from the use of BlueMotion technology with a start-stop system and regenerative braking on the 140HP 2.0-liter TDI diesel engine that reduces fuel consumption by 0.7 lt/100 km, bringing it down to 4.8 lt/100 km [49 mpg US], there aren't any other changes under the hood.

More details on the 2011 VW Eos will be released at the car's LA Sow premiere in November.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/10/2011VWEos17-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/10/2011VWEos19-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/10/2011VWEos22-1.jpg

phaeton
08-10-2010, 12:10 PM
:( Not happy Jan :D

The front is ruined but the rest is ok IMO.

Bizi
08-10-2010, 12:16 PM
The front isn't as horriible as the Jetta 6-ish disaster, so that's some consolation. It has GTI elements in the bumper, with very slight Thunderbunny-style curvature of the space between headlights and foglights.

I don't mind the front so much as it retains some of the MkV (Golf/Jetta) curvature of the bonnet/headlamp area, but it could still be improved, hopefully if there's an edition with a Golf R style bumper.

With the brown metallic paint and cream interior, is this aimed at the pre-retiree leisure market?

hooba
08-10-2010, 08:17 PM
Press release.

Volkswagen Eos Receives Engine Update

MULGRAVE, AUSTRALIA – October 6, 2010: With the arrival of the new model year 2011, the Volkswagen Eos will be treated to an engine upgrade, which sees the Eos deliver the same power output as the acclaimed Golf GTI.

With the arrival of the MY11 Eos, it now features the 2.0 litre four-cylinder TSI petrol engine with a power 155kW output, which allows the vehicle to accelerate from standstill to 100km/h in 7.8 seconds. Maximum torque – 280 Nm – is delivered between 1,700 and 5,200 rpm, an exceptionally wide range to provide excellent in-gear performance and keen throttle response. The Eos is available with a six-speed manual or six-speed DSG transmission. Emissions of CO2 are 173 g/km (DSG: 184 g/km) and fuel consumption is just 7.4L/100km (DSG: 7.9 L/100km).

The Eos's TSI engine offers new features including modified pistons and piston rings, new induction system and a high-pressure fuel pump. This engine was designed for Euro V compliance, lower CO2 emissions, fuel efficiency, ease of servicing and "packaging". Packaging means reducing the external dimensions of the engine, plus accessories to allow appropriate under-bonnet space for engine movement, service access and crumple zones.

The Volkswagen Eos is also still available as a 2.0 litre four-cylinder 103kW diesel paired with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed DSG gearbox. Model Year 2011 also gives the Eos some other enhancements like standard Vienna leather upholstery with heated front seats, new 17" alloy wheels and a range of new exterior colours combined with new chrome grille strips and cherry red tail lights.

Every manual Eos now also comes with standard Hill Start Assist (HSA), which holds the vehicle when the foot brake is released by temporarily locking the brake pressure (for a maximum of 1.5 seconds) to provide comfortable starting-off without rolling back. Hill Start Assist (HSA) operates on inclines greater than 5%.

Pricing remains unchanged with prices from $46,990 for the Eos 103TDI and $48,990* for the Eos 155TSI.

slitko
08-10-2010, 11:07 PM
Its nice but I still like my EOS better :)

Pepe
10-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Bah, still a girl's car ;)

Although I do like that better than the last one, you could actually do stuff to that to make it look semi-decent.

Sorry to drop in on the EOS forum and bad mouth your babies, but the EOS is a car that I really want to love for everything it has on paper, but I just couldn't get past the way it looks :(

Now an EOS R, that I would be interested in :D

VW Convert
10-10-2010, 10:07 PM
Although I do like that better than the last one, you could actually do stuff to that to make it look semi-decent.

Looks fine to me, not that there is anything wrong with the look of the current Eos. Mine draws plenty of compliments, each to his own I guess.

Sorry to drop in on the EOS forum and bad mouth your babies,

Perhaps best not to then. :D

Buller_Scott
11-10-2010, 10:29 PM
Bah, still a girl's car ;)

but I just couldn't get past the way it looks ....Now an EOS R, that I would be interested in :D

still a girls car? so you must drive either a caddy, a multivan, or a touareg....

as for an Eos R..... you'd be interested because it'd look completely different?

tinto
11-10-2010, 11:11 PM
Am i missing something? Is this one that will grow on you?
Ecch there's a lot of bland stuff being churned out by the VW design team.
New Passat then this.
Character delete is a factory non-option.

2.0 TSI engine seems to be a cracker though.

maca
12-10-2010, 12:04 AM
Love the new look, coupled with the 155TSI and it's definitely a cabby worth tuning.

APR Stage 3 Eos anyone?