And Above

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdaGTMWmcQI&feature=related

CanberravRS
07-10-2010, 07:19 PM
And another angle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjOzkRVRhLw&feature=related

Transporter
07-10-2010, 07:32 PM
I just watched Yeti in snow (next to crash test) over 700m above the sea level. Impressive. It looked like it didn't even have a proper winter tyres.

K1W1
07-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Is that really an ANCAP test? It looks like something in Europe to me.

CanberravRS
07-10-2010, 10:34 PM
ENCAP/ANCAP are 99.8% the same.. as we generally follow ENCAP, and yes im so used to hearing or saying ancap that encap is for all intensive purposes its parent set of rules anyway.
Department of Infrastructure and Transport ( Fed Gov ) and ANCAP have worked with Euro NCAP, JNCAP, and KNCAP to share test data and leverage globally recognised testing standards.

spaz74
08-10-2010, 05:39 AM
I thought that test was a demo test put on by Skoda and therefore not part of any official testing. It was done more than a month ago if I remember correctly.

K1W1
08-10-2010, 05:52 AM
It's still impressive but that's what it looks like to me as well.
I have never seen any official tests that were not done in a lab situation and certainly not done in front of a large audience in marquees with a big screen. There are not enough reference marks on the ground, the dummies or the cars for it to be an official safety test.

CanberravRS
08-10-2010, 05:54 AM
Its not here.. its def in EU.

This is the text from the First Clip..

A Škoda Yeti traveling at a speed of 90km/h hit a standing Škoda Superb Combi head on. Both cars were carrying four crash test dummies, with their seat belts fastened and secured with safety elements.

Although it was a different type of impact and a higher speed, the assessment methodology of the independent Euro-NCAP association was used to compare the stress on the occupants during the impact. In the various images it is clear how many points would be allocated in a car assessment account. 98.25% of possible points were achieved for the adult passengers sitting in the Superb Combi. It is the full number for the child passengers in the car -- 100%. The values for the Škoda Yeti were 99.94% for the adults and 93.19% for the children

Transporter
08-10-2010, 06:30 AM
It is good that they done it in open and infront of life audience.

I like it. It is good for advertising too.

Mercedes Benz and Honda are also known to crash test their small cars against their bigger ones.

Talking about unofficial crash testing, one Swedish company was collecting data from the real life crashes that were never published. Well at least not until 2004, I didn't checked it since.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

PassatB6
08-10-2010, 08:41 AM
Unfortunately, the Octavia is still rated at 4 stars on thew Encap site with the it being listed as a 2004 model only.

K1W1
08-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Talking about unofficial crash testing, one Swedish company was collecting data from the real life crashes that were never published.

Was that the same Swedish company that used to advertise how strong their cars were by having a photo of one with a number of other vehicles stacked on it's roof then got found out that the bottom car (the subject of the promotion) in the photo had a specially strengthened roof just for the product shot?

Transporter
08-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Was that the same Swedish company that used to advertise how strong their cars were by having a photo of one with a number of other vehicles stacked on it's roof then got found out that the bottom car (the subject of the promotion) in the photo had a specially strengthened roof just for the product shot?

I don't think so, it was at the time when I was checking cars for their safety ratings when my daughters started to drive. :) I always check more than just the stars when it comes to car safety, many cars have 5 stars rating and there is a lot of difference in them when you read the additional report.

K1W1
08-10-2010, 02:55 PM
I was referring to a swedish car company that has never made planes to the best of my knowledge. :-)