PDA

View Full Version : Door locks / radio

denilu
01-05-2007, 11:08 AM
Hi guys, loving my new GTi however am a bit confused about doors / radio. They seem to work differently to my old mk iv golf.

The radio stays on for a while when i take keys out of ignition and get out of the car - is that normal? It seems to go off when the lights dim

Also pressing the lock button on the keys seems to lock that car only after about 30 seconds of pressing button and nothing happening.

I usually have the switch in the driver's door set to lock.

I have read the manual and don't think I am doing something wrong - should I be heading back to dealer?

Any hints appreciated.

Thanks!

acdcfan
01-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Hi guys, loving my new GTi however am a bit confused about doors / radio. They seem to work differently to my old mk iv golf.

The radio stays on for a while when i take keys out of ignition and get out of the car - is that normal? It seems to go off when the lights dim

Also pressing the lock button on the keys seems to lock that car only after about 30 seconds of pressing button and nothing happening.

I usually have the switch in the driver's door set to lock.

I have read the manual and don't think I am doing something wrong - should I be heading back to dealer?

Any hints appreciated.

Thanks!

you can refer this thread for radio problems but central locking i don't know
http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=3892&highlight=flat+battery

itgwv
02-05-2007, 12:10 AM
Radio should go off when you pull key out of ignition, will stay on if you just turn car off and leave key in. And doors should lock when you press button. Sounds like something a bit strange you should have looked at.

VWGTi
02-05-2007, 11:49 AM
Yup something doesn't sound right there - doors lock when pressed and radio switches off once the keys are pulled out - on mine.

acdcfan
02-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Yup something doesn't sound right there - doors lock when pressed and radio switches off once the keys are pulled out - on mine.

mine too, no problems so far

Dr Spine
02-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Back to the dealer I think. It doesn't sound right.

denilu
11-05-2007, 08:33 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I went back to dealer and they changed the ignition barrel - some contact wasn't connecting. Now working fine.

Thanks again.
:)