PDA

View Full Version : Polo questions

des
01-05-2007, 10:55 AM
Hi there

My name is Des, I'm new here, although not new to VW's, currently have a 1977 Mk1 Golf LS,

Looking at in the next few months getting a new Polo, looking at the Polo Club 1.4 3 Door 4 Speed Automatic.
Probably go for a white, with the optional fog lights, Front seat height adjustment,

Question on the sunroof, is that a tilt only or tilt and sliding panel roof? i.e. where the panel slides back into the rear of the roof to give you a large opening area,

Anyone here own a Polo Club in auto? How has your car been? reliable? any problems? problems with your dealership? Happy with the work your dealer does?

thanks

Timbo
01-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Question on the sunroof, is that a tilt only or tilt and sliding panel roof? i.e. where the panel slides back into the rear of the roof to give you a large opening area

Hi Des, welcome to the forum. I have a sunroof and can confirm it is a tilt and sliding panel roof. Wasn't a great fan of sunroof before my Polo, but quite like this one. Some of the Golf owners complain about rattles, but mine has been fine (so far)

des
01-05-2007, 11:01 AM
Hi Tim, thanks

I assume it has a sliding curtain that you can pull across the glass panel so when you don't want the sun in.

thanks

Timbo
01-05-2007, 02:09 PM
Yes it does ;)

leck
01-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Hi and welcome.

Do spend a bit of time with the TDI (diesel) polos while you are investigating. They drive really well, heaps better than the 1.4 and it seems fairly common to get 900ks out of a tank.

des
01-05-2007, 06:47 PM
Hi and welcome.

Do spend a bit of time with the TDI (diesel) polos while you are investigating. They drive really well, heaps better than the 1.4 and it seems fairly common to get 900ks out of a tank.

thanks for the advice, I understand the TDI only comes in a manual, I don't like manual gearboxes

I have read very good reviews of the TDI, basically it seems what people are saying is if you don't mind the motor that sounds like a truck engine they are a very good car.

There is no doubt the Germans have always made very good diesel cars, look at the Mercedes 300D.

phaeton
01-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Hi & Welcome des :D

I believe there is one other Polo Club owner here vwpolo.

vwpolo's Club is white and has airbrush on the bonnet search National 2007 Picture thread for a pic ;)

des have you thought about getting the Polo Match 1.6 with Tiptronic Auto ?

des
01-05-2007, 07:33 PM
Hi Ben
Have seen those yes, although I don't really need a 5 door car and the price is a little high for what I want to spend really.

The other option I have been considering is a Golf say about 3 years old.
The lure of buying a Polo brand new is very appealing. What I like about the Polo is it is what the Golf should be, the newer Golfs in my humble opinion are too big for the class of car they are.

I know getting off topic but I love the small size and nimbleness of the Mk1 Golf, they way they grip to the road is amazing.

phaeton
01-05-2007, 07:42 PM
A little birdie tip Next Polo is due next year so if you can hold off long enough you could get a Polo Club @ runout prices.

or

Buy the new Skoda Fabia which is due in October ;) ;)

EDIT vwpolo's Club on this page of Gallery http://www.clubvw.org.au/vw_nationals_photo_page_2.htm

VEEDUB69
01-05-2007, 10:01 PM
[QUOTE=phaeton;49829]A little birdie tip Next Polo is due next year so if you can hold off long enough you could get a Polo Club @ runout prices.

So what news do you have on a "new polo" due next year phaeton? Current update only appeared a year or so ago & vw tend to hang on to shapes for years & years, will it be an update or completely new vehicle?