PDA

View Full Version : Skoda Superb - does it have?

Tensixty6
01-10-2010, 06:49 AM
1/. Programmable automatic door locking ie doors lock automatically when you first drive the car, then unlock when you stop and switch off the motor.

2/. Left and right parking marker lights. You can have either the right or left hand parking light on. No interior lights or licence plate lights on.

brad
01-10-2010, 07:46 AM
Speaking from an Octavia perspective (ie: if the Octy has it then the Superb probably does too)

1) All doors lock automatically at ~10kph. Doors unlock on removal of key or a double pull of that door's handle. I know my wife's Calais has more unlock options (unlock when you put in Park & something else?).

2) Yes. Blinker stalk down for Left parkers. Up for right. The car will beep at you until the drivers door is shut. If it isn't enabled, VCDS can do it.

Jake02
01-10-2010, 08:48 AM
1) All doors lock automatically at ~10kph. Doors unlock on removal of key or a double pull of that door's handle. I know my wife's Calais has more unlock options (unlock when you put in Park & something else?).

Does it really!? Must be in the system somewhere...

brad
01-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Does it really!? Must be in the system somewhere...

does which really?

Tensixty6
01-10-2010, 09:23 AM
Excellent. Little features that I currently use in my GTI that I'd like to have in my next car.

woofy
01-10-2010, 09:33 AM
I think most of the Octys have the door locking turned off by default. I expected mine to do it when I bought it, but it didn't, I'm guessing I can ask them to do it at my next service.

brad
01-10-2010, 09:55 AM
I think most of the Octys have the door locking turned off by default. I expected mine to do it when I bought it, but it didn't, I'm guessing I can ask them to do it at my next service.

Set all mine up via the MFD. Dealer has never touched anything. Would you like me to check which settings?

A mate just gave me a VCDS cable too. Looking forward to doing some exploring with that.

woofy
01-10-2010, 10:05 AM
Yeah if you could, I looked in the MFD a few times, but couldn't see the option that does that. Some of the options seem vague and aren't explained so well in the manual so it could have been one of those.

Jake02
01-10-2010, 10:42 AM
does which really?

Just the auto-locking feature. As mentioned, please do tell haha.

CanberravRS
01-10-2010, 11:03 AM
Theres an option in the MFD to autolock doors at 20kph

brad
01-10-2010, 04:34 PM
ignition on, doors closed, etc.
Access the MFD menu by holding down the rocker on the end of the wiper stalk. you should see 3 options MFD, AUDIO, SETUP. toggle down to SETUP and press the button under the stalk to access the menu.
Toggle to CONVENIENCE and press the understalk button.
there are 3 options:
Single Door (to open drivers door or all 4)
Auto Close (closes all doors at around 10kph)
Auto Open (on withdrawal of key from ignition)

toggle to the option you need, a solid triangle to the left of the option means it is enabled. select/deselect with the understalk button.

Jake02
01-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Access the MFD menu by holding down the rocker on the end of the wiper stalk. you should see 3 options MFD, AUDIO, SETUP. toggle down to SETUP and press the button under the stalk to access the menu.
there are 3 options:

toggle to the option you need, a solid triangle to the left of the option means it is enabled. select/deselect with the understalk button.

I actually just successfully did it, as well as making the doors open with only one press. Thank you but :).

woofy
01-10-2010, 05:24 PM
Ah I could never figure why it had one door and auto close, auto open...figured they were the same thing. Makes sense. For some reason I thought the other options were if you want all doors to open when you press the remote.

Pariah
06-10-2010, 04:07 AM
there are 3 options:

Yeah, changed mine then shortly after delivery. Not sure if others notice but it seem the settings for the doors is linked to the actual key. Main key had open all doors / spare is 1st push drivers door only, 2nd push the rest. Have not tried the rest of the settings to see if those are linked too though.

And I do agree the manual is not the greatest. It seems to be translated by someone who have not been inside the vehicle but more of a professional translator. Things seem to be explained in a roundabout way IMO. Sometimes after double / triple reading, I still do not get what it is trying to say. After playing with the options in the MFD with the 'assistance' of the manual, I gave up at the climate control, there are too much lights / options and i can't continue reading that manual. (ie left light is this, right light is that and no light is what. hahaaa, finally figured those out on another day where i was feeling much fresher!!) Maybe it is just me..........

Happs
12-10-2010, 04:23 PM
OMG! Was just pricing a Superb V6 (wagon) with local dealer, had spent a LOT of time figuring out which options and accessories I'll get. But, something I didn't count on was the Audi-style pricing!

A tow ball - $2,294!!!!!!!!!!! That's obscene. The dealer said he could get one for probably $1,995 but that they have to be genuine Audi accessories.

brad
12-10-2010, 04:58 PM
OMG! Was just pricing a Superb V6 (wagon) with local dealer, had spent a LOT of time figuring out which options and accessories I'll get. But, something I didn't count on was the Audi-style pricing!

A tow ball - $2,294!!!!!!!!!!! That's obscene. The dealer said he could get one for probably $1,995 but that they have to be genuine Audi accessories.

It's not the ironmongery that's expensive - it's the wiring for the canbus system. That price is about average for most similar canbus type electrical systems.

You can get it a bit cheaper (the wiring) if you want to faff about with DIY import from the UK.

bobski
12-10-2010, 05:12 PM
It's not the ironmongery that's expensive - it's the wiring for the canbus system. That price is about average for most similar canbus type electrical systems.

Was it a quote for an in-stock car or an order? You'd think if you were ordering it from the factory, it'd be the cheapest way to have it fitted (seeing as the wiring loom would take a couple of minutes to install).

woofy
13-10-2010, 07:56 AM
I'm really wondering if more Aus delivered than not might have had the wiring put in by default to make up for low stock and having to order it in, especially the initial rollout stock which I think mine was at the tail end of....I should check my codes.

Inego
13-10-2010, 08:49 AM
is ID7 still the wiring code? My Dec09 build Scout has ID7, but no mention of it anywhere else.....

Happs
13-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Was it a quote for an in-stock car or an order? You'd think if you were ordering it from the factory, it'd be the cheapest way to have it fitted (seeing as the wiring loom would take a couple of minutes to install).

It was an order, but I don't know if it's fitted at the factory or at the dealer (they call both 'factory fitted', but they really mean genuine parts and not fitted after-market).

K1W1
13-10-2010, 05:11 PM
The problem with Skodas and towing is that there are very few Skodas on the road yet compared to other brands and most of the local third party tow bar manufacturers don't have kits available so owners are forced to buy factory fitted (as in when the car is assembled in CZ) towbars and wiring in most cases.
Over time the third party people will develop local kits but at the moment there ara very few if any options for most people.