PDA

View Full Version : Pog GTI could have some competition.

OilBurna
23-09-2010, 10:04 AM
2011 Ford Fiesta ST could be badged locally as Fiesta XR4 | Car Advice | News | Reviews (http://www.caradvice.com.au/84349/2011-ford-fiesta-st-could-be-badged-locally-as-fiesta-xr4/)

team_v
23-09-2010, 10:12 AM
The power output and handling will be on par or better than the pogo.

The quality could be a bit of a let down though.
I sat in the base pogo and the base mazda 2 and the 2 is terrible inside, all hard and sterile.
That is where VW stands out in it's class.

philthy
23-09-2010, 10:22 AM
I think the new Fiesta styling is much better than the Polo.. (and that's coming from a polo owner)

Would be very interesting if it comes in at a similar price to the old XR4. With a six speed manual and a perky 1.6 turbo I can see it selling like hotcakes.

Buller_Scott
24-09-2010, 11:52 AM
i like the styling of the fiesta, but i reckon it's one style that will look butt-ugly once it's been phased out.

still, when it comes to tiny, modern cars.... for me, it's the polo, and the fiesta.

i was so close to getting the previous model fiesta xr4, interior quality let it down in the end. i'd hope that they sort out the dash in the fiesta ST- i test drove a normal fiesta with a mate, and the dash layout is just.... too many buttons. looks stupid.

Frankenstrat
27-09-2010, 03:38 PM
I think the new Fiesta styling is much better than the Polo..

i like the styling of the fiesta, but i reckon it's one style that will look butt-ugly once it's been phased out.
I'd take a Polo over the Fiesta any day. Ford had a really nice looking Euro-designed Fiesta that they replace with that... fugly abomination. Apologies to those of you who do not share my opinion.

One of the Alcoa apprentices we have on secondment used to own the previous model Fiesta but replaced it after a smash with the new model. She said they were like chalk and cheese, the new model she thought was much better.

philthy
27-09-2010, 04:03 PM
I'd take a Polo over the Fiesta any day. Ford had a really nice looking Euro-designed Fiesta that they replace with that... fugly abomination. Apologies to those of you who do not share my opinion.

The world would be a boring place if we all had the same opinion :)

Frankenstrat
28-09-2010, 09:58 PM
Hmm, maybe so, but I'd have a lot of friends. :)

Buller_Scott
29-09-2010, 03:50 AM
who needs friends when there are internet forums!

Frankenstrat
30-09-2010, 01:51 PM
who needs friends when there are internet forums!

Ha ha ha! < that's oldfartspeek for LOL :)

team_v
30-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Just another update.

HSV are looking at the possiblity of a HSV Cruze using the Opel Astra OPC engine and another variant which would run a twin turbo setup.

Hail22
30-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Re-sale Value, compared to the Polo the Ford and Holdens will massively take a plunge, most likely a lot of mechanical/computer issues such as direct injection malfunction, tyre pressure indicator faults, oil temp gauge faults.

Personally your safer with a Volkswagen then a Rubbish dump or petrol guzzling lion.

philthy
02-10-2010, 08:50 AM
Just another update.

HSV are looking at the possiblity of a HSV Cruze using the Opel Astra OPC engine and another variant which would run a twin turbo setup.

Hopefully Opel brings their full range of hot hatches to Oz when they start distributing here next yr. I'd take one of those over the HSV Cruze thingy.

Buller_Scott
02-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Opel start distributing here next yr......

interesting......

i'd never get an HSV cruze- has anyone actually seen one on the road?

"the small car just got serious" my ass- they're ****ing huge!!!!! externally, they dont look much smaller than a VE commodore, when seen side by side....

the opel corsa OPC would be nice, though..... and the opel insignia wagon looks pretty damn sweet.