PDA

View Full Version : First Post - Placed Order, Colour Dilemma. Hmmm

jackafrica
29-04-2007, 03:35 PM
Yesterday I placed an order with my local Dealer in Hobart for a 2006 plated 2.0TDI Comfortline. So pleased with meself I didn't even leave with a bloody brochure......
Drove a 2yo 2.0TDI with 50k at another yard and nearly purchased, figured new might be better. This will be my first " new " car and I'm well into my 50's, so an important decision for me.
Now for the tough part, I have a very narrow choice of colour. Simply Candy White or United Grey. Tough for me currently having a light silver car and previously a white car.....wife has a light silver Honda.
Yes, I have to pay extra for the metallic paint. That's not an issue for me.

I took a trip to town today to look further at the two colours side by side at the dealers forecourt. Still difficult for me but the Grey is beginning to get the nod.
I'm asking for your opinion which colour has the most visual appeal, particularly if you are a long term V or Golf owner.

Far from being a poll, I will post tomorrow what the final decision is/was !

Pleased to find an Aussie Forum of owners, looking forward to picking up the car and participating in the forums.
cheers
richo

brackie
29-04-2007, 04:24 PM
Welcome, Richo.

Yeah, I purchased my forst ever new car last year and I'm approaching the end of my 50s! Pleased that you went for the TDI as you definitely won't be disappointed.

As for colour, I like the grey, however white is a much safer colour as it's more visible and also, it doesn't show the dirt so much. :???: Difficult choice but at least you get to drive it straight away :)

Is the grey one this colour?

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/attachment.php?attachmentid=481&d=1177736662

jackafrica
29-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Thanks brackie for the welcome, the colour thing is a worry for me.
Were this a 2nd hand car the colour wouldn't be an issue j:

Strange feeling standing around the dealers forecourt checking out the two colours side by side literally - in the drizzle.

I felt the white may show the dirt more quickly than the dark grey ( Reflex Silver is the lighter grey ) judging on recent experience. You'd think a bloke would have more pride in their new car than to concern at how much grime could be hidden.........

Must admit to feeling some excitement at the prospect of a new car, particularly this one, though I know not why specifically.

White or grey,:? white or grey :? , white or grey :confused: ...................

At least the decision on whether to buy a 1.9 TDI Trendline or 2.0 TDI Comfortline was easy for me and I had no trouble deciding if I wanted a 6 speed manual or not. Maybe it is all the excitement which is clouding my ability to decide on the colour.

cheers
richo

lavna
29-04-2007, 06:38 PM
hi richo i just brought a grey tdi and love the colour have a look at my thread in this section i have some pics of it the thread is just recieved my new tdi the wheels make the car though

jackafrica
29-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Thanks lavna, I saw your thread last night which is what started me thinking of the dark grey over the white.

Both colours ( imho ) are conservative, the range indeed to me at least is not inspiring. Whatever happened to bright orange, purple, metallic kermit green.
Hmm, they must be on other cars eh j:

I'll be sticking with the stock wheels, perhaps accessorize as time and money wasting permits !! Genuine stuff appears very exxy.
Fog lights would've been nice. Carpet mates at $200 odd and the same for moulded mudflaps had me gasping for air like a beached goldfish. Wasn't game to ask about a weathershield...........

Grey is winning, so far.

cheers
richo

lavna
29-04-2007, 07:25 PM
richo i got moulded car mats from auto barn for 100 dollars they fit really good 200 dollars is way too expensive

jackafrica
29-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Fortunately the carpet mats and the flood maps are in the deal - though I've no doubt I'm paying for them somewhere along the line :rolleyes:

Any other light bling bits and no doubt ebay will be the first stop, then where ! ??

cheers
richo

jackafrica
30-04-2007, 05:14 PM
United Grey wins.
Now I have a 2007 plate, ( build and compliance ) Golf in United Grey metallic with ESP.
Picked up before lunchtime - yee ha !

cheers
richo

JP_Aircooled_TDi
30-04-2007, 07:01 PM
Go the grey !!! (So I can live vicariously :D )

The only reason my 2TDi is black is because the missus chose the colour - but at least I got to chose the car :D

phaeton
30-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Welcome Richo :D

I'd be different and go white there are too many greys IMO ;) ::pokes tongue out to all gray Golf owners::

jackafrica
30-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Welcome Richo :D

I'd be different and go white there are too many greys IMO ;) ::pokes tongue out to all gray Golf owners::

Thanks for the welcome, the United Grey won the day.
Gee I'm pleased with the car.

cheers
richo

srbsta
01-05-2007, 09:00 AM
Bmp Ftw :d

jackafrica
01-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Finally feel comfortable with the United Grey Metallic, looking better from every angle.
What a car ;) :)

cheers
richo