PDA

View Full Version : brake pads

sim2002
26-04-2007, 10:18 AM
hey everyone,

can someone recommend some brake pads to go on Bora V6 i can buy off the shelf? I have seen the ferrodo pads in super cheap autos but unsure if these will be ok? as seen some pads wear down the factory rotor alot faster.

also are the brake pads on bora same as golf brake pads?

thanks for help.

sim2002
02-05-2007, 10:59 AM
no one replaced their brake pads?

thepowercosmic
02-05-2007, 11:07 AM
no one replaced their brake pads?

I have but not on a Bora.

Can't help you with off the shelf stuff...

I opted to go with the OEM pads.

My car is driven daily and I've been to a few track days also.

syncro
02-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Don't use Aussie pads.

OEM are OK but dirty.

EBC Green Stuff are better and cleaner.

thepowercosmic
02-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Don't use Aussie pads.

OEM are OK but dirty.

EBC Green Stuff are better and cleaner.

I've heard conflicting information about the EBC pads (Green and Red)
Admittedly I don't know the difference between the Green and Red pads from EBC.

Personally I don't mind the brake dust - my car gets cleaned just about every week, at most a fortnight between cleans.

I also know someone that has used the Porterfield pads - over rated.

Anytime I have opted to replace/upgrade/ something on my car, I do so with the expectation that it should be an improvement from previous or at the very least the same, so I went with the advice from Seb and stuck with the OEM's.

sim2002
02-05-2007, 12:28 PM
ok looks like just use OEM pads - just thought people may have tried varying types on their cars with good results. thanks

syncro
02-05-2007, 12:34 PM
I've heard conflicting information about the EBC pads (Green and Red)

Most of it from people that haven't tried them.
I had them on my A3T and have not heard of a problem from anyone else that had them.

Bora Sport
02-05-2007, 11:29 PM
I have not had to replace mine yet. My experience with VR6's and the Vento is that you generally have to replace the rotors at the same time as the pads.

thepowercosmic
03-05-2007, 06:53 AM
Most of it from people that haven't tried them.
I had them on my A3T and have not heard of a problem from anyone else that had them.

I've haven't used EBC pads before.
However the opinions I've recieved are from people that have the same car as I have and track their cars many times more than I have.

:???:

It's just going to be another one of those things on cars - you don't really know until you try them.

gpk_gti
03-05-2007, 08:10 AM
ebc pads are the dogs ba!!s !! very good,had them on my vr6,but I have noticed the braking on my gti is far superior(much less brake fade) to the vr6 standard,so I havent bothered putting ebc this time.

DubSteve
03-05-2007, 09:14 AM
my gti is far superior(much less brake fade) to the vr6 standard,so I havent bothered putting ebc this time.

Thats because there not vented mine are crazy need to buy some Green Stuff Pads!!!

bsting
03-05-2007, 10:16 AM
Mintex pads (M1166) are good, not too much dirt from them.
If you are flushing the old fluid out as well, replace with a good brand of
DOT 5.1

:)