PDA

View Full Version : Sydney 4WD Adventure Show

gavs
31-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Soooo, did any potential Amarok customers go to the Sydney 4WD Adventure show, held at eastern creek last weekend? Anybody happen to see a dark grey Toyota Hilux with an interesting canopy fitted to the back of it......?......

ntboozer
01-09-2010, 05:44 PM
No but I'll be heading to the Melbourne 4x4 show this weekend. Will this Hilux be there?
More importantly though will the Amarok get a showing?
Cheers
nt

gavs
03-09-2010, 02:00 PM
I can't speak for the Amarok being there, that will be a VW thing, but they don't have a stand there (which seems a bit daft) that I know of.

There is a bright red hilux with the same canopy fitted to it at the biggest stand in the 4x4 pavilion..... Stands A98-A100 I believe......

ntboozer
04-09-2010, 08:37 PM
No Amarok. Actually the only VW representation was from the Werribee (mega) dealer with a used Tiguan and Touareg stuck out in the retail fishing tackle section. Very disappointing.

Looked at the Hilux. Different style canopy for Oz. Very similar to those fitted in the UK. Were you involved with the design? What are your thoughts about reduced tray capacity due to the contoured rear section? Is this style earmarked for the Amarok? :-)

gavs
06-09-2010, 08:08 AM
You only lose around 0.2 cubic metres of volume but due to the way the canopy opens, you gain approximately 0.5 cubic metres of useable volume because you can reach the entire tub of the vehicle, unlike regular canopies. If you want to carry larger cargo, you can remove the whole rear section in 10mins, the front head-board section stays on the vehicle.

For more info see:

ARB 4X4 ACCESSORIES - MAROOCHYDORE (http://www.arbmaroochydore.com.au/)

flyingfridge
06-09-2010, 09:49 AM
I'm not surprised there have been no Amaroks yet, VW is officially taking the wraps off it in Australia at the Sydney Motorshow in October. There won't be any public showings before then...

ozgti
06-09-2010, 11:08 AM
We had a stand there with 2 jeeps and Scangauges. Where was the Hilux?

gavs
06-09-2010, 12:48 PM
I'm not surprised there have been no Amaroks yet, VW is officially taking the wraps off it in Australia at the Sydney Motorshow in October. There won't be any public showings before then...

Yeah, I'm not surprised either but for the biggest 4x4 accesory show in the country logic would say to me that even just having it on a tiny little stand in a corner somewhere, even keeping it behind barriers and locked, would have been a brilliant marketing exercise. Especially seeing as many show stands displaying imported items like hard tonneus and canopies (mainly from thailand) had images of their products photoshopped onto amaroks!

Now, if it goes to the 4x4 shows, the next one is the smallest (brisbane) of the year, then the next one in Sydney is the last weekend in August!

ozgti, which pavilion was your stand in? If i had of known I would have made an effort to come say hi, and point oyu in the right direction to the hilux.... ;-)

ozgti
06-09-2010, 06:11 PM
We were opposite the Leather sealer stand, digonally from the dodgey cafe next to the big top,

Wooders Garage.

gavs
07-09-2010, 08:30 AM
Oh ok, I didn't see that part.

Pics of hilux.....
It had 20" wheels with 34" rubber on it at the show, we would have left them on but you couldn't drive it, the tyres hit the control arms!

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/09/IMG_0164-1.jpg

flyingfridge
07-09-2010, 10:30 AM
That

looks

f**n

awesome

taillights are poxy though....

gavs
07-09-2010, 12:53 PM
taillights are poxy though....

Yeah sam, I know. Unfortunately not our car so we couldn't do too much to it :-( this grey one is though.... Sorry about the dodgy pics, they're off another site and I didn't take them.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/09/0e62e66b-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/09/3f259b54-1.jpg

flyingfridge
08-09-2010, 05:19 PM
I'm a big fan of that, makes it look a bit coupy. Amarok CC anyone? :p

ntboozer
08-09-2010, 09:09 PM
The jury is still out for me regards the canopy. Looks like I might end up flying to Sydney to catch the IMS and get a good look at the 'wolf'.