PDA

View Full Version : Air Intake

Allegiance
30-08-2010, 08:19 PM
Is this legal in Australia?

K&N Induction Kit (http://www.ruderacing.co.uk/p5807/K&N_57i_Air_Induction_Kit_For_VW_Polo_VI_(6R)_1.2_(2 009+)_-_57-0530/product_info.html)

Thanks

team_v
30-08-2010, 08:32 PM
The intake itself is legal, however it must be enclosed in the engine bay so you would have to make an enclosure for it.

Alternatively, you can wait a few months and get a full CAI kit from APR etc.

Allegiance
30-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Yes I think I may wait for APR to release one. APR really seems to be dragging its heels when it comes to anything related with the new Polo though...

team_v
30-08-2010, 09:35 PM
Yes I think I may wait for APR to release one. APR really seems to be dragging its heels when it comes to anything related with the new Polo though...

It could be becasue they are busy working on stuff for the R as it is more if a performance oriented vehicle rather than the polo.
It could also be because most of APR's stuff comes from America and the polo isn't released there so we have no R&D on the new engines.

Buller_Scott
01-09-2010, 11:50 AM
hey allegiance,

i would strongly recommend AGAINST this product- the page that you link to looks like it's just a generic product page with keywords/ metadata etc filled out for the VW polo 6R 1.2 TSI. other sites like venommotorsport and europerformance have it to, when it comes to some of their ''universal'' air intakes.

i would say no, simply because even though pipercross/ k&n/ BMC will come out with something for the 1.2 tsi, you'd have to be wary of the specs of the product and particularly the design- given how small the inlet to the manifold is, any K&N pipework is also going to have to be just as small, and i highly doubt any ''universal air intake kits'' will fit.

cheers,

scotty