PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy a Helmet

shaneth
25-04-2007, 09:51 AM
Well i have just joined Club Audi QLD and am looking forward to doing some track days with them. I also dont mind runnung at the drags and for both of these i need a helmet that meets the standard. Up until now i have been borrowing a mates motorcycle helmet but now i think i need to invest in my own. Anyone have an idea where to start looking for one. Nothing to expensive but has to meet all the regulations.

mikinoz
25-04-2007, 09:59 AM
Under $100 for a CAMS Australian Standard helmet.

Check Revolution Race Gear - they have outlets all over the place.

shaneth
25-04-2007, 04:36 PM
cheers mate, pity the site doesnt have prices. I have t go down to mooroka to see them. hmmmm any online shops??

mikinoz
25-04-2007, 05:05 PM
Same helmet as mine off eBay, no more expensive than the shop!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RXT-A611-Challenger-Open-Face-Helmet-Silver-peak_W0QQitemZ170102044433QQihZ007QQcategoryZ32078 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

shaneth
25-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Mik i have added you to MSN and did you get yours from revolution race gear.

quozl
26-04-2007, 12:17 AM
Sherrin Motorsport at Eagle Farm, GP Cars at Herston or Revolution. Though I have never been happy with the service at Revolution. Both Sherrin and GP cars have excellent service.

A word of warning you get what you pay for in helmets and make sure they fit it properly by measuring your head and fitting the appropriate helmet size that matches.

Also make sure you try both full face and open face and wear it around the store for at least 10 to 15 minutes to make sure it is comfortable for your head shape and is the style you want.

My personal preference is either Sparco or Stilo.

Cheers Al

shaneth
26-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Thanks AL,

For now i have bought the one above. Will do for a little while and then get a better one later. Im trying to put most of my money now towards APR/Oettinger

Bluerex
26-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Helmet are sooo subjective. As a rally navigator of loose morals, I wanted something that I could wear for days at a stretch without stress (and a good intercom that would work with any* car that I chose to ride in). I ended up buying a $100 THH then an $1100 Stilo for my next event. A lot of money it is true, but worth every cent.
Now, lets talk race suits shall we j:

C
* With a combination of adapters (some of which I build) that let me work with Peltor, Terraphone and of course Stilo intercoms