PDA

View Full Version : NEW GTI for oz is 5 door coming ?

nomodlowkmgti
21-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Just about the only thing that will stop me getting one is if its not avaliable in 5 door i have a ve calais v8 and will have to sell it before hand so im hanging for vw to confirm what the have coming If it was avaliable today i would think of trading in because i dont think i can wait till i sold my ve but as i have read the gti may get here oct- dec so i will have time to sell my old car.

Whubbsie
21-08-2010, 12:53 PM
from all reports its only coming in 5 door

noone
21-08-2010, 03:07 PM
From memory only 5 door, only DSG.

nomodlowkmgti
21-08-2010, 08:54 PM
From memory only 5 door, only DSG.

Thanks good to know looks like i will have one in the driveway before years end and if so i think i may have to change my forum name as this time around i have some mods in mind .

FJ Steve
22-08-2010, 02:39 AM
Just about the only thing that will stop me getting one is if its not avaliable in 5 door i have a ve calais v8 and will have to sell it before hand so im hanging for vw to confirm what the have coming If it was avaliable today i would think of trading in because i dont think i can wait till i sold my ve but as i have read the gti may get here oct- dec so i will have time to sell my old car.

Thanks good to know looks like i will have one in the driveway before years end and if so i think i may have to change my forum name as this time around i have some mods in mind .Punctuation marks are permitted.

Good luck with the GTI.....

BR @ ON
05-09-2010, 01:33 AM
Practical but not attractive in my opinion. Sorry, too many doors kills my imagination in a non-sport car such as my polo.

Hail22
05-09-2010, 06:47 PM
yeah i hate 5 doors, it;s such an anti-European vehicle statement for so called (sports hatchback category).

RedSky83
16-09-2010, 02:52 PM
Does anyone have any indicative pricing at this stage? With all the add-ons I got on my 77TSI DSG (comfort, audio, sports) I'm wondering whether it's worth paying the extra to wait for the GTI.

prinz23
25-09-2010, 03:20 PM
i went to the dealer in prahan, vic yesterday and asked for more info about the polo GTI. He showed me an email regarding the specs.. and it will come in 3dr, 5 dr and either in manual or DSG. i was like.. are you sure there is a manual.

i asked for pricing for the 5dr man: $31921 and 5 dr dsg: $34421 drive away prices.

hmm, no sunroof until 2012 and they are expected to come out dec...

PhillipAudiDealer
25-09-2010, 03:37 PM
3 door and 5 door DSG ONLY........ Pricing no where near confirmed. Press Launch at Motor Show.. In showrooms by December.. We can place orders now. cheers.

FJ Steve
25-09-2010, 03:56 PM
I was told it would be here mid-November. $34k on road.

Decisions decisions. If the TSI gets held up any more...I'm likely to grab one.

Hail22
26-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Mate all i can say is since getting my TSI she is a dream and i absolutely love it. For Australian urban streets and roads this car is the logical answer and the Polo GTI.

leasaunce
05-10-2010, 08:43 AM
I've been told by one VW dealership the 5dr should start $35k, 3dr $33k. but like everyone said the prices are not yet confirmed.

VEEDUB69
05-10-2010, 07:28 PM
3 door and 5 door DSG ONLY........ Pricing no where near confirmed. Press Launch at Motor Show.. In showrooms by December.. We can place orders now. cheers.

Only people with more money than sense place orders for cars they dont know the price of, havent seen in the flesh or driven, lol.

nomodlowkmgti
08-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Only people with more money than sense place orders for cars they dont know the price of, havent seen in the flesh or driven, lol.

My thinking on this is.1 it often takes soooo long to get your vw after you order it people want to be 1st on list to get there car to lessen the delay.2nd the price you end up paying even if you negotiate is not that far from list price because the car is in demand .supply and demand .I think if your happy in the end thats what matters.

Allegiance
10-10-2010, 05:54 PM
Well, I drove the Polo GTI at Phillip Island last week, and WOW, was I impressed, so much so that I suspect a change in the future ordering habits of potential Volkswagen owners..... I suspect that a large proportion of potential Golf GTI buyers will either opt for a low spec Golf R, or more likely, a high spec Polo GTI. It is that good a car..

Would I buy a Golf GTI or a Polo GTI... Well, if it were my own money, and I could afford the Golf GTI but not the Golf R, I would probably opt for a kittted out Polo GTI..

Guys, its an aswome car........

Thanks for letting us know Dermot, now, a release date and price please? :P

William_Foster
12-10-2010, 08:04 PM
With 2 days, 19 hours and 50 something minutes before the Motor Show opens (Friday at 5:00pm EST); does anyone think we are going to get any solid details on the release of the GTi before the weekend?

P.S. It would be great if some of the Sydney locals could go and get some pictures for posting on the forum [Hint, hint]

Zeke
12-10-2010, 08:41 PM
With 2 days, 19 hours and 50 something minutes before the Motor Show opens (Friday at 5:00pm EST); does anyone think we are going to get any solid details on the release of the GTi before the weekend?

P.S. It would be great if some of the Sydney locals could go and get some pictures for posting on the forum [Hint, hint]

My moneys on it being 5 door 35K , 3 door being 33.8K

Hail22
12-10-2010, 08:57 PM
No but there is a Pagani Zonda R, a Peugot Le mans car and the Ferrari 599 GTO (limited to 50 makes)

pologti18t
12-10-2010, 08:58 PM

LOL you can see what the Polo GTI looks like from pics online already...

My moneys on it being 5 door 35K , 3 door being 33.8K

I assume you meant that to be an on road price? I think its a bit high. Not sure I'd cough up 34K for a base spec 3DR. So very close to a better equipped and performing Golf GTI 3dr. Don't even think they can charge the full markup for the DSG as they dont offer a manual option.

William_Foster
13-10-2010, 07:34 PM
Pologti18t, as soon as I posted my message I thought it would read like that.

What I was hoping is that someone could take pictures of the things that haven't been on the net, and will never make the brochure [The latest batch of VW Polo official pics have been pretty simplistic].

Given that we probably won't see too many GTi's in the showroom [Especially in the showrooms outside Melbourne and Sydney] I was hoping to get some photos of the brakes; set-up for the lights, different shots of the interior [Including ones that show us if the underseat storage is officiallyback; I hope so so that we can simply do a part order in Australia to get them for other 6R Polos]. As well of pictures of any other additions that haven't made the headlines but might look good in the standard model as an addition.

leasaunce
14-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Got a call from VW today, saying the Demo Polo GTI should be arriving next month. downside, waiting time if you do want to get one is March 2011 YIIIKEESSSS!!!!!

Hooti3
15-10-2010, 07:15 AM
Got a call from VW today, saying the Demo Polo GTI should be arriving next month. downside, waiting time if you do want to get one is March 2011 YIIIKEESSSS!!!!!

Ouccchhh!

I really hope its not that long. I need a new car!!!

Should see it at the motor-show this weekend though.

pologti18t
15-10-2010, 09:14 AM

How can it be released in Nov and then have no stock until March next year? Makes no sense what so ever.

Or do you mean.... they release it next month and the stock they have is what they have been sent. If you are a picky person and want every option then you order in Nov and get it next March. It's exactly the same process they did when they released the new Golf MK6 GTI and R.

pologti18t
15-10-2010, 09:35 AM
Audi A1 pricing:

1.4 TFSI Attraction 6-speed manual$29,900
1.4 TFSI Attraction 7-speed S-Tronic (a)$32,250
1.4 TFSI Ambition 6-speed manual$32,650
1.4 TFSI Ambition 7-speed S-Tronic (a)$35,000

This would suggest that a Polo GTI will have to undercut the 30K price point.

Allegiance
15-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Audi A1 pricing:

1.4 TFSI Attraction 6-speed manual$29,900
1.4 TFSI Attraction 7-speed S-Tronic (a)$32,250
1.4 TFSI Ambition 6-speed manual$32,650
1.4 TFSI Ambition 7-speed S-Tronic (a)$35,000

This would suggest that a Polo GTI will have to undercut the 30K price point.

****! I would have got the Audi :(

Zeke
15-10-2010, 11:59 AM
So where did you get the Audi A1 pricing from. Is it official.

pologti18t
15-10-2010, 01:02 PM
More pics from the AIMS - Polo GTI

Volkswagen Polo GTI at 2010 AIMS | Car Advice | Reviews (http://www.caradvice.com.au/87085/volkswagen-polo-gti-at-2010-aims/)

I am now thinking that the 5 door body shape looks more balanced than the 3 door. I think I'll take a white/red 5 door with tinted windows and the comfort pack.

There will most likely be demo cars only. Just a handful floating around. Not likely to be lots of stock.

That's not how you've (VWA) have released any of your other sports models in the last couple of years. You only need one demo anyway as there is only one engine/gearbox combo :P

pologti18t
15-10-2010, 01:07 PM
So where did you get the Audi A1 pricing from. Is it official.

I made it up <rolls eyes>

Transporter
15-10-2010, 01:51 PM
I made it up <rolls eyes>

How this could be helpful, it doesn't even classifies as a joke! :duh:

pologti18t
15-10-2010, 03:11 PM
How this could be helpful, it doesn't even classifies as a joke! :duh:

Wasn't meant to be a joke. Anyone can do a search to find these figures.

Transporter
15-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Didn't you say, you made it up?

pologti18t
15-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Didn't you say, you made it up?

You obviously don't understand the <rolls eyes> at the end of the original statement. I was being facetious.

It was in response to Zeke post about whether the figures were "official".

Transporter
15-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Ok, I Googled it and I can't find the prices you've posted in a reasonable time, so I took your comment as you made up the prices and then admitted that you made it up (meaning of course that I made it up, just to steer you up).

Where actually did you get these prices from? I can't see anything on the official Audi site. :?

Hail22
15-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Audi has made a release statement over 3 weeks ago, the Audi A1 will not be called the S1 as it can't beat the Polo GTI in tests, from 0-100, safety, handling, price etc etc.

They will however be calling it something else (As the S brand is meant to be the sports prestige model lineups)

I think it looks like a car that was hit by a very large fry pan in the rear.

Zeke
15-10-2010, 06:14 PM
You obviously don't understand the <rolls eyes> at the end of the original statement. I was being facetious.

It was in response to Zeke post about whether the figures were "official".

Try not to be a tosser . Those of us who post here hope that the information that is posted is helpful. If you have a source for the pricing name it otherwise naff off as it only dilutes the purpose of this site.

And on the new Polo GTI, VWA had better get there ass into gear and release pricing because it's becoming a pain in the ass. The delivery of the vehicle when you finally put your money down takes friggen 6 months plus and we sit around trying to decide on this future purchase with no pricing or configuration information . VWA get with the times its an information now world , we see pricing on the VWUK web site 5 months before VWA gets its sh*t together .
If you want pre orders and to sell more cars we need pricing and configurations 6 months before your official release date.If you cant deliver pricing and config with enough lead time peole arn't going to wait.
People are looking at leasing payouts and financing and all VWA can do is hold onto pricing for some wank of an official release date. Wake up VWA

pologti18t
15-10-2010, 09:43 PM
Just back from Motorshow.... Red 5 door Polo Gti present. No options fitted as far as I can tell.
Things I noticed
1. Full multifunction steering wheel (controls on left and right spokes)
2. Nice piano black trim
3. Standard A/C similar to current Polo GTi. Control knobs look good actually. Better, to my eyes, than the full climatronic
4. Standard 310 stereo seems adequate and bassy enough. AUX in available
5. Jacky trim is like Mk6 Golf. Darker and better than current Polo GTI trim. Seats in general felt nicer as well.
6. Boot seem shallower. No false floor like the 1.2TSI.
7. Looks good in the red and 5 door.

No price given on car information board next to it.

They also had an Adidas Golf on show.... interior trim = ohhh dear

RedSky83
15-10-2010, 09:59 PM
No price given on car information board next to it.

They also had an Adidas Golf on show.... interior trim = ohhh dear

I just got back too. VW girl said official launch + pricing in November, available March. Audi girl told me $29k for an A1 (manual, no talk of options).

The Adidas GTI was absolutely terrible. The blue R on the other hand...

Oh, and the white Polo they had there looked awesome surprisingly. Haven't seen it in white before.

pologti18t
15-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Oh, and the white Polo they had there looked awesome surprisingly. Haven't seen it in white before.

I think the new Polos look best in the white, red,yellow or the darker grey. The sharper lines seem to suit the bold colours.

I unfortunately spotted the Megane RS. Very stylish and available in a nice range of colours (are you listening vw!?!)
$45K on road for a Golf GTI competitor with 18 inch alloys and LSD as standard is great value. 186Kw as standard.

BR @ ON
15-10-2010, 10:21 PM
I think the new Polos look best in the white, red,yellow or the darker grey. The sharper lines seem to suit the bold colours.

I unfortunately spotted the Megane RS. Very stylish and available in a nice range of colours (are you listening vw!?!)
$45K on road for a Golf GTI competitor with 18 inch alloys and LSD as standard is great value.

Fans will still go for the Golf GTI...

GTI is a better car package anyway

pologti18t
15-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Fans will still go for the Golf GTI...

GTI is a better car package anyway

Well, judging by how many people were pouring over the Megane I think the enthusiast will jump at the Megane RS. It is hard core compared to the Golf GTi. It had a front suspension similar to the 60K Ford RS as well as a proper LSD. We only get the even firmer Cup suspension.

It's essentially a Scirocco R competitor turned up a notch.

BR @ ON
15-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Well, judging by how many people were pouring over the Megane I think the enthusiast will jump at the Megane RS. It is hard core compared to the Golf GTi. It had a front suspension similar to the 60K Ford RS as well as a proper LSD. We only get the even firmer Cup suspension.

It's essentially a Scirocco R competitor turned up a notch.

Personally, I would not look at French cars. Too many bad experiences within the family.

I know of the good reviews about the suspension. I am sure its a pretty good car.

Just look and feels totally different to the VW, they look worlds apart in my opinion. The looks and the comfort are basically the 2 main things people look for in a car.

Not everyone needs to do high speed cornering, but the GTI can be practical at the same time.

pologti18t
16-10-2010, 05:54 AM
Just look and feels totally different to the VW, they look worlds apart in my opinion. The looks and the comfort are basically the 2 main things people look for in a car.
Not everyone needs to do high speed cornering, but the GTI can be practical at the same time.

If that was really the case then the manufacturers wouldn't build these cars ;)
Believe it or not, there are people in the hot hatch market who see the Golf GTI as deathly dull.

One of the best cars I ever owner was French. It was a Peugeot 306 GTi-6. It had its foibles but my god it was a fantastic car to drive. JUst driving it to the local shops put a smile on your face :)

William_Foster
16-10-2010, 07:50 AM
pologti18t; thanks for providing this info, greatly appreciated.

I can't understand why Volkswagen would release a standard GTi at the show and not show off the new lights, comfort pack, stereo given that people would be interested in these. Like everyone else, I am annoyed at Volkswagen loading a 'Show your Interest' brochure on the website in line with the motor show; when we were expecting pricing and potentially cars post the show.

As for the car at the show with the shallow boot; there wasn't any extra bracing items in the car was there? Not that you would need it 132kw, but just a thought.

BR @ ON
16-10-2010, 08:01 AM
Are you referring to the Sydney International Motor Show happening now, William?

I am going today to check out the cars. But probably not going to spend too much time on the "people's car"

This is more a chance to check out the exotic stuff, like the brands I cannot afford in near future...

pologti18t
16-10-2010, 08:45 AM
pologti18t; thanks for providing this info, greatly appreciated.

I can't understand why Volkswagen would release a standard GTi at the show and not show off the new lights, comfort pack, stereo given that people would be interested in these. Like everyone else, I am annoyed at Volkswagen loading a 'Show your Interest' brochure on the website in line with the motor show; when we were expecting pricing and potentially cars post the show.

As for the car at the show with the shallow boot; there wasn't any extra bracing items in the car was there? Not that you would need it 132kw, but just a thought.

I think its wise for VW to show the stock car. Nothing worse than a car catching your eye at the show only to find its loads with 10K of options :)

The shallow boot I think is caused by VW reserving enough space so that you can put your flat 17inch rim/tyre under the floor. It is currently fitted with a space saver and a massive foam container for tools/jack. I assume you could remove that an fit the false floor like the 1,2 TSI etc.

As for the wait for cars... could i be cynical in thinking that maybe VWA is waiting for South Africa to start building 5door GTIs so they can ship them here rather than sourcing from Germany.

Zeke
16-10-2010, 09:28 AM
So now we have to wait till November for VWA to release pricing and Configs on the POLO GTI . By the time anyone gets their bum in one of these one of the accessories we'll need will be a wheel chair or walker.
I'm Sick and tired of car companies releasing in europe then allowing Australian motor jouno's to drive them then telling us that they're slated for downunder but can't give us pricing and then when they finally show it at the Sydney motor show 6 months after release in europe still can't give us pricing. I'm now gonna wait for the pricing and configs on the A1 and if it comes within 3-4K of the Polo i'm going Audi. Sorry VWA to late with to little info, the A1's gonna steal a lot of sales off your lame asses .

FJ Steve
16-10-2010, 09:50 AM
So now we have to wait till November for VWA to release pricing and Configs on the POLO GTI . By the time anyone gets their bum in one of these one of the accessories we'll need will be a wheel chair or walker.
I'm Sick and tired of car companies releasing in europe then allowing Australian motor jouno's to drive them then telling us that they're slated for downunder but can't give us pricing and then when they finally show it at the Sydney motor show 6 months after release in europe still can't give us pricing. I'm now gonna wait for the pricing and configs on the A1 and if it comes within 3-4K of the Polo i'm going Audi. Sorry VWA to late with to little info, the A1's gonna steal a lot of sales off your lame asses .As Polo GTI pricing hasn't been released yet, how would you know if your prospective A1 is 3-4K within the Polo price?:duh:

Allegiance
16-10-2010, 06:01 PM
I haven't read a couple of pages so forgive me if this is a repost, but here are the A1 details:

Audi A1 1.4 TFSI Attraction 6-speed manual - $29,900
Audi A1 1.4 TFSI Attraction 7-speed S tronic - $ 32,250

Audi A1 1.4 TFSI Ambition 6-speed manual - $32,650
Audi A1 1.4 TFSI Ambition 7-speed S tronic - $35,000

AIMS 2010 Update - 2011 Audi A1 Australian Pricing And Specifications | Reviews | Prices | Australian specifications (http://www.themotorreport.com.au/49710/2011-audi-a1-revealed-ahead-of-geneva-motor-show)

FJ Steve
16-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Weighing in at just 1184kg, the Polo GTI rockets to 100km/h in 6.9 seconds, going on to a top speed of 228km/h.

Mated to Audi's seven-speed S tronic transmission, the 1.4 TSI reaches 100km/h in a sharper 8.9 seconds, with a top speed of 200km/h.
A six-speed manual transmission is also available with the 1.4 TSI, getting the A1 from zero to 100km/h in 9.2 seconds.

hey Zeke...I see your A1 and raise you a Polo GTI.

Zeke
16-10-2010, 06:56 PM
hey Zeke...I see your A1 and raise you a Polo GTI.

Some of us get so wrapped up in 0-100 times. Most of the time I'm going 0-60 or 80-100 . The time differences in gear are more relevent and going 80-100 there's probably about .25 of a second in it . I'd like to see 0-60 , 80-100 times quoted as this is more real world and once again going 0-60 there's probably only 0.5 of a second in it . Still when the 132kw A1 gets here there'll be nothing in it bar the pricing uplift for the Audi, but some of that should come back to you on the resale.
All I can say is that the POLO GTI better be under 32K .

Transporter
16-10-2010, 07:31 PM
I haven't read a couple of pages so forgive me if this is a repost, but here are the A1 details:

Audi A1 1.4 TFSI Attraction 6-speed manual - $29,900
Audi A1 1.4 TFSI Attraction 7-speed S tronic - $ 32,250

Audi A1 1.4 TFSI Ambition 6-speed manual - $32,650
Audi A1 1.4 TFSI Ambition 7-speed S tronic - $35,000

AIMS 2010 Update - 2011 Audi A1 Australian Pricing And Specifications | Reviews | Prices | Australian specifications (http://www.themotorreport.com.au/49710/2011-audi-a1-revealed-ahead-of-geneva-motor-show)

I don't think that the prices were released, yet. :?

BR @ ON
16-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Just saw one at the Sydney motor show today.

Not as exciting as the Golf GTI Adidas

phaeton
17-10-2010, 07:30 AM
Polo GTI at AIMS 2010
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/10/5085608545_16f7073769_b-2.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/10/5085609835_79652907a6_b-2.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/10/5085611047_a35882f9d7_b-2.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/10/5086212696_f25dacf1a6_b-2.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/10/5086205458_965bbf4606_b-2.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/10/5085606053_1bf841a70c_b-2.jpg

BR @ ON
17-10-2010, 07:46 AM
Yes, I noticed it too on Saturday, but didn't take any pictures

So, apart from the badge, and the Grille. It is so hard to be differentiated from a standard Polo...

And the headlights is different from the huge posters that was hanging off the wall?

phaeton
17-10-2010, 07:57 AM
Yes, I noticed it too on Saturday, but didn't take any pictures

So, apart from the badge, and the Grille. It is so hard to be differentiated from a standard Polo...

And the headlights is different from the huge posters that was hanging off the wall?

Bi-Xenon with LED is an optional extra ;)

BR @ ON
17-10-2010, 08:05 AM
Bi-Xenon with LED is an optional extra ;)
Oh, Thank.

An option must be ticked!!!

Allegiance
17-10-2010, 09:50 AM
It has a temp gauge! It also has the full MFD.

William_Foster
17-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the pictures and the information.

Interesting that the temp gauge made it to the GTI; its no show on other Polos was discussed at some length on one of the other threads.

Giallorosso
17-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Guy there tonight said seats are available in tartan (standard), mesh cloth and leather options.

It is a nice upgrade over the 9N, the interior feels a bit more classy, much more like a Golf. Fit and finish in the 9N is pretty good, but this is better.

Not sure I like the look of the back though...

limmy
17-10-2010, 11:11 PM
Guy there tonight said seats are available in tartan (standard), mesh cloth and leather options.

most vw sales guys i have come across know less about the product than we do. i visited a dealer about two mths ago...and he (a senior guy) didn't even know that the 6R polo gti was coming soon. he had to google it in front of me! :duh:

it won't have a full leather option - its a half alcantara/leatherette option (same option as normal 6R comfortlines). that said - its still hot combination.

biggest issue i can see is by the time you add xenons and alcantara seats - you're probably going to get yourself a stock golf gti.

pologti18t
18-10-2010, 10:11 AM
it won't have a full leather option - its a half alcantara/leatherette option (same option as normal 6R comfortlines). that said - its still hot combination.

biggest issue i can see is by the time you add xenons and alcantara seats - you're probably going to get yourself a stock golf gti.

Why anyone would pay extra (and it could be a significant amount) for fake suede and fake leather is beyond me :) Also, the seats AREN'T as hugging as the standard GTI seats. You go from the top spec sport GTI specific seats to the "sports" seats available in the 1.2TSI range etc.

You can see as much in the VW Aus brochuer for the new Polo GTI

http://www.volkswagenaustralia.com.au/pologti/Images/PoloGTISpec.pdf

Current VW flyer on GTI

http://www.volkswagenaustralia.com.au/PoloGTI/Images/PoloGTIFlyer.pdf

leasaunce
18-10-2010, 03:16 PM
WHAAAAAAAAAAAT!!! where's the pano sunroof? arghhh im assuming they're having problems with the panoramic sunroof thats why they're not putting it on the optional list? im dissapointed :( sigh....

Hail22
18-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Gotta love the vinyl seats hahaha, also if you didn't notice...no auto headlights...what the? haha

sharkablue
18-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Gotta love the vinyl seats hahaha, also if you didn't notice...no auto headlights...what the? haha

That will be apart of the comfort package, along with climate control.

pologti18t
18-10-2010, 09:49 PM
That will be apart of the comfort package, along with climate control.

Comfort package:
Rain sensing wipers
Automatically dimming rear-view mirror
Automatic climate control air conditioning

Hail22
18-10-2010, 09:56 PM
hahaha...DAMN that is a rip! no auto lights.. ty Polo

pologti18t
19-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Local dealer has indicated, via email that, Polo GTIs should arrive in limited numbers from sometime in November.

cm10
19-10-2010, 04:18 PM
RE: cost - we're no nearer official figures, but out today from attendees of the car show (full article at AUSmotive.com (http://www.ausmotive.com/))

"When AUSmotive asked one Volkswagen employee for a scoop on the pricing all we were told was “you will not be disappointed.”...After running that comment through the AUSmotive price predictor we guesstimate the 3 door will hit the market at around $28,950 while the 5 door will be $30,450. That pricing might be a little ambitious, perhaps, but we should know for certain by early November."

One key factor holding up price release is apparently the strong Australian dollar.

Allegiance
19-10-2010, 05:48 PM
I spoke to VW Moorabbin today, they said release date is 1st November with vehicles available on the day. No word on pricing.

kaktusdigital
19-10-2010, 07:20 PM
considering the new polo gti + a few extras comes close to the 118TSI in regards to price, would you pick the polo over the golf? disregarding the size difference, is the polo just as smooth a ride?

Giallorosso
19-10-2010, 07:28 PM
most vw sales guys i have come across know less about the product than we do. i visited a dealer about two mths ago...and he (a senior guy) didn't even know that the 6R polo gti was coming soon. he had to google it in front of me! :duh:

Looks like you're right.

Those "leatherette" seats look hideous IMO - what happened to the full, regular leather interior, like the current GTI? Wonder if the leatherette will be $3K like the current Polo option...

payno
19-10-2010, 11:25 PM
I went to my local dealership on Saturday and the person I spoke with believed they were getting a demonstrator in this week sometime.

She said she would call me as soon as it came in to go for a test drive and expected pricing was $28k to $30k.

I'll keep you updated.

William_Foster
20-10-2010, 06:03 PM
$3k for the leatherette? Is that serious? The factory option on my order cost $990 (That was the Dealerships standard options list price)