PDA

View Full Version : No idea

maybe
21-04-2007, 09:11 AM
Hi lads
Can't take it anymore, too many good cars to chose from eg honda euro limited ed subaru liberty 2.5 jetta 2.0 tdi. Decided this morning to check one more thing before going down to see the vw dealer to sign on the dotted line.
So i've rang the dealership to find out the service intervals and cost on a jetta.Would you believe it, the salesmen didn't know and they suggested i ring back on monday to talk to the service guys.Talk about a lost sale.Does anyone know what these costs and intervals are ? It will really help me to eventually make a decision.
Regards Maybe

brackie
21-04-2007, 09:30 AM
It beats me why they aren't trained properly when a new model comes out.

Service intervals for the diesel are:
7,500km oil change and check over
15,0000km same but with a more detailed check and water drained from fuel filter, check brake pad thickness.

After that every 15.000km.

They have an "Inspection Service" that basically visually checks everything and includes an oil and filter change and a fuel filter change. @ 90,000km belts are checked and @ 120,000km the cambelt is replaced.

I've only had he 7,500km service done, it cost $138 and I haven't priced the others yet.

The best person to help here would be "Fluid" who's a VW service manager and I reckon he'll pick this thread up when he next visits.

phaeton
21-04-2007, 10:03 AM
WOW I didn't realise VW Salesman are that bad lol :D

Hire Me VW :D ;)

VWGTi
21-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Hi lads
Can't take it anymore, too many good cars to chose from eg honda euro limited ed subaru liberty 2.5 jetta 2.0 tdi. Decided this morning to check one more thing before going down to see the vw dealer to sign on the dotted line.
So i've rang the dealership to find out the service intervals and cost on a jetta.Would you believe it, the salesmen didn't know and they suggested i ring back on monday to talk to the service guys.Talk about a lost sale.Does anyone know what these costs and intervals are ? It will really help me to eventually make a decision.
Regards Maybe

Hi Maybe,

Welcome to the forum!

I'd say go the TDI if you're looking at keeping your car for a while - the savings from the mileage would justify that. As for the servicing costs, mate of mine has had his golf tdi for a couple of years now, and has only had 15k services done and costs ~under $350.

cheers,

Thomas

maybe
21-04-2007, 10:15 AM
Thanks Brackie for your information
These discussion forums are probably being visited more and more by people who have probably still not yet decided on what car they want to buy,let's face it ,it is a big investment. You guys give us an honest view which we can't get from most salespeople, I'm sure this space could be used better by enthusiast vw owners, but i appreciate your welcome and advice.
Just an example of " sell sell sell " at any cost, I walked into a honda dealership asking about what fuel a limited edition euro drinks (it's 95 ron)and he tells me to save money "use 90 it wont make a difference. I wonder what the warranty people would say if you had a problem.
Regards maybe.

acdcfan
21-04-2007, 11:58 AM
Hi lads
Regards Maybe

when i got possession of mine I was told that service intervals are every 15000km and cost that i managed to source out for you is as follows( from WA dealer)

15000 $303
30000 $429
45000 $303
60000 ( major service) $598
75000 $303
90000 $429
apply first 4 service amounts and repeat for every 15000 there after.

Hope this helps

rastko