PDA

View Full Version : GTI codes

kinezo
20-04-2007, 11:56 PM
hey i just bought my GTI and the dealer showed me something interesting, he showed told me to hold econo button and press the top right button of the flow direction button. and the climate control screens showed up some numebrs
the left is 1-30
the right showed what it is.
he told me that these were temp, speedo, boost, and other misc type readings.
i was wodnering if anyones got a list of what each number means?

p.s how do i also change so when i press the unlock button on my key once, to open all doors, instead of pressing twice??

and!!

u fellow GTi owneres, u guys feel abit of delay in dropping down gears??? and u thump it!

blur32
21-04-2007, 08:18 AM
hey i just bought my GTI and the dealer showed me something interesting, he showed told me to hold econo button and press the top right button of the flow direction button. and the climate control screens showed up some numebrs
the left is 1-30
the right showed what it is.
he told me that these were temp, speedo, boost, and other misc type readings.
i was wodnering if anyones got a list of what each number means?

p.s how do i also change so when i press the unlock button on my key once, to open all doors, instead of pressing twice??

and!!

u fellow GTi owneres, u guys feel abit of delay in dropping down gears??? and u thump it!

I've seen lists of codes available on eBay but haven't found out what they are for...all the sellers are in German or something.

Did you get Nav on the GTi? If not, you would've just got the standard split screen display between the tacho and speedo. If that's the case, the dealer must re-program it for you! This was something they didn't tell me when i bought my R32. Test a nav equipped car and just assumed you got the hi-line display and the additional functionality of it...it's pretty basic for non nav cars

Subie25L
21-04-2007, 08:43 AM
There are some in this link
http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=3420

h100vw
21-04-2007, 09:36 AM
You need something like VAG-COM to alter the way the doors unlock. Check out www.ross-tech.com for the info on how to do it once you have the diagnostic cable.

Gavin

srbsta
21-04-2007, 05:02 PM
There are some in this link
http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=3420

my thread is back to life hahahah tanx :D i will put some more up laters

kinezo
21-04-2007, 07:01 PM
hey, what do u mean get the dealer to reprogram? reprogram what??? agian
im kinda lost! my dealer said "srbsta" there is an boost gauge on one of those things, jsut dunno which one lol
anyways umm aswell thansk guys for the response!

Subie25L
22-04-2007, 12:09 AM
hey, what do u mean get the dealer to reprogram? reprogram what??? agian

The dealer can change how the doors unlock. ie One press for all doors.
Can also change the auto lock at 15kph not to happen.
I think they can also change how many times the indicator flashes when changing lanes + some other stuff.

pinzvidz
22-04-2007, 12:14 AM
hey, what do u mean get the dealer to reprogram? reprogram what??? agian im kinda lost!

No rocket science here... the dealer has a diagnosis tool which plugs into the vehicle, and besides doing diagnosis testing, they can also customise certain features for you. One setting is relating to your request from earlier - unlock all doors at once, or unlock driver's door first then all. Same goes with coming/leaving home headlights, auto lock, auto unlock, etc. etc. This can also be done with VAG-COM, in which you can order a cable from RossTech and set up the program on your lappie and do yourself.

blur32
22-04-2007, 09:41 AM
No rocket science here... the dealer has a diagnosis tool which plugs into the vehicle, and besides doing diagnosis testing, they can also customise certain features for you. One setting is relating to your request from earlier - unlock all doors at once, or unlock driver's door first then all. Same goes with coming/leaving home headlights, auto lock, auto unlock, etc. etc. This can also be done with VAG-COM, in which you can order a cable from RossTech and set up the program on your lappie and do yourself.

pinzvidz: what is the rough cost of a VAG-COM?

drb999
22-04-2007, 12:49 PM
pinzvidz: what is the rough cost of a VAG-COM?

Its about $300-350. Have a search for Ross Tech on google.

kinezo
22-04-2007, 12:55 PM
isnt that USD though??

h100vw
22-04-2007, 12:57 PM
I reckon it is.

blur32
22-04-2007, 01:49 PM
I reckon it is.

Might be a good excuse to go to Adelaide for a road trip!!!

kinezo
22-04-2007, 07:17 PM
lol yeh sounds good! drive through the grampians:)

blur32
23-04-2007, 10:32 AM
lol yeh sounds good! drive through the grampians:)

Grampians one way & Great Ocean road the other.....sounds like a trip

Lima
23-04-2007, 11:22 AM
Indeed. :cool:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=903506&postid=37589262#37589262

Incidentally, I had my dealer cancel the dual stage unlocking and it's fantastic. By rights this sort of customiseable stuff should happen pre-delivery, but never does.

Also, if your car has SatNav, and therefore the highline multi-function display, your menu button on the steering wheel would then work and give you access to the Convenience Settings. Then you could change the locking setup yourself.

Confused? j:

kinezo
23-04-2007, 07:45 PM
i dont have the sat nav, ive got only the standard 6 stacker!, the bixenon, leather, DSG and the sunroof already pushed my budget! lol but i would love to get the satnav later on via volkspower who can install it:)
but APR tuning and carbonio first!

Babee J
08-05-2007, 02:01 AM
this is a great little thread... props fellas!