PDA

View Full Version : Save on BP fuels!

vainbt
15-08-2010, 08:09 AM
Hey guys, not sure if this has been posted. I was just browsing BP website and found this:

BP Australia - Products and services - On the road - Fuels - Autogas - Rewards program (http://www.bp.com/sectiongenericarticle.do?categoryId=9012393&contentId=7016961)

Save 2 cents every litre.

GO BP Ultimate!!~~~~~~~

Banzai
15-08-2010, 08:43 AM
That is only for LPG. How many people are running their VWs on that?

vainbt
20-08-2010, 09:07 AM
Ou...bummer.....

MACCAA
23-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Just get a BP-CiTi Mastercard and get 5% off ALL BP fuel purchases.
Works out to nearly 7cents per litre on 98 Ultimate.

Bizi
24-08-2010, 02:55 PM
I was interested to know if anyone uses this card. It's probably a better saving than earning 1pt per $ spent.
An alternative is the DJs Amex, with a higher earn rate, but that's only useful for a DJs gift card.

The_Hawk
24-08-2010, 04:19 PM
I looked at the BP-Citi credit card and if you read the fine print it's 5% on the first $600 each month spent on fuel at BP and 0.5% on the first $5,000 spent elsewhere. (so if you max it out it's $30 a month on fuel and $25 a month on purchases).

Add in the annual fees of $79 for the first card and $30 for an additional card it's less attractive as a dedicated option.

Lets say you fill up your car once a week for about $75 and lets say you have two cars... that will see you max out the fuel allowance and get back the MAXIMUM of $360 per year less the $109 it costs you to have the card (plus one for the missus driving the other car) which makes you infront by $251 per year.

Now lets say you get rid of your other credit cards and use this for everything and pay it off in full each month, you would have to put maximum of $60,000 through the card just to get the $300 they offer there.

So in short, the potential savings are pretty low if you pay it off in full every month... keeping a balance on the card at it's 20.89% interest rate will very quickly erode those savings. Mind you most of the credit cards with rewards programs have similar fees and a return of about 0.5% give or take so the 5% on fuel isn't too bad assuming you pay it all off.

MACCAA
24-08-2010, 10:03 PM
I was interested to know if anyone uses this card. It's probably a better saving than earning 1pt per $ spent.
An alternative is the DJs Amex, with a higher earn rate, but that's only useful for a DJs gift card.
I use the card,pay it off straight away,and get an average of $25-30 per month back.
Annual cost of the card is reasonable,and it's better than paying a similar annual fee for any other card and getting nothing back........
Works for me.