PDA

View Full Version : rear driver door stuck any help

antinora
19-04-2007, 11:18 AM
hey guys ..

i was replacing my rear-driverside door handle and was going smoothly. i closed and opened the door and it worked..

i was putting the door card back on and the door closed accidnetly and then i went to open and nothing... the door wont open from inside or out... i managed to get the door card off but dont know how to fix.. any help is appreciated guys

86gti
19-04-2007, 01:53 PM
Never had this problem with vws, but have been in the same spot as you with mk GTiR.
What i had to do was take the weather strip off the outside along the window and tinker in there.
but seeing ass you have the door card off you should be ablet to access all the linkages. Find the main one that accuates on the door striker and see if it moves when u pull the handles. if it doesnt , then possibly the lock lingage is stuck and its locked the door...
so basicly pull on a few linkages ;) .
At least your door card is off tho! will make it easier to trace the problem.

antinora
19-04-2007, 04:08 PM
vws are crazy things... i gave up and went to get some petrol and tried the back door and it worked...

i checked and rechecked the door and everything worked ......so i lubed up all the locks and put everything back together .

thanks mate

Tameth_au
21-04-2007, 05:39 PM
I've never heard someone had so much bad luck with a mk2 as you have.. i think its time to consider selling that sucker and looking for another

antinora
22-04-2007, 12:10 AM
hahah the thought has come across my mind many times....

maybe i just make a big thing out of nothing....

i love the golf !!