PDA

View Full Version : Golf 5 colours,wheels

thefullback
18-04-2007, 07:46 PM
hi all this is my first post :)
After months of research i have decided on my next car, Golf sportline TDI.
Most of the golfs i see are silver, grey or white, i might go for new river blue,
does any one have this colour? any drawbacks?.
also thinking of getting Exis STP 17 inch rims tyre size 225*45r17
dealers tell me these are the only factory 17s available for golfs is this true?
anyone have any experience with this type of rim/tyre setup re ride and handling
thanks in advance :D

brackie
19-04-2007, 06:51 AM
That's an impressive stable you have there :) Good to see a Pug included.

The colour choice for the diesel when I bought mine in June 2006 was fairly limited. I was disappointed when I bought my Comfortline TDI, I got "Sunset Red" but I really wanted something close to "Mars Red". You can also get "Black Magic Pearl Effect", Candy White", "New River Blue Metallic", "Reflex Silver Metallic" and "United Grey Metallic". Tough if you're like me and didn't want maetallic paint :mad: .

I don't know if things have changed with the '07 model so it would be best to go to the VW website and have a look.

gtimk5
19-04-2007, 07:38 AM
Welcome to the forum fullback. I hope you enjoy it here. We are a friendly lot.
Yes, I agree with Brackie, the colours are dissapointing on the 'non GTI' Mk5s
I might have bought an earlier Mk5 to replace my red Mk4 'cept for the coloours.
I like the blue the best, and havent heard of any problems.
17s would ride fine on the deisel. The GTi rims dont look too bad on them either.....
Cheers and welcome again, Andrew :)

DubSteve
19-04-2007, 09:15 AM
Welcome dude, great amount of cars you have there I like. Heaps of Mk5s on the forum glad you joined.

srbsta
19-04-2007, 04:14 PM
hey welcome to the forum.....love the list of cars and yeh that new river blue colour is cool...unique :D

acdcfan
19-04-2007, 08:49 PM
That's an impressive stable you have there :)

I don't know if things have changed with the '07 model so it would be best to go to the VW website and have a look.

yes they have brackie
when I bought mine there were colours of blue, sunset red , silver, gun metal grey and white of course all in metallic excluding white( not sure about propernames for above colours) .:?

edit

welcome fullback. hope you're going to like it here. we are one bunch of VW, VW nothing but VW enthusiast
let us know how much for 17" rims

F6speedster
19-04-2007, 08:59 PM
I have got 18's on my 2006 TDI and have not problems