PDA

View Full Version : Audi 80 Avant 1994 only one ?

qsilverza
12-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Hey,

i am now the owner of an Audi 80 Avant V6 ! Only one in the coutry as far as I know, up in Syd at the moment so can't wait to get back to Melbourne to sort her out !

She is going to be the missus daily as a replacement for the Mitsubishi Star-wagon which we love but isn't ideal for long drives on the high-way and doesn't have ABS or airbags !

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/08/8avant-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/08/1avant-1.jpg

Ciao for now !!!

BrettD
12-08-2010, 08:00 PM
I have a neighbour who owns 2 sedans..mint condition

qsilverza
13-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Great cars to drive, they are lots of fun especially the quattro's ! I would love to get my hands on a 20v 5 cylinder turbo though !

PeDiES
13-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Great cars to drive, they are lots of fun especially the quattro's ! I would love to get my hands on a 20v 5 cylinder turbo though !

i have a 20v turbo :P i was thinking of buying that as a daily myself but im going to germany in a few weeks so the funds are tight :( ah well at least it went to someone who knows how special it is

qsilverza
13-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Hmm well I was wondering if the body has place for quattro ? If so, I feel like we could have project brewing :) An RS2 in disguise !!!

let me know if you see any 20v's or quattro drivetrains ;)

Golf Loon
14-08-2010, 01:28 PM
Good onya for grabbing that one. I would have bourght it, but I have no use for it.
Looks like a good car though.

PeDiES
14-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Hmm well I was wondering if the body has place for quattro ? If so, I feel like we could have project brewing :) An RS2 in disguise !!!

let me know if you see any 20v's or quattro drivetrains ;)

the wagon rear ends are a little different but a quattro conversion is possible with a lot of work. Converting a v6 to 5cyl is fairly hard too, it requires the motor mount sections to be changed (patch weld a peice in from audi)

qsilverza
14-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Yeh if it was a simple bolt job than maybe but doesn't sound like it....

Jmac
14-08-2010, 09:32 PM
Absolutely love avants, always have, never foget tuning an S2 avant, oh yeah it was good, wastegate spring and chips, was one mighty sik piece of gear.
Avants have a place of their own, be it Audi or VW they are the goods.
Cheers
Jmac

Golf Loon
25-08-2010, 01:52 AM

Amen Brother.

qsilverza
25-08-2010, 08:10 AM
Absolutely love avants, always have, never foget tuning an S2 avant, oh yeah it was good, wastegate spring and chips, was one mighty sik piece of gear.
Cheers
Jmac

:) been for a ride in rs2 pretty incredible considering it's age and it still being stock !!!

qsz
01-09-2010, 07:25 AM
I've got a B4 avant but it's not in Australia yet. Should be here in about 3 months time. I think they are a very well proportioned looking car unlike most bm and merc wagons.

qsilverza
05-09-2010, 11:00 PM
Intriguing, what is the avant in question ? S2 ? RS2 ?

Jmac
06-09-2010, 08:35 AM
:) been for a ride in rs2 pretty incredible considering it's age and it still being stock !!!

I used to pre deliver these bad boys, also had to fit Thatcham cat 1 alarms before the insurance would allow the things on the road, actaull the same applied for golf 3 Vr6 and gti.
Porsche calipers and a nice big Porsche inlet manifold, and the tailpipes that kept the contour of the rear bar cover was quite a machine.
Cheers
Jmac

qsilverza
06-09-2010, 10:58 AM
Hah nice J would have been good to qc ! I'm contemplating changing the front bar to s2 but in good time ! Wheels are hard to find in 108 !

qsilverza
07-10-2010, 06:43 AM
Managed to get a hold of some bbs rims for her !!! 16 7.5 s !!! 4x108 rare ! Waiting on shipping down from syd looking for red 56mm center caps but so exxy ! I believe these may have been oem or maybe n option can anyone comment or give more information on that ?

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/10/3aa3af85df779cf9-1.jpg

qsilverza
09-10-2010, 10:33 PM
http://184.72.239.143/mu/3aa3af84-612e-29e4.jpg

http://184.72.239.143/mu/3aa3af83-61a7-6291.jpg

Mounted needs to be dropped !

qsilverza
11-10-2010, 05:03 PM
Can anyone give me some good/cheap options for lowering ? Any advice ? Also looking for leather interior if anyone knows of one being wrecked. Got to paint the roof, thinking maybe black and painting the BBS a gunmetal grey...

DNA Tuning
20-10-2010, 08:03 PM
This car is about as rare as an Audi can possibly get!

Water Boy
20-10-2010, 08:53 PM
There is a few blokes running Audi 80's in Improved production who have good suspension set up.

Im pretty sure the guys come out of Audivolks so maybe you could have a chat to them about lowering and where they picked up their coilovers etc.

FLAUNTT
23-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Dillon already knows of the suspension we are all running. Maybe the avant runs a different set up? Maybe it may be a price issue. The KW V3"S arent the cheapest set up. His Avant was @ Audvolks a few weeks back and his track car definately has been there so he knows where the cars are at in regards to the suspension.

Water Boy
26-10-2010, 01:01 PM
Dillon already knows of the suspension we are all running. Maybe the avant runs a different set up? Maybe it may be a price issue. The KW V3"S arent the cheapest set up. His Avant was @ Audvolks a few weeks back and his track car definately has been there so he knows where the cars are at in regards to the suspension.

Ahhh all good.

Yeah iv seen the a few Audi's as my olman runs a Mk1 in Improved Production.

FLAUNTT
26-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Yeah I cant wait to get out there, my car is being pieced together as we speak, hopefully on the track for the first round next year!! Water boy is your dads car white?? I did see a early model golf at Phillip Island last race there, but not sure if it was a MK1 or MK2??

richo
27-10-2010, 03:11 PM
good to see my old wheels come to use :)
i lowered the 90q20v that i had them on before with ~25mm lowered eibach springs and bilstein sport shocks....lots of $ but looked good. you probably want to go lower though
cheers,
rich

GoLfMan
27-10-2010, 03:27 PM
hit up lorenz or Robin mate!
They should have a lowering solution for you :)

qsilverza
28-10-2010, 10:39 PM
yeh the V3's are way to expensive for the Avant, even for my track car, i'll be finding a more economical solution !

Not long to go Flauntt until Philip island should be great !

Yup, they look fantastic, I really need to lower her, thanks again for the wheels Richo ! ! Will do Golf man,what are the aliases on the forum, I can not remember ! A friend of mine was talking about compressing the springs so I may look into that, depending on how much it lowers her ! Front s2 bumper and some other changes would be great, I also put my traditional CAI on her, not quite sounding as good as the race car but good all the same !

The intake manifold and the valley is clear at the moment, had to find a leak turned out to be the ps pump so thats off for a reco ! I still wish to do exhaust, lowering, heater core(not looking forward to this one) but before I focus on her to much, have to get the race car prepped !

While the valley was off, I checked the timing belt and noticed the timing belt was slack ? is this due to Variable timing or is this something serious that I was lucky not to have go ?

Also, Flauntt, I Bought something to tow the race car ;)

Dylan !

Water Boy
29-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Yeah I cant wait to get out there, my car is being pieced together as we speak, hopefully on the track for the first round next year!! Water boy is your dads car white?? I did see a early model golf at Phillip Island last race there, but not sure if it was a MK1 or MK2??

Yeah its a white Mk1.

PeDiES
29-10-2010, 05:20 PM
yeh the V3's are way to expensive for the Avant, even for my track car, i'll be finding a more economical solution !

Not long to go Flauntt until Philip island should be great !

Yup, they look fantastic, I really need to lower her, thanks again for the wheels Richo ! ! Will do Golf man,what are the aliases on the forum, I can not remember ! A friend of mine was talking about compressing the springs so I may look into that, depending on how much it lowers her ! Front s2 bumper and some other changes would be great, I also put my traditional CAI on her, not quite sounding as good as the race car but good all the same !

The intake manifold and the valley is clear at the moment, had to find a leak turned out to be the ps pump so thats off for a reco ! I still wish to do exhaust, lowering, heater core(not looking forward to this one) but before I focus on her to much, have to get the race car prepped !

While the valley was off, I checked the timing belt and noticed the timing belt was slack ? is this due to Variable timing or is this something serious that I was lucky not to have go ?

Also, Flauntt, I Bought something to tow the race car ;)

Dylan !

ive got a coupe v6 front bumper if you want it, its exactly like a s2 bumper but it doesnt have a lip at the bottom

qsilverza
16-07-2011, 11:49 PM
So somebody reversed into the bumper, James had a spare so thats been put on albeit without the washers, need to get those off the old bumper and fit them, since my lights have levelling and spray washers, I am not far off from legally being able to fit HID's in, but probably need different reflectors.

Took the BBS's off for the time being as the tyres got really low Had a spare set of stockies with full rwc tyres so decided to use those for the time being, considering painting the bbs's a grey or maybe black of some sort.

Not much else, if my 80 Quattro sedan doesn't sell, I was thinking about putting the running gear into the Avant. It's not an incredibly hard project as has been documented by another 80 Quattro to FWD 80 Avant swap among making it an awesome rally/track car ! But would prefer it sells at this point.

VWVortex.com - Audi 80 Avant - Project "Gianna" (http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4952030-Audi-80-Avant-Project-quot-Gianna-quot)

and than maybe doing something like this...

SCAudi.com (http://scaudi.com/sc/index.php​?showtopic=3632&mode=threaded&​pid=22478)

I put an amplifier in as there was some decent speakers installed but they needed some amplification, also put in an a temporary electric heater as I bypassed the heater core until I pull out the dash one day, I did it on the track car and it is not a fun project especially on the Audi's.

Interesting to note that the original rear speakers were changed out at some point but the wiring to the front is off-putting. I did some research and the reason for this is due to the fact that the rear speakers, actually had built-in amplifiers from Nokia.

Looking at changing the exhaust, mainly for a bit of sound, but it has two mufflers, does anybody have much experience with this ? I've got some spare mufflers off of my forester that I could get cut to suit but should I remove the other box/resonator ? I dont want it loud just nice.