PDA

View Full Version : Yeti wins COTY

Bezant
08-08-2010, 11:01 AM
The Snow Monster takes out the major prize and the superb wins its category in the 2010 Car of the Year awards from British Motor Journal Auto Express

Skoda Yeti is our Car of the Year | Auto Express News | News | Auto Express (http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/255460/skoda_yeti_is_our_car_of_the_year.html)

Looking forward to the beast finally reaching our shores sometime soon.

PassatB6
09-08-2010, 05:02 PM
The Snow Monster takes out the major prize and the superb wins its category in the 2010 Car of the Year awards from British Motor Journal Auto Express

Skoda Yeti is our Car of the Year | Auto Express News | News | Auto Express (http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/255460/skoda_yeti_is_our_car_of_the_year.html)

Looking forward to the beast finally reaching our shores sometime soon.

A big warning to the competition. Wonder what the price will be here?

Jake02
09-08-2010, 05:15 PM
A big warning to the competition. Wonder what the price will be here?

I'm predicting around $26k for the base petrol 2WD model to around $45k for a high spec diesel 4WD. Well I'm hoping so because I think that'd make it fabulous value for money.

They better give it electric folding mirrors too, NZ is the only international Market that I know of with this feature, hopefully Skoda Aus takes notice :). I personally love Yetis and cannot wait to sit in one. As many have said, it better be at the motorshow. Speaking of which, who is going!?

PassatB6
09-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Isn't 45k way to much for the diesel?? Especially when the Tig is less?

dodgey
09-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Isn't 45k way to much for the diesel?? Especially when the Tig is less?

Not after you start adding options on the Tig ;) (More than likely, they'll be standard on the Yeti)

Jake02
09-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Not after you start adding options on the Tig ;) (More than likely, they'll be standard on the Yeti)

Thankyou :).
I meant like the Elegance model they have in the UK. It's around that price but comes loaded with leather, xenons, sat-nav etc making it actually very good value. Tiguans at that price are the 147TSI model and they don't come with much equipment...

PassatB6
09-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Thankyou :).
I meant like the Elegance model they have in the UK. It's around that price but comes loaded with leather, xenons, sat-nav etc making it actually very good value. Tiguans at that price are the 147TSI model and they don't come with much equipment...

OK fair point, but my main confusion with Skoda is its marketing of 'value for money' vehicles when it sometimes seems not to be the case. The Jetta for example is cheaper than the equivalent Octavia.

Jake02
09-08-2010, 06:51 PM
The Jetta for example is cheaper than the equivalent Octavia.

At the outline yes, but with options added to the Jetta to Octavia spec it's a little bit more. Eg, the Jetta 118TSI vs Octavia 118TSI. You have to add the Comfort Package ($2k) to the Jetta to make it Octavia specs (plus I think the touch-screen audio and front foglamps) and then it ends up costing more. Plus, Octavias are actually European made (and the bigger boot etc). I think Skoda Australia was an opportunity for VW Aus to not market Skoda as a budget brand as such, but to market it as a high-quality brand that won't cost you a bomb which I think it's succeeded in doing. A Skoda exec told me that they're also after a unique market that is different to VW Aus.

PassatB6
09-08-2010, 09:29 PM
OK,thanks, makes sense now.

Jake02
09-08-2010, 09:53 PM
OK,thanks, makes sense now.

Lol, well I'm not saying that's the case; I'm just saying that's what I believe to be true :).

PassatB6
09-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Lol, well I'm not saying that's the case; I'm just saying that's what I believe to be true :).

Well you're saying that for the same equipment level the Jetta would probably cost more. I assume you didn't just make it all up!? So, as I said that makes sense. Otherwise it doesn't make much sense to have a 'value for money' brand being poor value for money!!