PDA

View Full Version : so strange?? i have no indicators??

KI11Z
18-04-2007, 04:32 AM
So very weird! It happened at night just after racing a DC5 typeR, i went to signal into a street (like seconds after booting it wid the teggy) and nothing!! Even stranger is that my hazards work? and the fuse is intact! sounds like its gunna b a b*%$h of a thing to fix . . . . any suggestions?? :(

syncro
18-04-2007, 05:36 AM
There is a seperate fuse for blinkers and hazards, so just check again.

william
18-04-2007, 11:52 AM
idicator stalk

bombsquad21
18-04-2007, 01:39 PM
Alex, cops are slowly sabotaging your Jolf in an attempt to kurb your street racing. First go the indicators...whats next?

KI11Z
18-04-2007, 02:45 PM
lol! . . . lets hope not huh . . . i didnt realise that there r two sepperate fuses but im pretty sure i checked the indicator fuse . . . soooo if its the stalk, then does anyone have a spare?? :D

DubSteve
18-04-2007, 02:56 PM
lol! . . . lets hope not huh . . . i didnt realise that there r two sepperate fuses but im pretty sure i checked the indicator fuse . . . soooo if its the stalk, then does anyone have a spare?? :D

Could come out one day and find that the cars ecu is missing lol:rolleyes:

DVR68U
18-04-2007, 03:26 PM
hey mate it could also be a bad earth somewhere in your tail lights etc . when you put you ind.s on do any other lights come on ? have some one walk around the car to check it out. ive had problems like when you step on the brakes the ind.s come on etc . i had to take off my tail lights to get to the circuit board and re-earth a bad earth and my problems where fixed.

also it could be a faulty flasher unit ?
good luck brenton
ps i hope you beat the honda ;)

SOHC
18-04-2007, 09:45 PM
maybe bad contact of something...
once i had a bad contact on a bulb and the indicator just went blinking crazy
but yours not blinking is quite..... weird
as DVR68U said...bad earthing maybe?

KI11Z
19-04-2007, 03:26 AM
okok, i feel like a toss :rolleyes: . . . long story . . .

i took out the mud gaurd in the front right wheel arch and never put it back (my bad) . since then sumthin has perhaps sumhow flung up in there and dislodged the plastic bulb holder from the indicator housing! now thats been flying around in there and after getting bashed by my wheel umpteen times the bulb and the plug has come off sumwhere :confused:. now all thats left is the female end of the plug which was hanging by wire threads from the wheel grinding away at it! the positive and negative have touched and shorted the circut.

When i checked the fuse the other day (whilst driving to work) i had the fuse layout upside down and consiquently counted six in from the left! not the right . . . so stupid . . . . :( . . . lol . . .

anyhow, replaced the fuse, cut the wires and vwala! hey presto the much missed indicators are now operationable! . . . .

damb thats the longest post of mine, like, evaaaaaaaaaaaa ;)

Golf Loon
19-04-2007, 08:07 AM
At least it was a cheap fix Al.