PDA

View Full Version : Superb Wagons Order Vs Actual Delivery Times

spaz74
07-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Just wondering if anyone has been given confirmed delivery dates for their new wagons? What was/is the total waiting time?

Bayford Skoda
07-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Its very hard to confirm a delivery time currently... I'm advising 5 months.

Bezant
08-08-2010, 10:56 AM
Ordered mine on the 2nd July and was told a mid-September delivery date (apparently it was one of a special batch of 40 or so wagons for Australia) but as it hasn't left Bremerhaven yet I'm thinking it is more and more likely to be October now :(
.....which will be a major inconvenience.

If it wasn't such a good car I would be thinking of letting the deposit go and getting something else...but I'll wait patiently

CanberravRS
09-08-2010, 08:13 AM
When i ordered my V6 with extras i was told 6 months min wait.. so oct/nov it is!

woofy
09-08-2010, 09:06 AM
From memory the V6 engines were in short supply months ago....

CanberravRS
09-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Yes, so I had heard, due to the 3.6 being so popular in US Touareg's Skoda comes second on engines to VW.

spaz74
09-08-2010, 05:49 PM
Bezant,
I am assuming your Fiscon Bluetooth is going to be an after market install since I didn't see that in the options list for the combi. If I am correct how much is that costing you here?

Bezant
09-08-2010, 07:20 PM
spaz74

It was listed as being about $1,100 by the aftermarket installers and the dealer agreed to arrange for it to be put into the car in place of the standard skoda bluetooth; which apparently only allows you to answer the phone via the steering wheel but not do anything else basically. In the end it was a negotiated part of the deal so it cost a lot less than listed. I think that it only costs the dealer an extra few hundred dollars to do this so I only had to fork in an extra $200 myself and the dealer put in the rest.

spaz74
09-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the info. Went on a bit of a search which took me one step further to a reversing camera! This was a feature my wife really wanted. I suppose we can now have bluetooth and a reversing camera.
VW & Skoda RNS-510 Reverse Camera System (http://www.advancedice.com.au/products2/Reverse-Camera_8/36492-2)

Swuzzlebubble
09-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the info. Went on a bit of a search which took me one step further to a reversing camera! This was a feature my wife really wanted. I suppose we can now have bluetooth and a reversing camera.
VW & Skoda RNS-510 Reverse Camera System (http://www.advancedice.com.au/products2/Reverse-Camera_8/36492-2)Will a reverse camera linked to RNS-510 (Columbus) work in conjunction with "park assist" and/or rear sensor display output? Or do they use different displays?

spaz74
10-08-2010, 05:52 AM
Supposedly if it is running software later than 2660 (or something like that) it will run with park assist. It states on that link about compatability but from what I've seen its looking very good :)

thejack72
10-08-2010, 08:46 AM
Supposedly if it is running software later than 2660 (or something like that) it will run with park assist. It states on that link about compatability but from what I've seen its looking very good :)

spaz74, we were in the same boat... Reversing Camera was a 'must have' for us and the lack-of on the Superb was almost a show-stopper. After realising that the Columbus was just the RNS 510 rebadged I also did a lot of research about retrofitting and once I was happy it can be done we ordered.

Happs
30-09-2010, 04:51 PM
I am looking at purchasing the V6 AWD model, and have been advised that there is a 14 week wait time. How likely is this to be reflective of the 'actual' wait time?

I was hoping to get a new car this calendar year (part of a business vehicle allowance). A 14 week wait would push it out to end Jan (I assume XMas period will delay delivery too).

If realistically we're talking 20+ weeks and delivery next Mar/Apr I will be 'forced' to look at alternative models.

It's such a shame that will such a growing demand we're forced to wait so long.

Plus I'm in Perth and there's only 1 dealer, so it will be hard to negotiate on price/extras.

4thchicken
30-09-2010, 04:59 PM
I am looking at purchasing the V6 AWD model, and have been advised that there is a 14 week wait time. How likely is this to be reflective of the 'actual' wait time?

I was hoping to get a new car this calendar year (part of a business vehicle allowance). A 14 week wait would push it out to end Jan (I assume XMas period will delay delivery too).

If realistically we're talking 20+ weeks and delivery next Mar/Apr I will be 'forced' to look at alternative models.

It's such a shame that will such a growing demand we're forced to wait so long.

Plus I'm in Perth and there's only 1 dealer, so it will be hard to negotiate on price/extras.

Imo, your best option is to go to carsales and have a look at what dealerships have the cars in stock. Give them a call. When I was looking at skodas on carsales previously, I noted that many dealers stated they were happy to ship interstate.

Happs
30-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Imo, your best option is to go to carsales and have a look at what dealerships have the cars in stock. Give them a call. When I was looking at skodas on carsales previously, I noted that many dealers stated they were happy to ship interstate.

Yeah thanks for that.

I have had a look and they all say they are happy to arrange transport, however sending west-east is quite cheap (~$600), sending east-west is $2,000!! So between that and $200 local rego, it's a fair whack of money.

I personally know a few friends that have done it for 2nd hand vehicles where you can pick them up in the eastern states for thousands cheaper than in Perth (due to demand), so under those circumstances it makes it quite a attractive. However with new cars it's not as attractive unfortunately.

CanberravRS
30-09-2010, 05:29 PM
The reality is that the summer break is over for Europe.. and based on production history they produce more cars during our summer hence why delivery times are dropping from what they where when i ordered the car back in APR. I had heard that the V6 was harder to get specifically because engine is used in the Touareg in the USA, which is increasing in popularity as the economy comes back to life.
I wouldn't hesitate to guess that the figures being quoted now on deliveries are accurate unless there is a major catastrophe of some sort in Europe.

spaz74
30-09-2010, 09:27 PM
What times are we seeing? Well mine has blown out from a Nov 1st delivery to a Feb 1st! That will mean between a 7-8 month wait compared to a quoted 4-5 months. If I had known that when I ordered I wouldn't have bothered.

Happs
01-10-2010, 03:23 PM
What times are we seeing? Well mine has blown out from a Nov 1st delivery to a Feb 1st! That will mean between a 7-8 month wait compared to a quoted 4-5 months. If I had known that when I ordered I wouldn't have bothered.

Yeah that's exactly my concern too mate...

woofy
01-10-2010, 05:27 PM
Geeze I was going to order late next year but from those times, I might have to do it soon. That is a ridiculous time to wait. Finance interest rates are likely to go up more yet, so from when you work out the repayments to actually having the car, they could be way off. Let alone any trade in, or private sale you might be trying to organise.

There is something wrong when you can't buy something in reasonable time for lack of trying, how many sales are they going to lose....

spaz74
01-10-2010, 11:28 PM
A lot are walking out the door by the sounds of it. People just can't wait so long and Skoda Australia just don't have the stock.

Happs
08-10-2010, 11:50 AM
Well the other car I am looking at is the Golf R (I know, not the same 'type' of car), but that is also now a 6 month wait.

So I'm back to square 1! Do I wait it out for the Superb Wagon as I originally planned (and which is still probably my preference) or look completely elsewhere, outside the VAG group!?!? Decisions decisions.

woofy
08-10-2010, 07:43 PM
I think there would be a bit of dealer stock coming with the first orders as well for the next few months, so as long as you don't want anything too out of the ordinary you could probably not wait long at all.

Happs
11-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Has anyone ever put penalties in place for late delivery? E.g. if they advise 14 weeks, then say if it's 20+ weeks they take $1,000 off etc.

Something to keep then honest (in the initial indication of delivery time) and accountable for the final delivery.

dArK5HaD0w
11-10-2010, 01:55 PM
all the dealer can do is give an approximate indication, based on previous sales.
unfortunately its the "factory" that causes the delay in most cases, not the "dealer".

nothing the dealer can do about this. unless ofcourse skoda themselves offer some sort of goodwill gesture. i know skoda uk is offering 150 pounds or similar for orders taking more than 20 wks to deliver (or build? ca't remember now).
i haven't heard of skoda oz doing a similar gesture.

if the delay was with the dealer, such as they put a massive dent while it was sitting/driven in the dealer yard, and its going to take 4 weeks to repair - then the dealer is expected to "compensate" u somehow.

spaz74
11-10-2010, 01:55 PM
I would love that!! But can't see that ever happening. I could only get a guaranteed build date in early 2011 and all accessories as compensation.

woofy
11-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Fortunately or unfortunately, I think Skoda knew these delays would become the norm here, as they made sure they had X amount of stock ready to go for the first year of launch which is why anyone buying one in the first 12mths didn't have such a long wait. I also was a factor I took into consideration and ended up buying the car sitting there in late 2008 rather than wait 8mths for the new updates to come in....(which were not until late 2009 in the end anyway).

Unfortunately the GFC slowed stuff down and they haven't really ever caught up. Not helped by dealer stock being non existent here when they all liquidated what they had at the time the GFC struck in a panic. They need to get some stuff well ahead and keep a steady supply going here now, logic should say they need either more Skoda factories, or need to not take so much time off over summer as it has to be costing them from the manufacturing end either.

I honestly wonder whether Skoda/VW Oz are getting a low priority treatment for orders, my company makes sure the people it takes the longest for stock to get to globally are at the front of the list, so they get them about the same time as local orders, with globalisation you aren't supposed to be punished for transport time.

Happs
11-10-2010, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the replies...

I guess I'm looking at negating the inevitable 'sales spin' in lieu of loosing customers. I know that if it's at the factory end the dealer isn't responsible, UNLESS the dealer lied in the first place about delivery time.

I fear that I'm being told 14 weeks, when they know damn well it's 6+ months just so I don't leave and buy a different new car! Once you've committed what are you going to do? 3 months turns into 4-5-6-12mths and there's nothing you can do.

CanberravRS
11-10-2010, 05:17 PM
You where after a v6 Happs??
here you go

I think you going a bit overboard... only special order cars may be 6months.. There's a number of cars (http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/demo/details.aspx?Cr=0&R=9300179&keywords=&trecs=208&__Ns=pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|1||pCar_RankSort_Int32 |1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&__sid=1281A6866611&__Nne=15&__Qpb=true&seot=1&__N=834%201216%201246%201247%201252%201282%2042949 63053&silo=1011)

Happs
11-10-2010, 06:44 PM
You where after a v6 Happs??
here you go

I think you going a bit overboard... only special order cars may be 6months.. There's a number of cars (http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/demo/details.aspx?Cr=0&R=9300179&keywords=&trecs=208&__Ns=pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|1||pCar_RankSort_Int32 |1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&__sid=1281A6866611&__Nne=15&__Qpb=true&seot=1&__N=834%201216%201246%201247%201252%201282%2042949 63053&silo=1011)

Yeah I am, and yep I saw that too (but thanks for the link). There's probably 4-5 I wouldn't mind, but that's just not one of them!

And no I'm not, spoke to dealer today and they've been advised that an Oct order is a Feb shipping arrival, so arrival may be mid Mar, so that's 6 months (within a week or two) and that's on ANY variant.