PDA

View Full Version : syd gtg/cruise MAY/JUNE POLL,restart

gpk_gti
18-04-2007, 12:13 AM
Hi guys,
due to a bit of confusion and no one else pulling their finger out,ive decided to end all bickering and start a POLL.
So pick a day,vote and lets get together!!!
how does this sound??
meet up around 10.30 somewhere,
make our way to Newport,stop for a quick drink/coffee
head towards West Head rd(very fast/flowing/smooth) towards AKUNA BAY marina.
arrive at about 12ish.(that way there should be spare tables and bbq area) 1pm band starts.
http://www.whereis.com/whereis/getMap.do?nref=homeMap
plenty parking and good bbq area&nice view.

OK,,, due to the drag day on the 20th may and the berry show on the 6th may ,we have decided to start again.
so if you vote for the 20th ,then thats the cruise,up to WSID and watch the cars.
do you guys want to have two cruises? keep the drag seperate day?? so for example ,if you are happy to attend the drags on the 20th and are happy to have a cruise on the 27th may ,then all vote for the 27th.

rayray086
18-04-2007, 12:38 AM
Happy to do both, so my vote for a cruise on the 27th sticks! 3rd June may not be as great for those that are studying as most final exams are held during mid- to late-June.

static1800
18-04-2007, 08:34 AM
don't really want to come up to sydney two weeks in a row if i can help it, im keen for the drag day, doesnt have a beach or anything but we can watch lots of fast dubs, plus looks like i will be running in it.

DubSteve
18-04-2007, 10:42 AM
Sounds the goods I'll be up for both, won't be able to make it to the Berry one Wedding :( (not mine lol)

srbsta
18-04-2007, 04:51 PM
i can make it to both hahahaha call in sick twice :D

Bug_racer
19-04-2007, 11:24 AM
watch the cars.

???

Your not going to get out of it that easy . Your car should be actually racing . :)

The whole event is for people who have never been . The only excuse you have not to run and your there is either your pregnant or your cars broken . There will be girls racing , tdi's racing , mk1's racing , audi's racing , interstate entries and most have never raced at the strip some need a lesson in staging the car !

Organising a cruise on the same day as this is probably one of the lowest things you could do , especially since Ive been organising this since last year . If you think its easy organising such an event try organising a track day , use your own money to secure the premises and then try and get people to actually come .

DubSteve
19-04-2007, 11:32 AM
Seb the cruise is to the Drags, its nowhere else, instead of driving by yourself there make the most out of it :)

gpk_gti
19-04-2007, 01:40 PM
touchy!;) ! I cancelled the last thread so ppl could know about your drag day and I get hammered for it??ahh well...j:
if the consensus is to attend the drag day,well so be it,but im not sure if I can come.ill see as we get closer.:)

Glide_GTI
19-04-2007, 05:21 PM
yay a cruise thats only 5min away :D

gpk_gti
19-04-2007, 05:46 PM
well suppose its only fair as the last one was 5 from me!!

DubSteve
20-04-2007, 12:13 PM
So whats happening we cruising down to the Drags?

Are there any other days that we are having anything?

gpk_gti
26-04-2007, 07:46 PM
bump!!

so guys looks like the 27th ,,keep it in your memories!!!:idea:

Bug_racer
30-04-2007, 08:47 AM
There will be a press release regarding the drags shortly and I'll be organising the cars once the enrolment form becomes available :)