PDA

View Full Version : I am Steve., not steve03.

Steve
06-08-2010, 09:21 PM
Hi,

I have noticed tonight that I am unable to access my profile. If I click on the "Steve." or "My Profile" under the VW Watercooled.org.au logo, I am redirected to the profile of steve03. If I click on my username next to a post, the link to my (rarely updated) web page works as it should, as does viewing my posts - but I can't see or edit my profile.

I don't recall having any issues with the old forum software. My guess is that this issue has something to do with the full stop at the end of my name.

I'd like to be able to edit both my profile and my signature, but I'm unable to now.

It's not a big deal, so I don't really care if this issue is fixed or not, but I figured the powers that be may wish to know that their forum software is not acting as it should.

--Steve.

h100vw
06-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Steve. PM the hawk about this one. I tried and it says you are in Coffs Harbour....

Gavin

The_Hawk
25-09-2010, 08:29 AM
It's the '.' in your name that is causing the issue with the way that Firefox/IE etc translate the link. '-' also causes issues on occasion.

To try and avoid the problem no new user can sign up with '.' or '-' in their user name. If anyone is hitting this issues shoot me a PM with an alternative username and I will change it for you.