PDA

View Full Version : Any more news on the 2011 Polo GTI?

Patricio
17-07-2010, 05:52 PM
There were a couple of threads running at fever-pitch a few weeks ago about the 2011 Polo GTI. Any more news about the Aust release or models or prices???? I have a 77TSI on order - due late November and am starting to re-think maybe a GTI.

Patricio
18-07-2010, 08:31 PM
is it too early for a heads-up on pricing?

Sharkie
20-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Nice article in the latest Wheels magazine.

However, 1 crucial early flaw became clear. (which I have read of elsewhere as well).

New Polo GTI DSG has no launch control, which has meant that nobody has been able to match VWs claims for 0-100km/h ....

noone
20-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Just get the last model Polo GTI! Nothing like a proper 1.8T for fun...

Sharkie
20-07-2010, 03:25 PM

I know, had 1 of those ..... (sigh) still miss it sometimes .... may even it get it back when my brother (who bought it off me) upgrades to a Tiguan .....

And a little secret .... A stg 2 Tiguan is quicker off the line but not quite as much fun ....

Allegiance
20-07-2010, 04:30 PM

Only problem is they don't look nearly as nice as the new ones :emo_baghead:

noone
20-07-2010, 04:56 PM
each to their own, I like the old model, but the new one seems to have a lot more fans. I'm sure its nicer inside and the stock ride is better too, but once you drop a few $$$ on them, they are pretty nice.

pog
25-07-2010, 02:05 PM
I like the newer shape hands down and the interior is fantastic. But I do like the 1.8T and manual version of the 9N3. Anyones thoughts on what the APR ECU flash would yield?

(BTW, hello from the Gold Coast!)

philthy
25-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Anyones thoughts on what the APR ECU flash would yield?

(BTW, hello from the Gold Coast!)

I'd say you'd be looking at similar gains to the twincharger in the golf - 151 kw at the crank after a tune:

APR - High Performance Development for Audi, VW and Porsche Vehicles. (http://goapr.com.au/products/ecu_upgrade_14tsi_twin.html)

P.S. hello back from the Gold Coast. I've spent my afternoon sampling booze at Mount Tamborine :)

Allegiance
25-07-2010, 07:56 PM
They have an article in the latest Wheels magazine. Only 3DR and only DSG and estimated price is $29,500 according to that article.

Patricio
26-07-2010, 09:14 PM
thanks for the heads-up. It would be interesting to know the credability behind the article. I guess if the Aust release is in spring, then someone in Pamplona, Spain must know the configuration today.

PeterHBne
26-07-2010, 10:34 PM
To me, a true manual is paramount. I can't stand autos or quasi-autos. And everything I've ever read on all of them in all the brands says they all have issues, big or small. Hunt and change when you don't want them to or don't change quick enough when you do. Big deal breaker for me. I don't like an idiot dressed up as a PHD graduate doing my thinking for me - on any level.

Plus, when the battery dies you can't jump start! There is something deeply satisfying about jump starting a modern car.........

pologti18t
26-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Plus, when the battery dies you can't jump start! There is something deeply satisfying about jump starting a modern car.........

LOL... use jumperleads. If the battery is so depleted you can't turn over the engine its unlikely there is enough juice to prime and run the direct injection/fuel pump.