PDA

View Full Version : GTI Rear Swaybar Group Buy

shaneth
13-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Ok as some of you may have seen i in the other thread That we have the option of a group Buy. Atm i am being offered $190 for the adjustable bar plus $20 shipping
to all major cities and suburbs australia wide.This may go down depending on the amount we get. Now a few have already expressed interest and i will thransfer them onto the list below. If you are definitely wanting one just let us know and ill add you to the list. Now i was thinking oif giving everyone on here 2 weeks to figure out if they want one or not. (i hope this is fair, if not pm me any problems.) I am going to get in contact with the guy over the weekend and get details off him for things like payment etc etc. If oyu have any questions let me know.

Definites:-
beefa
shaneth
davemack
brumue
floody
glide gti
flaps

Maybe:-

FL00DY
13-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Could I possibly be put down as a Maybe. I'm trying to get one before Friday next week as I might still go to that track day. If by Thursday night I still can't get one then I'll be a definite.

shaneth thanks very much for organising this, your a champ.

mitch_gti
13-04-2007, 10:49 PM
Good idea guys ! :)

Hope you enjoy the bars, they are fantastic !!! rear one is great

PoloGTi
14-04-2007, 12:46 AM
Sorry guys ordered my front and rear about 2 days ago missed out but hey its only $23 cheaper o well. good work setting the buy up tho.

brumue
16-04-2007, 10:09 AM
As above, thankyou Shaneth for taking your time to organise this.

I am def still keen for one of these.

DaveMack
16-04-2007, 10:18 AM
Ok as some of you may have seen i in the other thread That we have the option of a group Buy. Atm i am being offered $190 for the adjustable bar plus $20 shipping This may go down depending on the amount we get. Now a few have already expressed interest and i will thransfer them onto the list below. If you are definitely wanting one just let us know and ill add you to the list. Now i was thinking oif giving everyone on here 2 weeks to figure out if they want one or not. (i hope this is fair, if not pm me any problems.) I am going to get in contact with the guy over the weekend and get details off him for things like payment etc etc. If oyu have any questions let me know.

beefa
shaneth
davemack
brumue

floody

If there are those that cannot make up their minds it two weeks ... further time will probably not help. (IMHO)

Cheers, Shane
D.

FL00DY
19-04-2007, 03:14 PM
Hi Shane. Well I've haven't had any luck with getting my Sway bar for the tracy day tomorrow :(

So please put me back on the Definites list. Whilst trying to get my Sway bar, I was told that Whiteline have closed whilst moving. I wasn't told how long for but it may put a delay on getting this done.

Cheers
Paul

Glide_GTI
19-04-2007, 05:26 PM
oh why not... I'll take one

shaneth
19-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Ok so there is a little change in the program. I have been talking to Brad the suplier of the Swaybar. He said to get any more of a discount we need 20 or more people, which by the repsonse sofar i cant see us doing. So we can do this one of two ways, 1. leave it as is. 2. do an order for the 6 of us on monday or early next week and then we could do another order later on. Whats your thoughts polo drivers.

DaveMack
19-04-2007, 11:32 PM
Ok so there is a little change in the program. I have been talking to Brad the suplier of the Swaybar. He said to get any more of a discount we need 20 or more people, which by the repsonse sofar i cant see us doing. So we can do this one of two ways, 1. leave it as is. 2. do an order for the 6 of us on monday or early next week and then we could do another order later on. Whats your thoughts polo drivers.

Do we still get a discount with fewer? If so, I say go now (and it'll open an avenue for future purchases). If not ... I still say go (don't really want to wait) and the difference is what ... $30?

Dave

PS. Thanks for organising this Shane.

shaneth
20-04-2007, 06:40 AM
Davemack the price above still stands. And thats the only discount we will get. To me saving $30 is still saving $30.

beefa
20-04-2007, 07:08 AM
Sounds good to me.

brumue
20-04-2007, 11:35 AM
Yeah thats fine with me too.

If anyone in Syd wants to save on postage maybe we could get them sent to 1 address and then pickup from there?

beefa
20-04-2007, 11:47 AM
That works even better for me

Flaps
21-04-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm down for this.

Sydney guys - We could get it shipped to Seb's maybe?

shaneth
22-04-2007, 04:27 PM
could someone organise where you want it shipped to and who is getting it shiped there by pm and let me know so i can find out the final price. Also if queenslanders want to do this let me know via pm and we can work something out also.

FL00DY
22-04-2007, 04:41 PM
Shane where do we think they'll ship them from? If it's Minto I can pick up the Sydney/NSW buyers, save some shipping.

shaneth
22-04-2007, 04:47 PM
hmmm. he isnt online but from what i can gather Adelaide

beefa
22-04-2007, 08:34 PM
Floody,

I rang them a couple weeks back and pretty sure they have moved from Minto. I asked if I could pick up from there and told definately no.

gtiono
22-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Ok as some of you may have seen i in the other thread That we have the option of a group Buy. Atm i am being offered $190 for the adjustable bar plus $20 shipping This may go down depending on the amount we get. Now a few have already expressed interest and i will thransfer them onto the list below. If you are definitely wanting one just let us know and ill add you to the list. Now i was thinking oif giving everyone on here 2 weeks to figure out if they want one or not. (i hope this is fair, if not pm me any problems.) I am going to get in contact with the guy over the weekend and get details off him for things like payment etc etc. If oyu have any questions let me know.

beefa
shaneth
davemack
brumue
floody
glide gti
flaps

Shaneth, these wouldn't happen to fit a Golf IV GTI would they?

brumue
23-04-2007, 10:23 AM
OK, well to add another option the bars can be sent to my place. Im in Chatswood, dont know how central that is to the other members. Pickup would be ok most week nights & on the weekend.

beefa
23-04-2007, 11:51 AM
I work at St Leonards, Chatswood works for me.

Flaps
23-04-2007, 12:33 PM
I work in North Ryde so Chatswood is fine for me. I know Glide is on the northern beaches so should be ok for him too.

Glide_GTI
23-04-2007, 07:43 PM
I work in North Ryde so Chatswood is fine for me. I know Glide is on the northern beaches so should be ok for him too.

yep all good with me mate

shaneth
23-04-2007, 08:59 PM
Ok guys, i have been told that you really arent going to save that much by sending them to one place. He is emailing me with the full explanation so i can post it up but it has to do with the weight. He has worked it out and ill post it up asap.

shaneth
24-04-2007, 11:16 PM
With the price i have given you of $190 , plus the freight, is still $30 cheaper than the other bloke got. Work that out over the 8 swaybars , thats a $240 saving for you guys. The bar $240 saving for you guys , is losing me $240 in profit , but i don't care whatsoever , because i try to help forum members out. . and as i told you , my parts sales are not my bread and butter , so really i don't care what i sell them for. Plus you don't have do go anywhere or worry about anything , as it is just couriered to your front doors. So the most i can really send as one consignment is 2 swaybars , but the saving only works out to be about 6 bucks. So to send them to everyones individual addresses , works out alot easier for everyone , saves driving and wasting fuel just to go and pick their bar up.

Does this make sense to everyone. Tomorrow ill PM everyone on my list with payment details etc.

Glide_GTI
25-04-2007, 10:49 AM
guess so...

could I get mine delivered to your place anyway? Im in the process of moving house, not sure which place im gonna be in when it arrives, and usually nobody at home during the day :?

FL00DY
25-04-2007, 11:19 AM
Yeh Shane that sounds fine. I'll have mine delivered to my work. So whats the final price?

This guy is a champ, find out what he drinks and we should buy him a case :D

shaneth
25-04-2007, 11:55 AM
ill pm everyone the details now it will have final price etc.

edit - ok thats done, if you want a swaybar and didnt recieve a pm, pm me and ill send it to you.

Flaps
25-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Shaneth

Are the RSB's in stock? What's the turn around from payment to delivery?

shaneth
25-04-2007, 09:52 PM
Ive been told 10 days to 2 weeks.

brumue
26-04-2007, 12:33 PM
ok, shaneth that is all fine with me.

I have just transferred the money as described in ya PM & emailed Brad etc.

DaveMack
26-04-2007, 02:59 PM
Brad has my dosh and details too.

Dave

shaneth
30-04-2007, 04:20 PM
OK everyone thank you for your quick response in paying, 2 people have recieved pm's about not paying (this doesnt affect the rest of us.) and if oyu didnt recieve a pm then brad has your money and has processed your order. For the two who havent been able to pay for very legitamite reasons. Thats fine when he recieves your money he will order it straight away. Only those who are on the list can get it at this price, unless im asked to negotiate again. For all those who missed out pm me if you want one and ill see what i can do.

awestonvp
07-05-2007, 02:46 PM
almost dont want to say this, but today I ordered RSB from Bursons for $150 inc GST delivered...

shaneth
07-05-2007, 03:02 PM
well all i can say is that congrats on the purchase adn you must have done a good job to get it that low was the most people i know have been quoted over $200 without delivery.

shaneth
07-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Was yours adjustable????

awestonvp
08-05-2007, 03:26 PM
Yep, ordered the adjustable one. Maybe they got the price wrong, the Bursons guy got the price over the phone from Whiteline. Guess I'll find out in a week or so when it arrives...

gtiono
09-05-2007, 04:48 PM
Yep, ordered the adjustable one. Maybe they got the price wrong, the Bursons guy got the price over the phone from Whiteline. Guess I'll find out in a week or so when it arrives...

I was quoted $195 (adjustable) and $175 (non adjustable) for mine from bursons.

I know bursons is making a big push to penetrate the NSW market so perhaps you got an extra special on some sort of anniversary day, although I'm inclined to think you got lucky with an inexperience sales rep who quoted the cost price? :???:

Either way, good buy. hope they keep the price for you.

how are you installing yours? anyone recommend a cheap workshop to get this installed in sydney? (I rather not try and do this myself just yet)

FL00DY
09-05-2007, 04:54 PM
how are you installing yours? anyone recommend a cheap workshop to get this installed in sydney? (I rather not try and do this myself just yet)

Go and see Seb (Bug_Racer) at Unit a6, 16a Amax Ave, Girraween. His the best VW mechanic in Sydney :D

gtiono
09-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Go and see Seb (Bug_Racer) at Unit a6, 16a Amax Ave, Girraween. His the best VW mechanic in Sydney :D

probably right, but best mechanics don't come cheap :-)
considering its just an RSB, wouldn't you want to save the challenging stuff for Seb? We don't want to dull down his brain do we?

awestonvp
09-05-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm in Melb, I'll probably get my local mechanic to do it and get Volkspower to check it before my next track day.
By the way, anyone know what a half decent lap time is for Winton in a chipped Polo? i'm great in a straight line, but the corners get me every time...j: Just after a time to aim for.

SoVeReIgN
09-05-2007, 06:27 PM
As asked earlier on in the thread - Do you know if these fit MK4 golfs /Audi A3s?

And if not - if your supplier can get them in?

FL00DY
09-05-2007, 06:46 PM
probably right, but best mechanics don't come cheap :-)
considering its just an RSB, wouldn't you want to save the challenging stuff for Seb? We don't want to dull down his brain do we?

It's easy enough for Seb to do in his sleep, he counts on those jobs to catch up on sleep :D

PoloGTi
09-05-2007, 08:20 PM
As asked earlier on in the thread - Do you know if these fit MK4 golfs /Audi A3s?

And if not - if your supplier can get them in?

i dout the sway bar would fit, the polo has a smaller wheel base than the golf/Audi.

Timbo
09-05-2007, 10:00 PM

Stop being a slacker jono, it'll take you 45 mins max, and will give you that "I can do it" feeling :D

Plus, with the money you save, you can ..er... have a better takeaway for dinner :???:

shaneth
09-05-2007, 10:29 PM
yes i can get my hands on mk4 golf gti bars. pm me your details and ill get a quote fir you.

PoloGTi
09-05-2007, 10:45 PM
I put my rear bar in yesterday took about 50mins was an easy job. Parked the car with 2 wheels up on the gutter and others on the road and was just right to get easily under the rear of the car. Used the standered jack and just did it up enough under the shox to keep it in place while i took the bolt out and placed the new one in. Running the medium setting and it feels so much better than standered, front bar goes on next wed all going well.

gtiono
09-05-2007, 11:05 PM
Stop being a slacker jono, it'll take you 45 mins max, and will give you that "I can do it" feeling :D

Plus, with the money you save, you can ..er... have a better takeaway for dinner :???:

hey, that's 45 minutes of missed cruising time around wisemen ferry and back ... and possibly another round , now that I got it flashed.

You gotta do these things right cause they can cause some severe wear and tear issues I would imagine.

My guess is the installation instructions will be written in ponkanese sign language (the defacto language of all supercheap/autobahn merchandise) anyway. Me no understand that stuff.

DaveMack
10-05-2007, 01:03 AM
... since orders went in ... anyone got theirs yet?

I'll probably have to pay someone to put mine in too ... at least I've got a legitimate excuse :rolleyes: spinal damage ... can't get under cars.

Dave

brumue
10-05-2007, 10:13 AM
Yeah, you're not the only one.

Still waiting for mine too.

I think i will take the diy approach and have a stab at installing it myself.
Doesn't look too advanced from the installation guide in that other thread.

mitch_gti
10-05-2007, 10:53 AM
Guys, takes 30 minutes max to fit it.

Dont be lazy :P have a stab at it yourself.

make sure you have a nice solid hydro jack, a couple wheel chocks for the front wheels. couple car stands and your normal jack (you need a normal jack to push up on the shock mount to even out pressure so you can get the bolt out)

its very straightfoward.

FL00DY
10-05-2007, 11:07 AM
Guys, takes 30 minutes max to fit it.

Dont be lazy :P have a stab at it yourself.

make sure you have a nice solid hydro jack, a couple wheel chocks for the front wheels. couple car stands and your normal jack (you need a normal jack to push up on the shock mount to even out pressure so you can get the bolt out)

its very straightfoward.

DIY instructions = http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/instructs/Z362_BWR19.pdf

It does say that it needs to be installed at normal ride height.

Timbo
10-05-2007, 11:13 AM
DIY instructions = http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/instructs/Z362_BWR19.pdf

It does say that it needs to be installed at normal ride height.

So best to put the car up on ramps;)

FL00DY
10-05-2007, 11:14 AM
So best to put the car up on ramps;)

That's why I posted it ;) I get why it needs to be at normal ride height, but seems some of you used a jack and not ramps ???

Timbo
10-05-2007, 11:54 AM
You need to use a jack under the shock to keep it aligned

DaveMack
10-05-2007, 03:36 PM
... all I've got is a jack - no ramps, no pit or anything that could even be used as one. I'll find some kindly soul who can help me. :D

Dave

shaneth
10-05-2007, 09:25 PM
... since orders went in ... anyone got theirs yet?

I'll probably have to pay someone to put mine in too ... at least I've got a legitimate excuse :rolleyes: spinal damage ... can't get under cars.

Dave

Sorry Dave and everyone else, Just read the post. I am in constant contact with Brad and he is extremely sorry but he is still waiting on the bars. He was hoping they would turn up yesterday but didnt so hopefully tomorrow and then shipped straight away. IM extremely sorry for the delay. Ill keep you posted.

FL00DY
10-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Sorry Dave and everyone else, Just read the post. I am in constant contact with Brad and he is extremely sorry but he is still waiting on the bars. He was hoping they would turn up yesterday but didnt so hopefully tomorrow and then shipped straight away. IM extremely sorry for the delay. Ill keep you posted.

Hey Shane it's not your fault, you've done an awesome thing putting your hand up for organising a GB. Know one here expects you to take blame for the lateness of the bars when you didn't HAVE to put your hand up.

shaneth
10-05-2007, 09:55 PM
Hey Shane it's not your fault, you've done an awesome thing putting your hand up for organising a GB. Know one here expects you to take blame for the lateness of the bars when you didn't HAVE to put your hand up.

Thanks mate.:D

Wand Weaver
11-05-2007, 09:02 AM
Parked the car with 2 wheels up on the gutter and others on the road and was just right to get easily under the rear of the car. Used the standered jack and just did it up enough under the shox to keep it in place while i took the bolt out and placed the new one in.

I may be misunderstanding something here - but you got under a car supported by a widowmaker? :o

Timbo
11-05-2007, 09:05 AM
No, he was using the jack to support the shocks, to keep the bolt-holes aligned.

shaneth
15-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Ok guys and gals. Just talked to brad and he got the swaybars tonight and will have them out tomorrow. Later on tonight ill have the consignment notes for everyone. You should have them by friday but if not monday at the latest. You can also use the TNT site to track the con. note i will post up.

FL00DY
15-05-2007, 09:57 PM
Ok guys and gals. Just talked to brad and he got the swaybars tonight and will have them out tomorrow. Later on tonight ill have the consignment notes for everyone. You should have them by friday but if not monday at the latest. You can also use the TNT site to track the con. note i will post up.

Great work Shaneth. Friday would be sweeet. Your a champ.

shaneth
15-05-2007, 10:17 PM
Ok Con Note Numbers are as follows. -

shaneth = 867023201
glide_gti = 867023190
brumue = 867023188
beefa = 867023177
floody = 867023212
davemack = 867023223

brumue
15-05-2007, 10:34 PM
Terrific - Thankyou again Shaneth, really appreciate your efforts.

Can't wait to try it out and see the differnce it makes.

DaveMack
16-05-2007, 12:48 AM
Terrific - Thankyou again Shaneth, really appreciate your efforts.

Can't wait to try it out and see the differnce it makes.

x2 Cheers, Mate ... a job well done.

Dave

Glide_GTI
16-05-2007, 02:56 PM
No consignment was found :?

FL00DY
16-05-2007, 03:02 PM
No consignment was found :?

Yeah same ???

shaneth
16-05-2007, 04:29 PM
Just wait till tonight as tnt will be picking them up some time today, and im not exactly sure when. Until they are piced up nothing will have been recorded by tnt.

FL00DY
16-05-2007, 04:32 PM
Just wait till tonight as tnt will be picking them up some time today, and im not exactly sure when. Until they are piced up nothing will have been recorded by tnt.

Yeah that's what I figured :cool:

shaneth
16-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Just checked, they are all in the system.

Consignment No: 867023212

Status Date Time Depot
Picked Up 16/05/2007 16:16 Adelaide PRI
Received in Depot 16/05/2007 16:55 Adelaide PRI

Consignment No: 867023188

Status Date Time Depot
Picked Up 16/05/2007 16:17 Adelaide PRI

Consignment No: 867023177

Status Date Time Depot
Received in Depot 16/05/2007 16:56 Adelaide PRI

Consignment No: 867023190

Status Date Time Depot
Picked Up 16/05/2007 16:18 Adelaide PRI

Consignment No: 867023201

Status Date Time Depot
Picked Up 16/05/2007 16:19 Adelaide PRI

Consignment No: 867023223

Status Date Time Depot

Glide_GTI
17-05-2007, 10:46 PM
sweet, although I think it might be a month or so before i put it on..
gonna get a whole bunch of stuff done at once

FL00DY
18-05-2007, 08:08 AM
Status Date Time Depot
Received in Depot 18/05/2007 06:12 Homebush (Sydney)

:D

DaveMack
18-05-2007, 08:26 AM
I've tried entering the number in the TNT tracker site ... nuthin. :confused:

Dave

FL00DY
18-05-2007, 10:21 AM
It's on it's way :D

On Board For Delivery-Full 18/05/2007 07:49 Homebush (Sydney)

FL00DY
18-05-2007, 11:57 AM
RSB has arrived :D

Thanks again Shaneth for all your help, your champ.

shaneth
18-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Please let me know if the below info is incorrect.

shaneth = 867023201 - Delivered in full
glide_gti = 867023190 - Not at Home
brumue = 867023188 - On Board for Delivery
beefa = 867023177 - Delivered In Full
floody = 867023212 - Delivered In Full
davemack = 867023223 - Delivered in full

Consignment No: 867023212

Status Date Time Depot
Received in Depot 18/05/2007 06:12 Homebush (Sydney)
On Board For Delivery-Full 18/05/2007 07:49 Homebush (Sydney)
Delivered in Full 18/05/2007 11:45 Homebush (Sydney)

Consignment No: 867023188

Status Date Time Depot
Received in Depot 18/05/2007 06:07 Homebush (Sydney)
OBFD Outside Hire 18/05/2007 10:17 Homebush (Sydney)

Consignment No: 867023177

Status Date Time Depot
On Board For Delivery-Full 18/05/2007 08:56 Enfield (Sydney)
Delivered in Full 18/05/2007 12:48 Enfield (Sydney)

Consignment No: 867023190

Status Date Time Depot
Picked Up 16/05/2007 16:18 Adelaide PRI
Received in Depot 18/05/2007 06:07 Homebush (Sydney)
On Board For Delivery-Full 18/05/2007 08:05 Homebush (Sydney)

Consignment No: 867023201

Status Date Time Depot
On Board For Delivery-Full 18/05/2007 06:50 Brisbane Archerfield
Delivered in Full 18/05/2007 10:47 Brisbane Archerfield

Consignment No: 867023223

Status Date Time Depot
On Board For Delivery-Full 18/05/2007 07:09 Brisbane Archerfield

DaveMack
18-05-2007, 02:28 PM
:D What a week ... APR, RSB & VWW sticker ... :D:D:D

Now all I have to do is find someone of greater mechanical ability than me that I can bribe to fit it (the RSB). After-all ... I'm about as great a mechanic as George Bush is a Statesman.

Dave

PS: Thanks for all your efforts getting these Shaneth.

beefa
18-05-2007, 03:26 PM
Im hearing you mate... in one week the car has grown a GFB DV, Revo and now RSB.

Shaneth thanks for sorting this, much appreciated.

brumue
18-05-2007, 04:52 PM
Status hasn't been updated on the site yet, but mine arrived half an hour ago.

Thankyou Shaneth & Brad.:)

Will prob install tomorrow - hope everyone enjoys their RSB's.

Glide_GTI
23-05-2007, 01:16 AM
got mine, will be installed next week by derek and getting H&R cup kit done at the same time.. cant wait!

after that Im gonna need some new rubber, not sure what to go for yet, conti's are out.. I cant afford more punctures on sydneys crap roads