PDA

View Full Version : New ECU Tune

Allegiance
13-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Hi Guys,

Looking for a ECU tune I found this, power up to 96kw and 218nm of torque:

SM Chip Tuning • Vw Polo 6R 1.2 TSI 105 (http://www.smchiptuning.com/3479/vw-polo-6r-1-2-tsi-105)

Someone hurry up and be a guinea pig so then I can get it done to my car :P

VW-POLO-2010
14-07-2010, 10:23 AM
Heydude im in the same boat as you cant wait to get this upgrade but wanna let someone else go first lol I rewall y wanna hold out for the APR version to be released as I love the idea of the LOCK_OUT function but still keen on all the info I can get regqrding all ecu upgrades so please keep me posted.

Allegiance
16-08-2010, 08:20 PM
Check this out!

Google Translate (http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.bb-automobiltechnik.de/deutsch/fahrzeugtyp/vw/vw-polo/vw-polo-6r/motorentechnik/vw-polo-1.2-tsi/index.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3D1.2tsi%2Btuning%26hl%3Den&rurl=translate.google.com.au&usg=ALkJrhgfxHZ_zcZsNqnR993QbdJef5A9fQ)

125KW at Level 3!

philthy
16-08-2010, 08:54 PM
Check this out!

Google Translate (http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.bb-automobiltechnik.de/deutsch/fahrzeugtyp/vw/vw-polo/vw-polo-6r/motorentechnik/vw-polo-1.2-tsi/index.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3D1.2tsi%2Btuning%26hl%3Den&rurl=translate.google.com.au&usg=ALkJrhgfxHZ_zcZsNqnR993QbdJef5A9fQ)

125KW at Level 3!

6000 euro... that's got to be more than the price difference between a 77 and the new GTI.. and still not as powerful.

Stage 2 seems a bit more reasonable

yauipop
16-08-2010, 11:02 PM
Anyone tried this yet?

Engine Technology : ABT power upgrade : Products (http://www.abt-sportsline.de/en/tuning/shop/VW-Polo-6R0-Motortechnik_1708_1402_4/produkt/ABT-power-upgrade-4905/)

Looks like they've got a dealer in Sydney...

Hail22
17-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Holy jesus, look at the rear bumper with the custom diffuser/Exhaust setup...how and where can i get that from

Buller_Scott
17-08-2010, 11:59 PM
there's a place in sydney [forget the name, but it's in a thread in the chiptuning forum] that hasnt got the ABT tune yet, but are an abt dealer.

i took the polo 1.2 tsi for a spin the other day- GOD DAMN!!! for a 1.2, it's a little cracker, and with a tune, i'd be VERY happy to drive such a tiny engine with such impressive [for its size] power, torque, and flexibility.

i really, really like it. but the interesting thing with all this tuning talk, that i find:

1. air intake is simply too restrictive- as far as i could tell in the engine bay, it does like 270 degrees of turns before it actually leads to the intake manifold, with a tiny little rubber hose for the last bit before the manifold. if this could be rectified e.g. heat shielded pod, no bends, just enough piping to accomodate the MAF, straight into the intake manifold, that would aid response and ultimately flow/ power noticeably, i reckon.

2. it would be interesting to see what kind of turbo it is- i know the diesels use variable nozzle turbos that invite boost creep when you're running a tune AND a dump pipe..... if the polo 1.2 tsi has a turbo that is not prone to boost creep, then no doubt a nice mandrel dump pipe + hi flow cat + mufflerectomy might add a few crucial kw/ nm as well, which has been the case consistently with the 9n3 polo gti boys.

3. if my business were at the point that i want it to be within the next 6-12 months, i have to confess that i'd be hard pressed not to simply go out and order a new polo tsi right now. as for tuning..... i think that this car might be one that would do better to have intake/ exhaust sorted out first, then custom dyno tuned to match any hardware... i reckon that could potentially net better results than off-the-shelf-one-size-fits-all tunes from your ''well known'' tuning companies.

i reckon you boys should probably settle down, though. i would suggest not going out and jumping on the abt tune, or the apr tune, etc etc....

remember, the car's still young, and no one knows what two reputedly aggressive tuners [revo technik and GIAC] have in store for the 1.2 tsi engine [even though giac does u.s.-bound engines, you never know......].

cheers,

scotty

Hail22
18-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Thanks Buller for the Post, very informative and detailed i like it a lot :), Just rang up Ram Speed Automotive (Sydney ABT Dealer) getting a quote done on the ABT rear skirt set 1 Exhaust Technology : ABT rear skirt set : Products (http://www.abt-sportsline.de/en/tuning/shop/VW-Polo-6R0-Abgastechnik_1761_1402_4/produkt/ABT-rear-skirt-set-5190/) in the finish of flash red.

For all Sydney TSI drivers, if the quote is good in my colour etc i will post the price that i will get from them, i think its very good and solid since they can fit it...rather than if you bought a Reiger kit and well...no dealerships here to provide Warranty/Installation support.

Buller_Scott
19-08-2010, 03:19 PM
Thanks Buller for the Post, very informative and detailed i like it a lot :),

no problems. i personally think that the polo tsi is a real piece of engineering beauty, and whilst it might not be ''quick'' by many peoples standards, i reckon with a tune and a good suspension and better brake rotors, pads and fluid [cheap, easy, yet awesome mod] , you'd still be able to take heavier, more powerful cars, on twisty mountain roads, which is always fun.

im just hanging to see what revo technik, custom code, giac, apr, viezu, unitronic, superchips etc are going to do with the 1.2 turbo. i bet there'll be at least SOME ONE who will also offer up a stage two option [intake/ exhaust, more aggressive mapping, etc].

im sure that there'll be people who may smirk at the thought of tuning the 1.2 tsi instead of just getting a gti, but one thing about the upcoming gti that gets me cringing is the talk of VW re-designing [or replacing the material of] the supercharger flap, resulting in poorer build quality and some problems as seen with some the same engine in the golf mk6.

at the end of the day, i think it will be a rather workable little engine. if ABT is putting up 103kw/220nm for an off-the-shelf-from-overseas tune, then i cant see why intake/ dump pipe/ high[er] flow cat/ rear muffler removal, couldnt push those figures up to say 110-115kw/230-240nm, with an aggressive custom dyno tune. maybe even more.

whatever the case may be, you'd just want to keep an eye on exhaust gas temps, oil temps and boost pressure.

cheers,

scotty

Hail22
20-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Got the quote back for that rear skirt/exhaust setup $2149 full kit inc GST, then its $2464 for it to be fully installed.

Billecartz
20-08-2010, 09:21 PM
Got the quote back for that rear skirt/exhaust setup $2149 full kit inc GST, then its $2464 for it to be fully installed.

That installation cost is outrageous, I am sure it could be done for a third of the price.

Hail22
21-08-2010, 08:44 AM
Yeah if you know someone share the info around, more info is that its a turbo back exhaust system hence the high price.

Allegiance
01-09-2010, 03:21 PM
Ramspeed have released the ECU modification.

The original ECU is actually unmodified, it is a seperate box that gets connected to the ECU.

The tuning on the 1.2 engines thought is being done by an additional AEC tuning (ABT Electronic Computer Unit), so the OE ECU remains untouched, which is great.

Power is 103KW/220NM of torque, 210 km/h top speed.

Price is $2,550 inc GST, Or $2,246 with a group buy of 3 people, or $2,095 with a group buy of 6 people.

h100vw
01-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Do you get shares in the company with that?:eek:
Gavin

noone
01-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Ramspeed? Are they reputable? That's a lot of cash for no hardware... Do they atleast offer some sort of engine insurance to justify the price?

Be patient, other options won't be far off.

Don't expect big results from exhaust or intake mods, the last polo gained very little and flowed a lot more air.

Allegiance
01-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Do you get shares in the company with that?:eek:
Gavin

Everyone has been asking, so I thought I would provide the details :P

Allegiance
01-09-2010, 08:51 PM
Ramspeed? Are they reputable? That's a lot of cash for no hardware... Do they atleast offer some sort of engine insurance to justify the price?

Be patient, other options won't be far off.

Don't expect big results from exhaust or intake mods, the last polo gained very little and flowed a lot more air.

The tune is from ABT, Ramspeed are the Australian distributors.

Buller_Scott
05-09-2010, 02:13 PM
man, $2500 is a bit of a rip......

thanks for the details, and i still reckon you guys should cool your jets as there's still:

apr
oettinger
viezu
revo technik
custom code
giac (?)
superchips
MTM
etc

to go.... and you'll be able to get many of the flashes for much less than $2500.

i'd be banking that some of the other companies will have more aggressive tunes, too.