PDA

View Full Version : Sports body kit

Inception.dln
11-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Hey there guys, i am a potential Polo buyer and interested in getting the body kit with the vehicle. Ive called the dealers and their all giving me random figures.

Does anyone here actually know the price? and it would be great if u had before and after shots.

-cheers

Buller_Scott
12-07-2010, 02:26 AM
i'd say go for the lowest dealer figure, for now.

otherwise, hang out for a little while and when you start to see more polos on the road, people over in the uk etc will have had a good year or so now to have started coming up with different options for the polo front/ back/ side skirts.

otherwise, if you were to import it in yourself, it will probably not be color coded yet, and it will cost an arm and a leg.

Jun
12-07-2010, 05:17 PM
Hey Mate,

Welcome to the forums.

When I was getting quotes I got told $2,500 ex GST

and Spoiler was $650 ex GST

Billecartz
12-07-2010, 09:01 PM
i'd say go for the lowest dealer figure, for now.

otherwise, hang out for a little while and when you start to see more polos on the road, people over in the uk etc will have had a good year or so now to have started coming up with different options for the polo front/ back/ side skirts.

otherwise, if you were to import it in yourself, it will probably not be color coded yet, and it will cost an arm and a leg.

That is why I have only got the rear roof spoiler so far, I want to wait a little and see what else is coming out over the next 6 months. I do like the Reiger kit the most, it is reasonably clean compared to some other offerings.

Inception.dln
12-07-2010, 09:12 PM
I gotta agree with Billiecartz, the rieger body kit looks sweet. But i wonder when its going into mass production.

Schibs
24-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Has anyone found any other body kits either than Rieger and JE Design?

I did ask someone from Osbourne Park VW about the official sports kit and he said it could be around the $6000 mark..

Anyone else further to finding out an actuap RRP?

Cheers

Inception.dln
24-07-2010, 08:52 PM
$6000? that seems to be way offf.

The official sports body kits are sold in parts. There are four parts, all adding up to $2826 without GST, without paint/fitting. My guess for the installation of the official sports body kit would be around the $4000 mark. Or you can paint and fit them yourself to save some money.

Billecartz
25-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Has anyone found any other body kits either than Rieger and JE Design?

I did ask someone from Osbourne Park VW about the official sports kit and he said it could be around the $6000 mark..

Anyone else further to finding out an actuap RRP?

Cheers

There is a body kit from ABT also, but I am not a fan of it.

Billecartz
25-07-2010, 08:53 PM
$6000? that seems to be way offf.

The official sports body kits are sold in parts. There are four parts, all adding up to $2826 without GST, without paint/fitting. My guess for the installation of the official sports body kit would be around the $4000 mark. Or you can paint and fit them yourself to save some money.

I had the rear spoiler painted for $200.00 and fitted it myself with Sikaflex. It was very easy, so I would imagine you could get it painted and fit yourself for under $800.00.

I am doing my wifes car in a stepped approach, I dont want to do too much and regret something.

Schibs
26-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Quality mate, cheers for the prices.

Billecartz
26-07-2010, 06:36 PM
Body Kit Adhesive $30.10 + GST
Front Skirt $603.35 + GST + $125.00 + GST Labour + Painting
Rear Skirt $625.75 + GST + $125.00 + GST Labour + Painting
Roof Spoiler $468.80 + GST + $75.00 +GST Labour + Painting
Side Sill Set $760.35 + GST + $125.00 + GST Labour + Painting

Sub Total Parts Cost $2488.35 + GST
Sub Total Labour Cost $450.00 + GST

Sub Total To Supply & Fit $3,232.19 INCLUDING GST

THIS PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE PAINTING

Don't get the genuine adhesive, I did this and it had been sitting on the shelf too long and had gone off. The instructions with the kit components are very good, so just buy some Sikaflex 227 and you get 20 times more for $22.00.

Schibs
26-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Don't get the genuine adhesive, I did this and it had been sitting on the shelf too long and had gone off. The instructions with the kit components are very good, so just buy some Sikaflex 227 and you get 20 times more for $22.00.

would you install all the parts yourself if you could?

Billecartz
26-07-2010, 09:53 PM
would you install all the parts yourself if you could?

I am quite fussy, instead of having a 16 year old apprentice have a go at fitting it I would prefer to do it myself.

It's not too difficult, all you need to do is think laterally and take your time.

FJ Steve
27-07-2010, 01:36 AM
Billecartz...are you back in Oz yet? Have you had a chance to do some more photo's of the Polo, but on bitumen this time. Loving your work.

dave_r
28-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Billecartz...are you back in Oz yet? Have you had a chance to do some more photo's of the Polo, but on bitumen this time. Loving your work.

I'm curious to how the body kit you guys speak of looks compared to a standard model as I reckon it already looks pretty bloody good with sports pack.

Billecartz
28-07-2010, 12:38 PM

Hi Steve.... yes I just got back on the weekend so a combination of crap weather and lack of time I haven't taken any more shots.

I just put a stubby antenna on so that the standard one would not hit the roof spoiler when opening. It is also debaged of standard badges and has red R-Line badges on the left hand rear hatch and the rear of the front guards on each size., they look like they belong there.

If anyone is interested I might be selling my Boavista wheels and rubber, I need to fill the wheel arches out a bit more so will probably upgrade to 18 x 8 rims.

I am off to Nambucca Heads tjhis weekend for the VW Spectacular, so I will try and get some good shots then.

Inception.dln
11-08-2010, 08:34 PM
Hey guys, im expecting my delivery of my Polo hopefully buy sept/oct, and was just wondering what your thoughts are :

White candy with black racing stripes running down the entire car (Like the Ford Fiesta).

Hit me with opinions.

- Cheers.

Hail22
11-08-2010, 09:22 PM
I think i have my eye on the Reiger Kit, I would be more then willing to part ways with 4-5k for a kit like that including the Barracuda wheels in a matte black waiting for a quote on them :/

Schibs
11-08-2010, 09:38 PM
I think i have my eye on the Reiger Kit, I would be more then willing to part ways with 4-5k for a kit like that including the Barracuda wheels in a matte black waiting for a quote on them :/

Let us know how you go/what they come up with

Here's some Euro pricing in the meantime
http://www.rieger-tuning.de/0_BK_2010_DE/blaetterkatalog/pdf/save/bk_354.pdf
http://www.rieger-tuning.de/0_BK_2010_DE/blaetterkatalog/pdf/save/bk_355.pdf

Cheers

Allegiance
11-08-2010, 09:47 PM
I got quoted $2,100 for the ABT Rear Diffuser and Muffler delivered. Way too expensive in my opinion.

Inception.dln
11-08-2010, 09:50 PM
The prices of the Reiger Kit is here : http://rieger-tuning.de/images/PDF/Produktinfo_VW_Polo6R.pdf

Maybe someone here could translate it into english?

Inception.dln
11-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Also i called up RamSpeed about the ABT rear spoiler : $735 Australian including delivery to Melbourne.

Stevemak
08-09-2010, 09:19 AM
Does anyone have a good quality picture of the Polo fitted with the genuine VW Bodykit?

cruvon
28-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Hi Steve.... yes I just got back on the weekend so a combination of crap weather and lack of time I haven't taken any more shots.

I just put a stubby antenna on so that the standard one would not hit the roof spoiler when opening. It is also debaged of standard badges and has red R-Line badges on the left hand rear hatch and the rear of the front guards on each size., they look like they belong there.

If anyone is interested I might be selling my Boavista wheels and rubber, I need to fill the wheel arches out a bit more so will probably upgrade to 18 x 8 rims.

I am off to Nambucca Heads tjhis weekend for the VW Spectacular, so I will try and get some good shots then.

Hi Billecartz, already sold your wheels?..How much did they go for?

Thanks

Hail22
01-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Hmmmm just got a quote back for the VW polo kit (front and skirts only) $1,350 i feel thats quite...exy...

Here is what i believe is the best option layout.

If you don't want to do heavy modding on your rear go for the reiger rear diffuser set.

Side skirts VW Genuine, Reiger or RS side splitters.

Front splitters VW Genuine, Reiger, RS front splitters or wait for Bluemotion splitters to arrive.

I'm eyeing up the possibilty of getting the RS front splitters and Side splitters. The problem is the wheels i need suggestions, links etc as i am having trouble finding a good set of 5x100 stud pattern wheels.

nikon
01-08-2011, 02:28 PM
just found this abt exhaust and rear diffuser install and it looks pretty cool

VW Polo TSI ABT Sportsline Exhaust System and Carbon Fibre Rear Diffuser (http://ramspeed.com.au/forum/showthread.php?568-VW-Polo-TSI-ABT-Sportsline-Exhaust-System-and-Carbon-Fibre-Rear-Diffuser)

Hail22
01-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Already got that done mate, nearly a month passed :P btw that is my car hahahahahahaha.

By no means is it a cheap upgrade your looking at 2k and $195 installation fee.

nikon
02-08-2011, 01:41 AM
and its pretty sexy :D

Hail22
02-08-2011, 08:23 AM
and its pretty sexy :D True that mate, my end goal is a baby R as i'm finding ways to get Talladegas in 5x100 patterns from the US, then grille exchange with a bluemotion (remove badge) i wont put an R badge as that is over rice i just want the appeal and look not the rice effect http://autoworld.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/volkswagen-polo-bluemotion-concept-2010-live-at-geneva-img_4.jpg and you can also see the front splitters, not over the top ;)

FJ Steve
02-08-2011, 08:06 PM
True that mate, my end goal is a baby R as i'm finding ways to get Talladegas in 5x100 patterns from the US, then grille exchange with a bluemotion (remove badge) i wont put an R badge as that is over rice i just want the appeal and look not the rice effect http://autoworld.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/volkswagen-polo-bluemotion-concept-2010-live-at-geneva-img_4.jpg and you can also see the front splitters, not over the top ;)are you going to go the LED tail lights as well?

Hail22
02-08-2011, 10:04 PM
are you going to go the LED tail lights as well?

No way i love the stock Polo rear lights, i may only add an extension to the rear roof spoiler thats about it for the rear.

Trepid4tion
03-08-2011, 11:15 AM
About to order the Rear Spoiler soon (the factory option for the tsi) but starting to contemplate the Reiger Rear apron... purely based on im ordering springs soon, and saving on shipping is always a good thing... But i think i may hang off with the Reiger stuff for a while.

No way i love the stock Polo rear lights, i may only add an extension to the rear roof spoiler thats about it for the rear.
Im much the same with the rear lights, although only realised the other night that the brake light sits at the top of the lights... i though the parkers had 2 stage (parker/brake)...

Hail22
03-08-2011, 11:58 AM
About to order the Rear Spoiler soon (the factory option for the tsi) but starting to contemplate the Reiger Rear apron... purely based on im ordering springs soon, and saving on shipping is always a good thing... But i think i may hang off with the Reiger stuff for a while.

Im much the same with the rear lights, although only realised the other night that the brake light sits at the top of the lights... i though the parkers had 2 stage (parker/brake)...

My 2 cents mate, with the rear the reiger completes the car...the stock rear just looks...unfitting to the awesome package shown by the front end of the car.

How much did the spoiler set you back? i'm looking at this one VW Polo 6R Speed Rear Wing (http://www.magnatuning.ro/en/product/9878/VW-Polo-6R-Speed-Rear-Wing)

Trepid4tion
03-08-2011, 01:33 PM
515.70 unpainted for the Factory option one, all i need to do is get the paint and got access to everything else i need. Its if the spoiler is worth the 515 is the other question...

Hail22
03-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Do research like i do mate, worth it for peace of mind ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shisheida/5178769485/in/photostream/

This is what a guy did in the E.U that black tape is 3M Carbon Look vinyl, like the wheels...although looking for Tallas myself, however for a person doing that on his own, props to him good cheap mods :D