PDA

View Full Version : How bigs the tsi's turbo??

astro
11-07-2010, 11:04 AM
How bigs the tsi's turbo and what is the blades made from ceramic or steel??

And just cause I'm curious how big of a turbo could you attach to this little 1.2L(not going just wonder) and what yield could you get from stock internals that could be used daily.

Yes I know it's not the performance model I am just wondering on the hyerthetical side of things.

Billecartz
11-07-2010, 11:43 AM
How bigs the tsi's turbo and what is the blades made from ceramic or steel??

And just cause I'm curious how big of a turbo could you attach to this little 1.2L(not going just wonder) and what yield could you get from stock internals that could be used daily.

Yes I know it's not the performance model I am just wondering on the hyerthetical side of things.

It sits at the top front of the engine as is about the smae size as my wifes hairdryer :-)

I dont know what the construction is but go on Wiki and it's probably there.

noone
11-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Tiny. Upgrading the stock turbo to a larger one would make the car laggy I'd think, its designed to work efficiently at low revs so might make the car a bit useless.

Engine should be fine for a lot more power, putting 100kw through it surely couldn't do it any harm...

astro
11-07-2010, 01:11 PM
As bille said to look it up on wiki so I did just that. Turbo can Handel heaps more boost doesn't stat what stock is. So if someone could tell me stockboost that would be nice

aspiration
hot-film air mass meter, cast alloy throttle body with electronically controlled Bosch "E-Gas" 'drive by wire' throttle butterfly valve; turbocharger with maximum pressure 1.6*bars (23.2*psi), water-cooled intercooler integrated into intake manifold

and running 100kw I'm sure won't hurt it. Thought about the lag if chucking a big turbo on, what about hi flowing stock one like they do to the supars and aristos(2jzgte).

Rob Burns
11-07-2010, 03:03 PM
The car runs a water to air intercooler rather than an Air to Air intercooler so the intake piping is very short which removes a lot of lag. Getting a bigger turbo wouldn't increase lag nearly as much as on a car with a front mounted intercooler.

Allegiance
11-07-2010, 03:09 PM
I can't wait for someone to swap out their turbo. Love to see the results.