PDA

View Full Version : Clutch pedal vibrations

poloplayer
12-04-2007, 04:01 PM
Was at the traffic lights today, had it in neutral and handbrake up. Decided to stretch my leg a bit. When I pushed the clutch pedal down a bit, I could feel a very slight vibration, which was then eliminated when I pushed it down to the full. I thought it was a once off, but it happened everytime I tried. Does this happen to any of you guys? I don't get why it would happen since everything is disengaged (correct me if I'm wrong)

MR-GTI
12-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Yes I get it as well, have no idea what it is, I also get a KNOTCHY feeling when I press the clutch.

I will talking to the dealer about this next week.

Regs MR-GTi

Kai
12-04-2007, 05:04 PM
I have clutch problems....

Dealers say there is nothing wrong with it... Cheap People!

Flaps
12-04-2007, 05:36 PM
Dealers are always going to be cheap. It cost's them $ to replace everything and will only do if its the last option.

Kai have you been down the 1/4 with the APR?

I'm heading out soon to WSID and wonder how the stock clutch is going to comp with a few lauches.

Jetstar
12-04-2007, 06:39 PM
Yes. I get that too.

Timbo
12-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Why would dealers be "cheap" in relation to a warranty claim? In practice, the parts and their repair time are usually paid for by the manufacturer, so usually are pretty obliging, unless the claim is in an area where abuse might be a cause, or where the item claimed is not consistent with the model's usual defect history.

Not arguing about anyone's claim here, just explaining the process ;)

aprr32
12-04-2007, 09:25 PM
If the Polo has a duel mass flywheel like the Golf 4 GTI then the feeling in the clutch pedal when depressing it is normal,try a TDI transporter, same same.