PDA

View Full Version : Is this right ??

Elwoods 2LGL
11-04-2007, 04:36 PM
OK

1st Issue Im loosing my mind slowly - No help needed there

2nd issue - 1995 Golf GL 2L

- In this picture see the two little bolts inside the ( oil hole ? technical term ) are they suppose to have nuts on them to stop that plate from moving ?? or not like it is at the moment.
I can currently get my finger under it and flip it up and down a little ??
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u148/elwood2lgl/EngineGolf.jpg

Car is currently off the road and im slowly working throught a list of issues

Also 3rd one for today
chasing the split 2 way pipe that went here - it had a hole in it so my mechanic used electrical tape and did it too tight and just destroyed the pipe ( it collapsed in on itself ) ive been quoted a 3-5 week wait by Austral Motors

Any help would be greatly apprectated

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u148/elwood2lgl/DSCF2522.jpg

SOHC
11-04-2007, 05:10 PM
is that the 2E? i got the same kinda issue b4 with the hose...
for reburning the exhaust? though i didn't find out till my mechanic told me bout that, however i just got a crack on the linkage hose instead, still...cost me a fortune for that from VW:(

syncro
11-04-2007, 06:54 PM
2nd issue. It's just a plastic splash guard and as far as I can remember it just sits there.

h100vw
11-04-2007, 06:58 PM
The splash guard just sits there on top of the studs which secure the cam bearings in. There are nuts underneath the guard which you cannot see. don't pull the cover off. No point.

That pipe that died is a common failure, a new one is a good idea and shouldn't kill your wallet.

Gavin

rayray086
11-04-2007, 08:25 PM
I had the same problem with your 3rd issue - mine was split where it joins to the two valves. Got mine for much less than $170 at a parts shop in the Sydney region. Ask/look around for VW parts stockists around your area!

bombsquad21
11-04-2007, 08:53 PM
Please dont spend too much buying new VW parts in Brisbane...(diplomaticaly speaking)....

KMJ at Sumner Park has a few Mk3's ph. 3279 4101
Imparts at Eagle Farm for your new parts and consumables..for example..
Water pump for my mk3...Dealer=$350-$400
Imparts= $45...
I dont have Imparts number on hand, but you can look it up.

GL Golfs are great to work on, best thing is when something is slightly stuffed they still run pretty well. Pretty hard to kill. Good Luck..

beancounter
11-04-2007, 09:24 PM
Hi. Got the two tailed rubber pipe from VW (breather tube they called it) $25.25, genuine part, incl GST. I would assume that is the standard price??

Elwoods 2LGL
11-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Update on Issue
Stokers Siding VW parts has emailed me back :)
genuine breather pipe $27.70 In Stock. :D

Elwoods 2LGL
11-04-2007, 09:51 PM
Imparts at Eagle Farm for your new parts and consumables..for example..
Water pump for my mk3...Dealer=$350-$400
Imparts= $45...
I dont have Imparts number on hand, but you can look it up.

GL Golfs are great to work on, best thing is when something is slightly stuffed they still run pretty well. Pretty hard to kill. Good Luck..

Cheers Ill give them a buzz tomorow - sound like they have the right prices. .
Someone I spoke to on the phone from Adelaide today, also recomended them as well.

Hope its hard to kill as ive given her a damn hard beating over the years...

syncro
12-04-2007, 07:26 AM
Hi. Got the two tailed rubber pipe from VW (breather tube they called it) $25.25, genuine part, incl GST. I would assume that is the standard price??

Gee, aren't genuine VW parts a rip off!

I'd go the $27 aftermarket one:o

Bora Sport
12-04-2007, 09:34 AM
I see you are still pushing your barrow Syncro LOL. However if you read the thread again I think you will see that the $27 one ($27.70) is actually a genuine one as well.

In this case for both parts being discussed here I think you have to buy genuine. I have never seen after market versions of either.

The soft rubber split breather pipe used to be $11.00 the first time I bought one. The last one I paid around $22.00 as I recall. The hard plastic breather that goes in to the middle front of the block cost me around $180.00 a few years ago. What really annoyed me about that one (even more than the cost) was that mine had split down at the 90 degree bend where it goes into the block and I noticed that the replacement had a metal reinforcing sleeve that the old one didn't have at exactly the point where mine broke.

You could say well good VW realised it had a problem and made changes to fix it but to also charge $180.00 for a piece of plastic pipe barely 35cm long that was faulty really annoyed me.

My rant for the day.

syncro
12-04-2007, 12:19 PM
It's not the genuine prices, it's just the know all people on here that know the price and availability of every part without checking.

BlackVr6ix
12-04-2007, 12:34 PM
Dude, take a chill pill no need to be calling people names.

syncro
12-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Dude, take a chill pill no need to be calling people wankers.

Just annoys me, people that make things up.

Golfer
12-04-2007, 12:58 PM
Sorry guys, I've withdrawn my help from this thread. People are getting unnecessarily antagonistic.

Good luck with your car Elwoods 2LGL, I've found mine to be a fantasic little workhorse with the proper care.

DubSteve
12-04-2007, 01:26 PM
Right Oh!! Enough, I'm putting some moderator foot down. If you don't have anything to say then don't, if you do then say it. Anymore and i'll start deleting!!!

syncro
12-04-2007, 01:43 PM
You could say well good VW realised it had a problem and made changes to fix it but to also charge $180.00 for a piece of plastic pipe barely 35cm long that was faulty really annoyed me.

My rant for the day.

You want to try the prices on the hoses and plastic bits on a Transporter! It costs over $2k to replace them.

Don't you love the way that Volkswagen make hoses with different sizes on each end so that you cannot buy generic hoses as a replacement. :mad:

Elwoods 2LGL
13-04-2007, 11:11 PM
Ok big thanks to all who have given me their thoughts.:D

Soft dual headder rubber breather hose - quotes $22-$27 Genuine - Very hard to find in stock but they are around - intervolks & stokers VW parts

Hard Plastic breather pipe $150-$190 :cry: Genuine - Also hard to find.
- someone refered to it as the crack pipe. lucky i dont need this as yet .Ive managed to repair the damage done to this.

VW has a 3 to 6 week wait so im told . . .:evil:

Prices vary a little between some places but thats pretty usual with most stuff. Im tighter than the ass on a fish so shop around and you too will find a good deal.

Im always chasing parts its a never ending part of owning a dub . :???: