PDA

View Full Version : MDI USB with RCD310

Allegiance
28-06-2010, 07:54 PM
Hi Guys,

I am interested in getting the MDI USB for the RCD310 in my Polo. I want to use this with a external hard drive. I am wondering how you can navigate the hard drive using the RCD310?

I don't have/want to buy a iPod so please don't suggest!

Also how much does this cost supplied and fitted at the dealer?

Thanks!

Billecartz
28-06-2010, 08:54 PM
Hi Guys,

I am interested in getting the MDI USB for the RCD310 in my Polo. I want to use this with a external hard drive. I am wondering how you can navigate the hard drive using the RCD310?

I don't have/want to buy a iPod so please don't suggest!

Also how much does this cost supplied and fitted at the dealer?

Thanks!

Check this site out, lots of interesting tech info which relates to Polo......RCD 310 | my-gti.com (http://www.my-gti.com/category/in-car-entertainment/rcd-310)

Allegiance
28-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Check this site out, lots of interesting tech info which relates to Polo......RCD 310 | my-gti.com (http://www.my-gti.com/category/in-car-entertainment/rcd-310)

Thanks for the info, looks like it does what I want it to. Anyone know a cost?

Jetta5
29-06-2010, 12:25 AM
Thanks for the info, looks like it does what I want it to. Anyone know a cost?

I was considering the MDI interface as well, but was put off when I got the quote... can't remember exactly what it was though. I remember I was expecting around $270, but I think the quote through my dealer was around double that. Maybe you will get offered a better price - or you could try elsewhere.

I decided that I wanted to upgrade to the RCD510 instead (and use an SD card). One significant problem with the RCD310 and a large MP3 collection is the unit's single line display and having to scroll through one item at a time.

Billecartz
29-06-2010, 10:15 PM
I was considering the MDI interface as well, but was put off when I got the quote... can't remember exactly what it was though. I remember I was expecting around $270, but I think the quote through my dealer was around double that. Maybe you will get offered a better price - or you could try elsewhere.

I decided that I wanted to upgrade to the RCD510 instead (and use an SD card). One significant problem with the RCD310 and a large MP3 collection is the unit's single line display and having to scroll through one item at a time.

I have the RCD510 with the MDI, I so far have used both the iPod and USB connections and they operate seamlessly with all music info etc.. I have yet to use a SD card however I would imagine it would be same provided you have the same information on the card as the other two devices.

Allegiance
30-06-2010, 06:59 PM
Decided against going for the MDI, it was $390 supplied excluding fitting.

Jun
01-07-2010, 08:02 AM
Lol! I got told by my dealer that MDI only worked with the touch screen RCD510. So that's what I got.

I don't care though I wanted it.

Jetta5
01-07-2010, 10:17 AM
As a factory option MDI and RCD510 are bundled together as the audio package.

As a dealer fitted accessory, you can get either individually but the price is far greater.