PDA

View Full Version : C a CC

PA.
21-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Since I ordered my CC I think I have only seen 2 or 3 cars in 6 months. Are they that rare or just invisible?

team_v
21-06-2010, 03:48 PM
Most of the australian public couldn't be bothered to wait 4 months for a premium car when for 70k they can have a top line commondore that is "bigger" and has 5 seats.

Highlander
21-06-2010, 07:41 PM
Since I ordered my CC I think I have only seen 2 or 3 cars in 6 months. Are they that rare or just invisible?

Invisible paint is a no cost option. There are whole highways, streets and parking lots full of CCs with the "invisible paint" option. Just very hard to see.

I've had mine for 6 months (icelandic grey - non invisible) and I have seen three non invisible CCs on the road in that time.

You miss out on thrills like an R36 Wagon spotting thread or practising the GTI wave or light flash but I am managing to survive the deprived existence. Might be because I couldn't be bothered buying a Commodore that was bigger and had 5 seats.

Rthirsty6
21-06-2010, 11:43 PM

So since you ordered your CC, you have only seen 2 or 3 cars in 6 Months?! That must confirm that you obviously made the right choice and now only consider one particular type of vehicle a car :dancing_smilie:

Plenty CC's going around here in Melbourne, see at least half a dozen each day (and that is without actually looking for them!). They are a great looking car!

Jayse
22-06-2010, 11:41 AM
Yep, was going to say the same thing..heaps in Melbs.

Cheers,

Jayse.

Charcoal007
22-06-2010, 09:28 PM

I picked mine up in January. I waited 7 months due to xmas and me being on holidays. I also did not see too many on the road, until recently. I saw 3 -4 just the other day. :banana:

chipped 2.0 TDi, panoramic roof and ABT rims

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/05/P1080996smallweb-2.jpg

Leagle
23-06-2010, 04:05 PM
Didn't you know: CC stands for Can't C (see).

Yea I know what you mean. I have had my CC for 6 months(ish) now and it is an "event" (almost worthy of a wave) when I see another one. Actually the 3.6 seems to be an even rarer sight. Most of the other CCs that I spot are the diesel version. So if that makes your car invisible, what does that make mine?

Enjoy your rare CC, rare CC. I think give it a few years and there will be a lot more once people cotton on how good value they are. I remember having a rare Audi A4 at one stage lol.

Highlander
29-07-2010, 11:43 PM
Didn't you know: CC stands for Can't C (see).

Yea I know what you mean. I have had my CC for 6 months(ish) now and it is an "event" (almost worthy of a wave) when I see another one. Actually the 3.6 seems to be an even rarer sight. Most of the other CCs that I spot are the diesel version. So if that makes your car invisible, what does that make mine?

Enjoy your rare CC, rare CC. I think give it a few years and there will be a lot more once people cotton on how good value they are. I remember having a rare Audi A4 at one stage lol.

Saw 4 CCs in Bowral today, all on different occasions, all different colours and all V6.
I think it's more than I have seen in the 9 months I have had mine

PA.
30-07-2010, 03:13 PM
My Commodore got rear ended last night I expect it will be classified as a write off so I need to go pick my CC up as it's been sitting at the dealers for the last 3 weeks waiting for my business partners R36 wagon to arrive so we can take delivery of them at the same time.

My wife was driving the Commodore and I was driving her Mercedes SLK in front and when she got hit in the rear she then cannoned into me so I had two of my cars hit at the one time. The SLK didn't suffer too much but I expect it will still cost $5000 to fix.

Both my wife and myself are fine. The 20 year old P plate driver in the uninsured Falcon was dazed as she didn't see it happen because when she looked up from her phone there was a big white bag in front of her and her car was filled with white smoke from the air bags.

Greg Roles
30-07-2010, 04:35 PM
I reckon the CC is just a pure class act, droolworthy, and they sure stick out to me. But I agree I don't see many around.

tessie
30-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Had my CC since late January, mocha TDI, love it, more I drive it the more I appreciate it. And driving it I'm certainly doing, I've racked up 13,000 km, more than I intended but business requires it at the moment. With all this driving I see very few CC's, which I think is a good thing. The last CC I saw, which was last monday, (I think) was banged up in a nose to tail on the western ring-road. Not too bad, but not nice to see. They really are a great piece of kit for the money, I don't think I could drive Japanese again after experiencing a German-built machine.

PA.
03-08-2010, 05:27 PM
I saw a CC yesterday! Not too far from where my Commodore was killed last week.

V6Passat
04-08-2010, 09:33 AM
In Brisvages, I see maybe a couple a week - even split between the TD and v6. Part of me still regrets not getting the CC...maybe in 2 years time when I am due to replace my V6 Highline. By then it might have 5 seats too...

Psyk
04-08-2010, 10:05 AM
I have a short trip to work and make the occasional visit to the City. I see maybe one or two each time I head into the city.

I got my CC late 2009 and they were rarer than hens teeth on the road back then. Certainly more common now... I tend to see more Diesels as well.

PA.
04-08-2010, 01:33 PM
In Brisvages, I see maybe a couple a week - even split between the TD and v6. Part of me still regrets not getting the CC...maybe in 2 years time when I am due to replace my V6 Highline. By then it might have 5 seats too...

I understand you can get the 5 seat option now at no additional cost.

V6Passat
04-08-2010, 02:13 PM
I understand you can get the 5 seat option now at no additional cost.

awesome...looks like no barriers for my next car....

PA.
09-09-2010, 11:04 AM
I saw a Silver Leaf CC in the side of a bus yesterday, err I should say on the side of a bus. There is a bus getting around Adelaide with a advertising banner of the side of it promoting the CC. Looks classy if only a little 2 dimensional.

dylan8
09-09-2010, 12:30 PM
I see as many CC Passats around town as Mk5-Mk6 golfs. and our closest dealer ship it 2hrs drive away

PA.
14-09-2010, 01:46 PM
I saw a White CC yesterday in Colonel Light Gardens (SA). First 3 dimensional one for awhile.

Chowny
04-10-2010, 10:51 AM
spotted one just a moment ago when i walked past my garage :)

PA.
04-10-2010, 11:18 PM
Saw a Silver CC the other day.

My wife's SLK230 was a $12,000 repair from being hit. (For those following this thread when I said how both our cars got hit at once).

PA.
04-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Saw a Silver Leaf CC today, mine! Picked up the new baby.

PA.
12-11-2010, 09:14 PM
Seen 2 CC's this week. A Silver Leaf in Hutt St and a Black beauty on Anzac Highway in SA.

Leagle
19-11-2010, 05:49 AM
I see quite a few CCs now in Sydney (still relatively rare though). I think a relatively close neighbor recently bought a metallic grey one! Bit I still reckon that silver leaf (together with reflex silver) is the best colour! It really suits the tech feel and styling the most! :)

PA.
05-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Saw a Black CC in Adelaide today with the number plate XX 036 C which I thought was quite good.

genkifd
06-02-2011, 07:04 AM
follow a sliver CC with my white cc out of Melbourne CBD on friday.

Static
06-02-2011, 07:18 AM
Saw 2 yesterday in Brisbane -and within 5 mins. But probably only see a couple a week normally.

ScottyP
07-03-2011, 12:23 PM
I had a guy ask me last week if my CC was 'the new Passat'? :cool:

Really surprises me that there are so few CCs on the road. Then again, I see little if any marketing effort by VW focused on the car. Far too busy selling Golfs I guess. The CC will no doubt be further overlooked when 'the new' Passat is launched.

ADAC
25-03-2011, 10:09 AM
White CC on the Hume Freeway, Ettamogah around 8am this morning. First CC I've seen since placing my CC order 3 weeks ago.

tessie
25-03-2011, 03:18 PM
I like it that they're rare......makes owning one even more enjoyable. C lassy C ar.

PA.
02-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Had to go to the Adelaide Airport today to pick something up. I jumped out at the Departure area and went inside whilst my wife did a lap. When I came out, the security person asked me if my CC was the new Passat. Told him the story about the CC and he said it's the best looking car he has ever seen. So to all fellow CC driver, well chosen.

ScottyP
27-04-2011, 11:13 AM
White CC diesel spotted this morning in Sydney. Heading west on the City Westlink towards Leichhardt.

Static
27-04-2011, 07:42 PM
I'm really just interested in seeing mine ..... tap, tap, tap

PA.
15-05-2011, 11:28 PM
Saturday morning CC's a plenty. Saw 3 Silver Leafs and one Black Beauty all in the space of 20 minutes. Drove my wife made, "You men and your cars".