PDA

View Full Version : Official Dyno Graph?

Wand Weaver
09-04-2007, 01:02 PM
I'm looking for an official dyno graph for the 1.8T - something along this line:

http://static.blogo.it/autoblog/audi_18_tfsi_engine_02.gif (that's for the new 1.8TFSI that will possibly end up in VWs soon).

I know Audi releases them with every new model/engine, but does anyone have a copy of the one for the 1.8T? I've been hunting around and can't find a trace of it. All the dyno graphs I have found seem to be representations of "wheel horsepower" and usually traced with an aftermarket ECU.

Any idea where I should be looking?

mitch_gti
09-04-2007, 06:09 PM
I got 93 kw from stock GTI 1.8t polo :)

Didnt have a torque line though so i wont put it up.

The power was a bit shakey up the top too. up and down a bit.

Dont tell me our motor is being replaced soon :( ohh thats poo

shaneth
09-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Wand weaver i think in the polo on roids thread Guy has a before and after of his polo. Also on the 21st Bug_racer is having a dyno day where both a giac and apr chipped polo will be there. Should be good to see. From what i have seen 93 -95 kw at wheel is about right. If you want a genuine one from VW i havent seen one.

representations of "wheel horsepower" and usually traced with an aftermarket ECU.
what do you mean?

As for the Polo motor being replaced. IF and When it ever happens who cares. imho. We have a great motor that has heaps of potential. And has lasted a long time so its a strong motor.

Wand Weaver
09-04-2007, 09:12 PM
what do you mean?

Basically, I was looking for a trace of the flywheel power and torque figures, preferably a VW/Audi one, but definitely from a stocker.

The reason for the request is that I'm compiling up a bit of a Polo FAQ site which I'll post the link to if/when it has enough meaningful content to speak of. I'll happily host dyno traces of chipped cars for a comparison - but the official stock one eludes me.

As for the engine being replaced - I don't think the 1.8T would be replaced in the 9N3. I'm guessing that the new Polo will probably get the more powerful, and more efficient 1.4TSI from the Golf GT, which is of a newer engine generation.

shaneth
09-04-2007, 09:23 PM
ill try and look for you as well.

Wand Weaver
09-04-2007, 09:49 PM
ill try and look for you as well.

Cheers shaneth :)

mitch_gti
10-04-2007, 09:05 PM
So what will the 1.8 tfsi go into?

Wand Weaver
10-04-2007, 10:35 PM
My guess is that it'll probably replace the 2.0FSI in the Golf - a huge pointer to that is that it's being delivered in the Audi A3, which generally shares quite a bit of componentry with the Golf.

SoVeReIgN
15-04-2007, 02:11 PM
My guess is that it'll probably replace the 2.0FSI in the Golf - a huge pointer to that is that it's being delivered in the Audi A3, which generally shares quite a bit of componentry with the Golf.

Yep I've heard from a few sources that this new 1.8TFSI is going to replace the 2.0TFSI