PDA

View Full Version : Gear shifter refitting?

Caddyman
15-06-2010, 07:05 PM
Hi all, have just fitted RNS510 and bluetooth to my caddy, I pulled off the (DSG) gear shifter to remove the front of the centre console, and now when I have put the gear shifter back on, the button is stuck all the way in, it will not come out when I put it back on the stick and thus it won't come out of park unless I take the shifter off and pull the green shaft up, then it works..... I suspect I may have broken something when taking it off, but there does not seem to be anything broken.

???? HELP!!!!:(

thanks

Matthew

Oli
21-06-2010, 10:11 AM
hi mate
from memory when i last time did you have to pull silver button to max (dont brake it) hold in that position and slide down all the way..it should lock up by itself ..
Cheers
Oli

swingn
23-06-2010, 11:33 AM
How much did the RNS510 set you back?

Been looking into aftermarket options for Satnav & Bluetooth which can be done fairly cheaply, but would prefer to stick to VW genuine stuff if the price is right :D

Also wouldn't mind putting a reverse camera on as well... Park sensors that were sitting locally by the dealer are rubbish & they aren't exactly keen to do anything about it :(