PDA

View Full Version : Sat Nav issues!

shogun2
08-04-2007, 09:45 AM
Hi All,

The Multivan has the Eurovox cartridge based sat nav installed. We didn't actually want it when we ordered the van, but I wanted the rear camera, and was told that we needed the sat nav for the video screen ...
Anyway, after nearly two years of ownership I found a bug.
There is a whole suburb missing from the info on the unit.
I have spoken to my dealer service person many times, and I understand that he has spoken and requested an update from VW, but has not had any reply.
I recently tried to contact VW direct via email, and have not even had the courtesy of a "message received" reply.
I'm getting really p*ssed off by the lack of action.
Any thoughts on what the next course of action would be?
Anyone have a specific person in VWG I could contact?
Rod:mad:

phaeton
08-04-2007, 09:53 AM
Matthew Wiesner is VGA Press & Public Relations Manager I'd try him.

Good Luck Rod ;)

shogun2
16-07-2007, 06:15 PM
I took the step of sending an email to the MD of Solitaire here in Adelaide detailing the problem I was having in getting anyone to recognise there was a problem with the Sat Nav. To the credit of David Smoker, he answered my email with a call to my mobile within 30 minutes of me sending the email - and this was on a Sunday.
He acknowledged that I had a problem that required solving, and undertook to follow up. I had a call from the Solitaire Service Manager on the Monday, who said that VWA were now following up on my complaint. It has now been four weeks since the email, and they have kept to their word and kept me informed.
It is my understanding that VWG are testing a replacement for the Eurovox system, and hope to have a replacement available in a couple of weeks.
So - for anyone else out there that has the Eurovox Sat Nav - speak to your dealer about a replacement.
Rod

phaeton
16-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Thanks for update Rod ;)