PDA

View Full Version : QLD Water damaged Nokia N97 - $200 or swaps for Mk5 GTI

maca
11-06-2010, 01:29 AM
Black Nokia N97 with water damaged internals.

It's worked fine since returning from the Nokia Care Centre, but it might start behaving in an unpredictable manner as some components have corrosion. Features like camera, wifi, MP3 player all work fine and the phone was restored to factory settings when returned to Nokia for repair.

Features:
5mp camera
Wifi
Full QWERTY keyboard
Video calling capabilities
FM transmitter
MP3 player
Has travelled to Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas and New York on Virgin Australia (consider it a rockstar, as it's had the treatment).

Asking $200 including postage (would rather not ship to Tasmania, as air freight causes dramas for the battery) or swaps for an MY08+ CW 5dr Mk5 GTI with leather, DSG and sunroof.

PM me if you're interested, could be a great project phone (would love to see the build thread).

Ps. I have no idea how the device was water damaged, it's never been so much as near water/humidity.

Treza360
11-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Will you take an MY07 GTI. I have my Dad's at the moment with that exact spec, it also has rear park sensors and balance of extended warranty (an additional 2 years and 11 months). An opportunity like this is too good to pass up, I'm sure he won't mind.
Cheers,
Trent

maca
11-06-2010, 09:07 PM
Will you take an MY07 GTI. I have my Dad's at the moment with that exact spec, it also has rear park sensors and balance of extended warranty (an additional 2 years and 11 months). An opportunity like this is too good to pass up, I'm sure he won't mind.
Cheers,
Trent

I'm stretching it to a white MY08 TFSI Jetta. But sorry, I won't be accepting your offer. I'll PM you my bank account details for the funds transfer.

Treza360
12-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Oh well. Maybe next time hey. :P
Cheers,
Trent

maca
15-06-2010, 03:20 PM
Thanks to all that have shown interest, but the phone has been sold.

(I'm not lying either, someone's actually bought it.)