PDA

View Full Version : Performance chip for Ibiza 96

KPH
06-04-2007, 06:47 AM
Hello!
I'm looking for one of those performance boosting chips, for my recently bought 96' Seat Ibiza.

I'm completley clueless on internet searching, and found this forum through Wikipedia, so I thought someone could lend a helping hand.
So can anyone give me some clues on how, or where can I buy one of those?

I need the seller to be able to ship it worldwide (Eilat, Israel).

Thanks in advance fellow Seat folks! :)

brackie
06-04-2007, 08:47 AM
Great choice of car and fantastic value for money ;)

Be careful with chipping and understand the differences between chips, tuning boxes and flashes before you do anything. There are a lot of posts about altering ECU settings and they're mostly found in the Golf 5 and Polo sections of this forum. Just do a search. Also remember that you need unbiased comparisons when choosing which way to go. This sort of modification is in dangerous waters on internet forums :mad:

ibeezer
06-04-2007, 12:17 PM
Ive been on the hunt for a chip for my 16v ibiza for a while. GIAC are trying to sort one for me, but i havent heard back from them yet. SEATs are real popular in the UK and europe, im sure theres a heap of performance shops over there who could help.

Bora Sport
06-04-2007, 01:39 PM
Please keep us informed about the 16V Ibiza chip. Maybe we can get two.

ibeezer
06-04-2007, 01:56 PM
ok, should be soon.

h100vw
06-04-2007, 02:04 PM
I bought one off a pommie from ebay.co.uk. I have an 8V Ibiza, I am pleased with the chip, the car runs nice, need to run quality petrol as it's more prone to pinking.

Not sure there is a big jump in performance on mine but I know that the 16V will get to 175bhp with just a chip.

Will post a link in a bit

Gavin

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Golf-MK3-GTI-2-0L-16V-ABF-Performance-Chip-24AB-24BE_W0QQitemZ320098087510QQcategoryZ32094QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

ibeezer
06-04-2007, 07:08 PM
Thanks Gavin

ibeezer
09-04-2007, 07:04 PM
Its not much money, so i went ahead and ordered a chip from powerchips. I'll let ya'l know how it goes when i get it

h100vw
09-04-2007, 07:06 PM
I would be good to hear when you get it fitted.

Keep us updated.

Gavin

Valver.
10-04-2007, 08:09 AM
I lost 2.5kW with a Powerchip on my old Ibiza 16v... I sent them both dynos and got a refund!! I've heard similar stories from Aussiefrogs with the GTI Pugs :(

This was the overly expensive Gold 98 chip aswell :o

ibeezer
10-04-2007, 09:58 PM
Ah well, its a low cost risk, i'll give it a try. Did it give any improvements at all Valver?

h100vw
10-04-2007, 10:32 PM
I lost 2.5kW with a Powerchip on my old Ibiza 16v... I sent them both dynos and got a refund!! I've heard similar stories from Aussiefrogs with the GTI Pugs :(

This was the overly expensive Gold 98 chip aswell :o

This isn't powerchips in Australia, it's a fella with the same name in the UK.

I saw a stunning maybe 6 KW increase on a Passat last year. It had an Australian Powerchip in and you wouldn't have known. I Custom-Coded it and the owner couldn't believe the difference with real software.

Gavin

Valver.
11-04-2007, 08:14 AM
This isn't powerchips in Australia, it's a fella with the same name in the UK.

Gavin

It's all the same company AFAIK, as I ordered it through the Aussie dealer :)

Some of the European chips are excellent. I had a JDE one in my blue Mk1 and it was awesome :D

ibeezer
03-05-2007, 11:38 PM
Got the chip i ordered a few weeks ago, but hadnt got around to fitting it till tonight. Alright, so i plugged the "Powerchip" in an took her for a short fang. First impressions are good. She starts ok.(Thank fook i put the chip in the right way). Nice smooth idle. Had'nt noticed much difference till i found a qiute stretch of road an gave her some welly. Oh Yeah, it defnatly pulls harder now. At about 80k's in 4th i buried me foot all the way, didnt take long to get see 180km/h, an there was some more to go. Dunno if it was my imagination, but i thought the induction noise sounded way better. At lower speed too, i noticed it was easier to get away in 3rd. Shes using more fuel, but not much more. Stock chip, id get around 7.5- 8ltr/100k. Now i get 8-9. Which i reckon is not bad. Tho it was still getting better mileage as i drove home. So id say its money well spent. Thanks again for the link Gavin.

h100vw
04-05-2007, 08:51 AM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

redflip
28-05-2007, 09:15 AM
Me as a swedish person have to say even though seat is bigger here in europe it's hard to come by a good chip for ibizas and such.
I've been planning to juice my car up but can't seem to find anything for it(not even in europe^^).