PDA

View Full Version : Wakefield day

FL00DY
05-04-2007, 09:38 PM
Hi all. There are a few MINI friends trying to put on a day at Wakefield Park in Goulburn. It will be a full day with Timing, and looking to get 30 people. With 30 people it will be $130 each + Wakefield License $50 for 12 months if you don't have it already. The $130 includes timing and the cost of an ambo.

At the moment there is only 11 or so MINI Drivers confirmed and a very poor amount of Vortex drivers. The next available Friday is the 20th, which doesn't leave much time left. The track has not been booked yet, but if we don't get numbers and the costs rise then we'll post-pone it.

So who wants in?

Sorry guys ignore this. Just been told the 20th has been taken and this wont go ahead this month.

gpk_gti
06-04-2007, 10:10 AM
hey mate,
sorry to be a noob,but could you explain to me the structure of the racing? is at all cars at once or 10 at a time? overtaking on the straight?or everywhere? >
used to go to the track alot years ago with my vr6.have lost touch with all my contacts.
ive got a bit of a vacuum leak somewhere which I have to look at after the nats. so if you guys have a day after next month ill definatly be in.

FL00DY
06-04-2007, 10:22 AM
hey mate,
sorry to be a noob,but could you explain to me the structure of the racing? is at all cars at once or 10 at a time? overtaking on the straight?or everywhere? >
used to go to the track alot years ago with my vr6.have lost touch with all my contacts.
ive got a bit of a vacuum leak somewhere which I have to look at after the nats. so if you guys have a day after next month ill definatly be in.

It's not a race day. We were aiming at 30 cars and prob split that into levels of car speed. And the cars just go out and do what ever laps they think the car handle, normally 8 laps. Overtaking is generally frowned upon but down the straights are OK and if a slow car puts his indicators on then he's saying pass me on that side.

Will post again if we organise another day.

gpk_gti
06-04-2007, 10:27 AM
ok ,that sounds good.im more interested in a day like that,not the "race style" days. if you organise another day,keep me in mind.
you coming to the nats?

FL00DY
06-04-2007, 10:31 AM
ok ,that sounds good.im more interested in a day like that,not the "race style" days. if you organise another day,keep me in mind.
you coming to the nats?

Yup sure am. Need a fair bit or washing work done on the GTI though :(

gpk_gti
06-04-2007, 10:37 AM
great! we'll talk then!!

ibeezer
06-04-2007, 01:47 PM
Did a track day last October at Wakefield through circuitclub.com.au. It was a long way to go but im glad i went. Loads of different cars were there, stuff like old corollas, mx5s, countless hondas, a couple of serious track cars too. A diesel Toureg put in a few hot laps, and a newish merc AMG turned up. If youre due for new tyres its the best way to finish em off.