PDA

View Full Version : New Polo - I've got one!

Pages : [1] 2 3

cjeff
25-05-2010, 11:30 AM
hi all, just thought I'd let you know that I picked up a new Polo for my GF last week. I had to ring every dealer in Sydney, plus a couple in Brisbanem Melbourne and ACT to find one with the Sport Pack and Comfort Pack and not wait for 5-6 months.

Ended up getting one from McGraths VW in Sutherland (Sydney). It's a Comfortline TSI in Manual, with Sport Pack, and Comfort Pack and added we added Carpet Mats. For those looking for one with both the Comfort Pack and Sport Pack, Denlo VW in Parramatta have one as demonstrator that they'll sell too (although it already had 250kms on it 1.5 weeks ago...)

I'll get some picks up soon - they're on my iPhone and I don't have my cable with me (funny how a simple nokia could transfer photo's to my laptop via bluetooth but an over priced POS can't do it...).

With the turbo, I don't think we're going to see the fuel economy figures VW are quoting, but for what it is, I think it will great. After 250kms since picking it up, we're averaging about 8.2L/100 City driving (off peak traffic too).

One thing that is annoying me though is the engine management that hopefully a APR chip can change later. In first gear the ECU is clearly limiting the boost, the pick up is just stunted until you get to second gear, which means to get it going I'm short shifting 1st as soon as revs are high enough to get boost in 2nd gear. I have no idea why VW have limited the boost in 1st gear it's not like its a Mazda 3 MPS with 190KW...

Actually on second thought, it may not be boost limited, it could just be throttle mapped differently. The reason I say this is because VW have specified in the running in procedures (and I don't want to start a running in procedures debate either right now or ever for that matter) to not use full throttle until after 1500kms, and I wonder if it's just programmed not to boost fully in 1st unless the throttle is fully depressed. All as I know is that with about 50-70% throttle in 1st, boost is non existent compared with 2nd gear. I spoke to the dealer about this on the follow up phone call I had with him yesterday, but he didn't really know the technical details of what exactly was happening, all he basically said was that's the way it is.

Anyway, since at the price point, we had been looking at 2nd hand Golf MKV Sportlines for my GF, getting a brand new car with the same features (climate control etc etc) has worked out great. We would have like one with leather too, but we were lucky just to get the one with Comfort Pack and Sport Pack as it is (we couldn't wait 5 months for a car...)

Buller_Scott
25-05-2010, 12:04 PM
i went to check one out at the dealership the other day. they are definitely a VERY nice car.

especially in metallic colors, and with the dash/steering wheel etc. they look like much more car than they cost, for sure.

congrats!

but we need pics!

dave_r
25-05-2010, 12:23 PM
hi all, just thought I'd let you know that I picked up a new Polo for my GF last week. I had to ring every dealer in Sydney, plus a couple in Brisbanem Melbourne and ACT to find one with the Sport Pack and Comfort Pack and not wait for 5-6 months.
Tried the same with no luck and had to order.

One thing that is annoying me though is the engine management that hopefully a APR chip can change later. In first gear the ECU is clearly limiting the boost, the pick up is just stunted until you get to second gear, which means to get it going I'm short shifting 1st as soon as revs are high enough to get boost in 2nd gear.
I found the same thing with the manual, found it slightly annoying as I'd get into 2nd as soon as possible.

break
25-05-2010, 12:40 PM
One thing that is annoying me though is the engine management that hopefully a APR chip can change later. In first gear the ECU is clearly limiting the boost, the pick up is just stunted until you get to second gear, which means to get it going I'm short shifting 1st as soon as revs are high enough to get boost in 2nd gear. I have no idea why VW have limited the boost in 1st gear it's not like its a Mazda 3 MPS with 190KW...You'll likely find it isn't boost limited, instead you just can't generate enough load in 1st gear to produce the gasses required to generate full boost, as the MKV Polo GTI's suffer from (and a number of other turbo cars)

Try accelerating from standstill in 1st up a steep hill, you should feel a big difference in the boost.

AMG63
25-05-2010, 12:44 PM
I've picked up my Candy White TSI 1.2 DSG last saturday, and did 500km till now. I like the built quality and the overall safety features and design (body lines,headlight and rear lights), the only thing Im not satisfied are the susspension which is too soft for me, especially when I corner in higher speed, felt nervous. The standard 15in and tyre is not wide enough. Other than that, I,m happy with the standard equipement, it will be nice to have the sports pack on top for only $1500. The best part is the DSG, it felt very fast and really gives the car more sporty feel.

cjeff
25-05-2010, 01:08 PM
You'll likely find it isn't boost limited, instead you just can't generate enough load in 1st gear to produce the gasses required to generate full boost, as the MKV Polo GTI's suffer from.

Try accelerating from standstill in 1st up a steep hill, you should feel a big difference in the boost.

I haven't tested what you're suggesting yet, but I'm not leaning towards this way thinking as from all the turbo cars I've owned (4 Subaru's, a Peugeot, and an Astra), none of them have responded this way. I do realise that this car is only a 1.2 however.

Have you driven a new Polo yourself? If you've driven one, I think you'd understand more what I mean. That said, I'll have a crack tonight (there's a significantly steep street near where I live...)

break
25-05-2010, 01:12 PM
I haven't tested what you're suggesting yet, but I'm not leaning towards this way thinking as from all the turbo cars I've owned (4 Subaru's, a Peugeot, and an Astra), none of them have responded this way. I do realise that this car is only a 1.2 however.

Have you driven a new Polo yourself? If you've driven one, I think you'd understand more what I mean. That said, I'll have a crack tonight (there's a significantly steep street near where I live...)I haven't driven a new Polo yet, no.

But both my old MY05 WRX WRP10 and my current MKV Polo GTI have troubles hitting full boost in 1st gear, simply because by the time I get any load on the motor to build boost I have to shift as I've run out of rpm.

The other thing you can do is (be careful doing this) is put your foot on the brake, and on the accelerator at the same time using the brakes to prevent the car from accelerating and putting the engine under load. Hell, I wouldn't be suprised if they prevent this in modern cars (I haven't tried in years) by taking off the throttle as soon as the brake is applied. That said, again... be careful if you choose to do this.

cjeff
25-05-2010, 01:14 PM
the only thing Im not satisfied are the susspension which is too soft for me, especially when I corner in higher speed, felt nervous.

I haven't really "tried" out the sport pack yet, but from going round a few corners a bit spirited, I can tell that the sport pack is quite stiff, how much stiffer over the standard I'm not sure, but either way for $1500, what you get is quite a bargain. 17's, plus tyres, plus suspension, plus fog lights, plus static turning lights (built into the foggies and works quite well although my Peugeot 207 did it better) - you couldn't buy all that for $1500.

Hope you enjoy the Candy White - we would have like that colour too, but with so little stock, colour was one thing we went without.

cjeff
25-05-2010, 01:20 PM
I haven't driven a new Polo yet, no.

But both my old MY05 WRX WRP10 and my current MKV Polo GTI have troubles hitting full boost in 1st gear, simply because by the time I get any load on the motor to build boost I have to shift as I've run out of rpm.

The other thing you can do is (be careful doing this) is put your foot on the brake, and on the accelerator at the same time using the brakes to prevent the car from accelerating and putting the engine under load. Hell, I wouldn't be suprised if they prevent this in modern cars (I haven't tried in years) by taking off the throttle as soon as the brake is applied. That said, again... be careful if you choose to do this.

With the accelerator and brake thing, I don't know about from a standing start whether it'll let you, but it does allow brake and accelerator at the same time as I've tried out the heel and toe and it responds quite nicely (in fact the pedal placement for heel and toe on this thing is actually quite nice).

break
25-05-2010, 01:22 PM
With the accelerator and brake thing, I don't know about from a standing start whether it'll let you, but it does allow brake and accelerator at the same time as I've tried out the heel and toe and it responds quite nicely (in fact the pedal placement for heel and toe on this thing is actually quite nice).Sorry, I should have specified... definitely something to do on the roll, NOT from a standstill.

But yeah... good to hear about the pedal position. The pedals on the MKV Polo GTI are HORRIBLE for heel toe :(

Jetta5
25-05-2010, 02:26 PM
In first gear the ECU is clearly limiting the boost, the pick up is just stunted until you get to second gear, which means to get it going I'm short shifting 1st as soon as revs are high enough to get boost in 2nd gear.

I noticed the same thing when I test drove the manual. Didn't notice it in the short test drive I had in the DSG though.

dave_r
25-05-2010, 04:51 PM
I noticed the same thing when I test drove the manual. Didn't notice it in the short test drive I had in the DSG though.

Good to hear it wasn't noticable in the DSG. I think its ECU related not due to the car being unable to produce enough load. If you change into 2nd straight away it has heaps of go at low speed. Great little car.

Sharkie
25-05-2010, 06:15 PM
You'll likely find it isn't boost limited, instead you just can't generate enough load in 1st gear to produce the gasses required to generate full boost, as the MKV Polo GTI's suffer from

???? My GTI was able to hit 1.5bar (23+PSI) easily in 1st gear ... so not sure whats wrong with your car .... its definately not a Polo GTI trait ....

break
26-05-2010, 08:48 AM
???? My GTI was able to hit 1.5bar (23+PSI) easily in 1st gear ... so not sure whats wrong with your car .... its definately not a Polo GTI trait ....It's the same problem as many other turbo cars, if you can't put the load on the motor you're not going to build the boost.

Launch a Polo GTI at 4k rpm and by the time you hit any boost you have to change, not to mention boost is tapered down to ~15psi on most tunes by then anyway.

Allegiance
26-05-2010, 01:20 PM
I got a Black 1.2TSI, DSG, Sports pack to be delivered by the 15th of June :banana: I am very happy!

AMG63
26-05-2010, 02:14 PM
I haven't really "tried" out the sport pack yet, but from going round a few corners a bit spirited, I can tell that the sport pack is quite stiff, how much stiffer over the standard I'm not sure, but either way for $1500, what you get is quite a bargain. 17's, plus tyres, plus suspension, plus fog lights, plus static turning lights (built into the foggies and works quite well although my Peugeot 207 did it better) - you couldn't buy all that for $1500.

Hope you enjoy the Candy White - we would have like that colour too, but with so little stock, colour was one thing we went without.

Thanks, which colour did you end up with? yes SPORT pack is really worth it, now i regret I didnt get the silver one with the sport pack.

Spec83
26-05-2010, 10:37 PM
pedals on the MKV Polo GTI are HORRIBLE for heel toe :(

I strongly disagree... You must not be doing it right ;)

Might trundle down and have a drive of one of the TSI's or TDI's at Austral on the weekend :)

break
27-05-2010, 11:36 AM
I strongly disagree... You must not be doing it right ;)'cept the norm for sports cars is all pedals are near level at their neutral position, where the Polo has the accelerator pedal a good few inches deeper into the footwell.

I actually find the pedals quite uncomfortable because of it, even just in normal driving.

Casper
27-05-2010, 11:52 AM
I got a Black 1.2TSI, DSG, Sports pack to be delivered by the 15th of June :banana: I am very happy!

Hey Allegiance - mind if I ask where in Aus you are and when you ordered? I ordered the exact same car 2 weeks ago and was told I'd have to wait til at least July, and even then I might have to settle for dark grey instead of black... Cheers :)

Allegiance
28-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Hey Allegiance - mind if I ask where in Aus you are and when you ordered?

Hey Casper, I am in Melbourne. I had to call around nearly every deaer in VIC to find it. The dealer already had one on order hence the small delay. I know the Narre Warren dealer had a silver 1.2Tsi, DSG, Sports pack in stock about a week ago but they are a bunch of idiots.

EDIT: Sorry forgot to mention that I ordered it on the 15th May.

Casper
30-05-2010, 11:16 PM
Hey Casper, I am in Melbourne. I had to call around nearly every deaer in VIC to find it. The dealer already had one on order hence the small delay. I know the Narre Warren dealer had a silver 1.2Tsi, DSG, Sports pack in stock about a week ago but they are a bunch of idiots.

EDIT: Sorry forgot to mention that I ordered it on the 15th May.

Cheers for that :) You ordered the exact same car on the same day as me haha... They told me when ordering that they'd be able to transfer one from another dealer, and that I should have it by July... Hope they weren't pulling my leg just to make the sale!

Allegiance
31-05-2010, 12:24 AM
Cheers for that :) You ordered the exact same car on the same day as me haha... They told me when ordering that they'd be able to transfer one from another dealer, and that I should have it by July... Hope they weren't pulling my leg just to make the sale!

Let us know what happens! It certainly is a rare combo.

Casper
31-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Saw the dealer today - my car is due to be built around the 15th June, and should be delivered by late July/early August (I hope)...

Allegiance
31-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Saw the dealer today - my car is due to be built around the 15th June, and should be delivered by late July/early August (I hope)...

Very much doubt your car would arrive July/August if it is being built on the 15th June. I would get that in writing if that is what they have said. By the time I get my car it will have been nearly a month and it was only one week away from docking in Melbourne.

Blitzen
31-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Good on you for the buy mate.... I hope it works out well for you. I'm still not sold on the new look of the Polo however...

Just on what Break was saying... I have never had a problem with mine coming on to boost or heal/toeing. The pedals are perfect for me. Is your car chipped or have you done any intake work? I ask, as even before I got chipped, boost was coming on at around 2750rpm for me, and then after the chipping, boost was coming on very strong from about 2500rpm and carring on to just before redline. that was though all of the gears.

Billecartz
31-05-2010, 10:28 PM
Very much doubt your car would arrive July/August if it is being built on the 15th June. I would get that in writing if that is what they have said. By the time I get my car it will have been nearly a month and it was only one week away from docking in Melbourne.

Our car arrived at the dealer today :-) It was built on the 19th of May in South Africa and was unloaded of the ship last Monday at Port Kembla. So that makes it about 6 weeks after the build date.

Casper
31-05-2010, 10:42 PM
Our car arrived at the dealer today :-) It was built on the 19th of May in South Africa and was unloaded of the ship last Monday at Port Kembla. So that makes it about 6 weeks after the build date.

Awesome :D fingers crossed mine arrives so quickly... I guess the time between build date and delivery would vary depending on how long it takes to fill the ship with cars...

FJ Steve
01-06-2010, 11:27 AM
Hmmm....I make that 13 days. Did you mean May or March?

Billecartz
01-06-2010, 06:07 PM
I mean't April!

Allegiance
11-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Picked up my Polo today! Very happy with it so far. It was built on the 1st of April so the delivery time was pretty good. I will take some pics tomorrow!

Casper
12-06-2010, 03:59 PM
Picked up my Polo today! Very happy with it so far. It was built on the 1st of April so the delivery time was pretty good. I will take some pics tomorrow!

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing the pics - especially since it's exactly how mine will look! :)

Allegiance
12-06-2010, 06:27 PM
Congrats! Looking forward to seeing the pics - especially since it's exactly how mine will look! :)

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f128/new-polo-pics-info-44343-7.html#post520539 :banana:

darkfriend
25-06-2010, 07:12 PM
Went for a test-drive in Wangara WA of the 1.2 TSI Polo today with my girlfriend who's thinking of getting one. Nice. Handles quite well and had more power than I thought it would. Saw a new Golf R in the showroom and wanted it. Wow.

Didn't get to meet the legendary Dermot though.. we were served by another rather nice chap before we could ask...

Anyway, like the look of the Polo and the drive is pretty good for what you pay.

Casper
05-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Got a message from the VW dealer today that my Polo which was supposedly being built mid-June and delivered early August is now being built late July and being delivered who-knows-when!?!?!

Needless to say, I am pissed!! :mad:

What should I do in this situation? Just grin and bear it? Or jump up and down and demand either something be done about it or a further discount etc? I'm not real good at kicking up a fuss over these sort of things LOL

Allegiance
05-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Got a message from the VW dealer today that my Polo which was supposedly being built mid-June and delivered early August is now being built late July and being delivered who-knows-when!?!?!

What should I do in this situation? Just grin and bear it? Or jump up and down and demand either something be done about it or a further discount etc? I'm not real good at kicking up a fuss over these sort of things LOL

I would be kicking up a fuss. Is there anything that wasn't included in your deal that you now want? i.e. MDI etc.

Casper
05-07-2010, 09:34 PM
I would be kicking up a fuss. Is there anything that wasn't included in your deal that you now want? i.e. MDI etc.

I originally wanted the comfort pack as well, but they told me it wasn't possible to get it along with the sports pack - just one or the other... Of course, I've since discovered that was crap too :P Do you think I might be able to get this included with my car for no extra cost? Has anyone had experience in this sort of thing?

Jetta5
05-07-2010, 11:54 PM
I originally wanted the comfort pack as well, but they told me it wasn't possible to get it along with the sports pack - just one or the other... Of course, I've since discovered that was crap too :P Do you think I might be able to get this included with my car for no extra cost? Has anyone had experience in this sort of thing?

The sports pack and comfort package are factory fitted items and need to be ordered in advance if there doesn't happen to be such a car already in the production pipeline and unsold. If you were prepared to wait 3-4 months, you could order whatever factory options you wanted.

Due to the delay, you might be able to negotiate a dealer fitted accessory to be thrown in - such as bluetooth or the MDI connection. Anyway, what I would do is basically be honest and say "I'm quite disappointed about the delay as I really needed the car by mid August to [insert something here]." Wait for response from your salesperson. "Could you offer me anything to make up for the delay? I would be happy if you could offer me the [xyz] accessory to make up for the mistake."

Check your contract of sale - I think there may be a clause about how late the delivery can be before you can back out (if you wanted).

Casper
06-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Yeah thanks I realise they're factory fitted options, but since there's still roughly 3 weeks before my car is now scheduled to be built, surely they could add the comfort pack to the order?

I checked my contract last night and it states I can cancel if it takes more than 60 days to deliver the vehicle, so that would be in about a weeks time.

I tried calling the dealer this morning on his mobile to get more information about the delay (he sent me a text yesterday and didn't respond to my reply text) and he rejected my call! I'm seriously considering just cancelling the order and going somewhere else...

Jun
06-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Sorry Casper I really have nothing constructive to say.
What a prick!
You should definately not deal with this joker any more.

Is that 60 days, after the promised delivery time?

Allegiance
06-07-2010, 11:15 PM
I would be cancelling!

FJ Steve
07-07-2010, 07:49 AM
If I didn't know better....I'd be suggesting that your dealer has allocated your vehicle to someone who was prepared to pay a better price..or a more preferred customer. Members who are dealers may care to dispute this...but I cannot see any other reason for the delay.

If you are given a build slot/date/allocation, then it would take a major event for the build allocation to be shifted 6 weeks.

Sorry to hear of your dilemma......time to re-read your contract and get your ammunition ready.

Jetta5
07-07-2010, 09:57 AM
I checked my contract last night and it states I can cancel if it takes more than 60 days to deliver the vehicle, so that would be in about a weeks time.

That would be 60 days after the original delivery date as shown in the contract I would guess. Check what the date is, because I noticed that when I ordered mine that although we agreed it would be ready mid June, the contract said end of June.

I don't know, but might it also be possible to speak to someone more senior at the dealership to complain?

noone
07-07-2010, 10:18 AM
That sucks Casper. Unfortunately as they are in demand, walking away won't get you anywhere.

I'd be asking for a reason as to why the date has changed, if they don't have a good reason, then you may be able to get something out of it, but if the problem does not relate to the dealership, I cant see them absorbing any discounts / freebies.

Casper
07-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Thanks all for your advice :) I went and spoke to the dealer yesterday afternoon and they couldn't give me any solid reason as to why it has been delayed...

The manager who was in charge at the time I placed my order is no longer working there, so the salesman basically told me that all his information came from the now departed manager and he doesn't know where the problem originated from... It all sounds like they have given my car to someone else, and are now blaming the manager who no longer works there... No-one else is willing to accept any responsibility or offer any reasons for the delay...

I told them I want a comfort pack at no extra cost and they are supposed to be calling me back with an answer (when, I don't know). Does anyone know of a way I can find out if they have given my car to another customer who was perhaps prepared to pay more for it? I'm so sick of this whole thing already :( I just want my car!! LOL

Jun
07-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Thanks all for your advice :) I went and spoke to the dealer yesterday afternoon and they couldn't give me any solid reason as to why it has been delayed...

The manager who was in charge at the time I placed my order is no longer working there, so the salesman basically told me that all his information came from the now departed manager and he doesn't know where the problem originated from... It all sounds like they have given my car to someone else, and are now blaming the manager who no longer works there... No-one else is willing to accept any responsibility or offer any reasons for the delay...

I told them I want a comfort pack at no extra cost and they are supposed to be calling me back with an answer (when, I don't know). Does anyone know of a way I can find out if they have given my car to another customer who was perhaps prepared to pay more for it? I'm so sick of this whole thing already :( I just want my car!! LOL

Ahh the old blame someone else trick. Hahaha.

The only way I can think of is if they had a VIN number or like a slot number but I would doubt they are going to tell you now.

On the note of blaming the old manager, they have to take ownership of any stuff ups or they should call the old manager up and find out what has gone wrong. Saying it's the departed managers fault is soft. These guys need to pull their heads in and find out.

emmz
19-07-2010, 11:41 AM

Im having issues with my delivery date too!!
I ordered on the 8th of May they said 16wks wks at the max which is the 28th of august.
I recieved a call last month saying the computer was saying start of september was the expected delivery but it changes and comes to a closer date, Today i get a call saying it has changed to OCTOBER!
They told me it went into the factory on the 30th of june so i really dont know what is going on.
Yep all i want is my car too :( lol

Casper
19-07-2010, 03:32 PM
That sucks emmz! :( I had another call from the dealer a few days ago to confirm that mine *should* be arriving late Sept/early Oct... They still couldn't give me a firm timeframe though... Maybe there has been a delay at the factory while they sort out some of these rattle issues?

Jun
06-08-2010, 12:28 PM
So anyone else getting updates?
I just got told my car is now delayed till Dec! :,(

RedSky83
08-08-2010, 02:23 PM
I got an email from my dealer the other day to say the rep I was working with left and that they'd call me shortly with an update. I'll see what he says.

FJ Steve
08-08-2010, 03:14 PM
yep...no change in delivery (estimated) date yet

Hail22
10-08-2010, 05:13 PM
My car is due to be placed on the ship tomorrow after putting an order in for my polo last Thursday, don't know whether it has to do with spec, allocation to certain parts of Australia or what not. 25th September after clearance from Customs etc. Best of luck Casper with the car mate

Jun
11-08-2010, 07:51 PM
My car is due to be placed on the ship tomorrow after putting an order in for my polo last Thursday, don't know whether it has to do with spec, allocation to certain parts of Australia or what not. 25th September after clearance from Customs etc. Best of luck Casper with the car mate

What specs did you order? You're very lucky to get such a good delivery time.

Hail22
11-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Flash Red Polo 77TSI, DSG, Sport Pack RCD510 (audio pack), Media-device, Floor mats (done at dealership) She just left early this morning and due to arrive on the 31/08 but as we all know they need to sit at the docks yadda yadda ya for customs and compliance so won't be driving it out till mid to late sept

Inception.dln
15-08-2010, 12:12 PM
Not sure about you guys, Ive placed an order for a White Candy MY11 77TSI DSG, with sports package and Audio package on 17th of July, was expecting delivery at around Mid October. But now the dealer is saying mid December......

FJ Steve
15-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Not sure about you guys, Ive placed an order for a White Candy MY11 77TSI DSG, with sports package and Audio package on 17th of July, was expecting delivery at around Mid October. But now the dealer is saying mid December......I would expect that to be correct....given the time frame we were given on a similar specced unit (Flash Red), ordered June, expected mid-November.

yauipop
15-08-2010, 04:22 PM
77TSI Manual Flash Red & Sports Pack - Ordered 06/08/10 ETA January 2011.

Wish I could get it sooner....

Hail22
15-08-2010, 07:37 PM
Just reading all your locations, most of them are WA, Vic, SA. Is it me or is there a shortage of Polo;s in those areas? like i ordered my car two weeks ago and its arriving on the docks the 28th Aug...i just feel surprised/shocked to read that most of you put orders in excess of 6 weeks ago, Might want to quiz your dealerships about this.

FJ Steve
15-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Just reading all your locations, most of them are WA, Vic, SA. Is it me or is there a shortage of Polo;s in those areas? like i ordered my car two weeks ago and its arriving on the docks the 28th Aug...i just feel surprised/shocked to read that most of you put orders in excess of 6 weeks ago, Might want to quiz your dealerships about this.I have.....I am waiting for an answer tomorrow. However, it would seem that the WA dealers didn't expect that the Polo would sell so well, so they did not purchase many build slots. Dermott may or may not correct me on this.

Also, WA has had a run on new cars (due to hailstorms etc), and the new car market does not have a lot to offer for soon as deliveries (especially VWs).

Casper
26-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Finally some good news on my Polo! The dealer called today to give me my VIN and let me know that it's currently on a boat. The boat is due to arrive in Brisbane on 9 Sept, and I should have it in my possession 2-3 weeks later :)

I have already put the VIN into the tracking website mentioned elsewhere on the forums to verify his story and it checks out.

It feels like I've been waiting an eternity! Only one more month to go...

Stevemak
26-08-2010, 04:37 PM
That's very good news mate! Only 1 month to go for you :)

I ordered mine on 21st May but haven't been given a VIN number yet. I was told last weekend my car was on a boat due for delivery in early september. I was then told on Monday that no VIN yet but approx delivery is end of september/October.

It's been a long 3 months now for me I tell you

PhillipAudiDealer
26-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Just reading all your locations, most of them are WA, Vic, SA. Is it me or is there a shortage of Polo;s in those areas? like i ordered my car two weeks ago and its arriving on the docks the 28th Aug...i just feel surprised/shocked to read that most of you put orders in excess of 6 weeks ago, Might want to quiz your dealerships about this.

It sounds like the dealer you went to had exactly what you wanted when you ordered it.. your prefs are popular so we use our crystal ball to work out what customers hopefully want so then we can and shorten lead times. In saying that Volkswagen put our quota to builds for eta of Jan so cars I ordered from scatch on the 19th will arrive in Aus by Jan2011.. it sound like the one you have coming on the boat was ordered by dealer June this year.. I have customers who ordered in may who will be on your boat too. There is also a supply shortage on RCD-510 which throws spanners in works for all customer orders.. At the moment every time a polo arrives and I am about to put it on as a demo. A person walks and says after a polo.. I will take that one.. thank you.. We get happy and sad all at the same time. Friday prime example Blue 77 DSG with Sports Package and Audio. 45 mins from getting plates on it Cause saturday have 7 test drives booked! . A young man from out of town rolls in . Softly spoken says to me " Hey mate is that the new Polo?" I say yes (my sales peoples ears prick up **** my boss is talking to somebody lol) then he asks is that the Blue? I say yes "Sportspack?" Yes "it would not the audio package would it?" I say yes..... He says would it be OK if I could buy that car. I replied happy but sad "YES". Deal done their and then..

POLO is like A GTI DSG or a Golf R at the moment even a multivan wish I just had more..

Please be Patient my Polo friends they are coming .

Hail22
26-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Is your vehicles on the Mignon? they're probably all huddled together getting excited to come off the boat and into the hands of its eager new owners lol. love the reply haha crystal ball.

dave_r
27-08-2010, 01:02 AM
I ordered mine on 21st May but haven't been given a VIN number yet.
FWIW, we ordered first or 2nd week of May from memory and got the VIN info at the start of the month (3rd).

Is your vehicles on the Mignon?
Ours is, due to dock in Melbourne this w/e if all goes to plan. Hope they get it to the dealer quickly!

FJ Steve
27-08-2010, 09:13 AM
Ours was ordered mid-June (from memory). ETA is mid - late November.

Hail22
27-08-2010, 11:03 AM
FWIW, we ordered first or 2nd week of May from memory and got the VIN info at the start of the month (3rd).

Ours is, due to dock in Melbourne this w/e if all goes to plan. Hope they get it to the dealer quickly!

MIGNON - 9189251 - Vessel's Details and Current Position (http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?MMSI=265491000) keep an eye on our boat if you like ;)

dave_r
27-08-2010, 04:15 PM
MIGNON - 9189251 - Vessel's Details and Current Position (http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?MMSI=265491000) keep an eye on our boat if you like ;)

Yeh had that link, but the live map still has it just of the coast of WA. Just keeping an eye on this one at the relevant dates.

Vessel Details (http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSchedules/voyageSearch.do?actionType=searchVoyage&searchVoyageString=CO019-MIG)

Hail22
29-08-2010, 09:20 AM
According to the live timing and records you car arrived yesterday afternoon, as the ship is due to head out soon for Port Kembla :D

dave_r
13-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Picked up the missus car today, quite impressed with how it drives. The white with sports pack works well IMO.

BTW, the DSG now has a nicer looking shifter rather than the ugly old MK5 style T-Bar.

Photos later, don't have time to upload them somewhere right now.

dave_r
14-09-2010, 10:43 AM
Here we go... No idea what the front tint is, but it looks like a near perfect match.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/09/imagephpidztu38f1-1.jpg
Click to view full size! ('http://www.overclockers.com.au/pix/index.php?page=image&id=ztu38')

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/09/imagephpidin6mcf1-1.jpg
Click to view full size! ('http://www.overclockers.com.au/pix/index.php?page=image&id=in6mc')

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/09/imagephpidywq5pf1-1.jpg
Click to view full size! ('http://www.overclockers.com.au/pix/index.php?page=image&id=ywq5p')

And this is the new DSG shifter...

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/09/imagephpid6gawtf1-1.jpg
Click to view full size! ('http://www.overclockers.com.au/pix/index.php?page=image&id=6gawt')

FJ Steve
14-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Nice work Dave. She looks a beauty.

Love the DSG shifter....so much more in line with the .:R DSG we have. Hope this is now standard .....

dave_r
14-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Love the DSG shifter....so much more in line with the .:R DSG we have. Hope this is now standard .....

Yeah it finishes it off nicely. The dealer said the last batch to come in all had the new one which is good. The original one looked like a the T-bar in my parents Mk5 auto golf!

RedSky83
15-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Yeah it finishes it off nicely. The dealer said the last batch to come in all had the new one which is good. The original one looked like a the T-bar in my parents Mk5 auto golf!

That's awesome! I must admit I wasn't a big fan of the T-bar shifter, considering I still haven't got my VIN I'm hoping mine will have that.

Casper
20-09-2010, 08:56 PM
So excited! Picking up my Polo tomorrow afternoon! :) Got my new stereo sitting on the floor next to me, all wired up and ready to go straight into the car LOL hopefully it's a straight-forward process and I'm not left with a partly dismantled Polo on the first day...

Allegiance
20-09-2010, 08:59 PM
So excited! Picking up my Polo tomorrow afternoon! :) Got my new stereo sitting on the floor next to me, all wired up and ready to go straight into the car LOL hopefully it's a straight-forward process and I'm not left with a partly dismantled Polo on the first day...

What stereo did you end up getting?

Casper
20-09-2010, 09:05 PM
What stereo did you end up getting?

The Sony XAV-70BT... Thanks again for your help in getting all the right bits to make it fit!

Allegiance
20-09-2010, 09:11 PM
The Sony XAV-70BT... Thanks again for your help in getting all the right bits to make it fit!

That will look pretty cool! You must post up pics once installed!

EDIT: I just relised, we will have the same car spec wise! :D

Casper
20-09-2010, 09:18 PM
That will look pretty cool! You must post up pics once installed!

EDIT: I just relised, we will have the same car spec wise! :D

Will do ;) Yeah you ordered yours a day or two after me from memory (I ordered 15 May)... Not sure I'll be delving into brake upgrades anytime soon though...

FJ Steve
20-09-2010, 10:37 PM
so jealous....ordered 4 weeks after you.....still no build date advised.

Allegiance
20-09-2010, 10:39 PM

What specs are you after? I know the VW dealer near me had a silver TSI with sports pack.

FJ Steve
20-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Flash Red
DSG
MDI/RCD510
Sports Pack

Casper
20-09-2010, 11:38 PM

That sucks man :( know how hard it is to wait so long... Hope it's worth the wait - been so long since the test drive, I don't even remember what the car's like to drive :P

dave_r
21-09-2010, 02:14 PM
MDI/RCD510
Must still be shortages on the audio option!

We got away for the weekend, racking up about 500km's. The Polo has really surprised me, it's great in traffic, the freeway and even poor corrigated gravel roads! It might be one of, if not the most expensive model in its class, but it has the jap rivals beat on every front.

About the only way the 77TSI could be improved, is if VW released it in a 3 door :)

FJ Steve
21-09-2010, 02:27 PM
Must still be shortages on the audio option!

We got away for the weekend, racking up about 500km's. The Polo has really surprised me, it's great in traffic, the freeway and even poor corrigated gravel roads! It might be one of, if not the most expensive model in its class, but it has the jap rivals beat on every front.

About the only way the 77TSI could be improved, is if VW released it in a 3 door :)I have also heard that there is a shortage of 7SPD DSG units as well. Wife now wants to go and talk to Mazda...she's sick of waiting.

dave_r
21-09-2010, 02:51 PM
I have also heard that there is a shortage of 7SPD DSG units as well. Wife now wants to go and talk to Mazda...she's sick of waiting.

Try and hold off mate, the missus was also looking at a Mazda 2 when she first thought of a new car. Not even close. But happy wife, happy life so do what you gotta do lol

Allegiance
21-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Flash Red
DSG
MDI/RCD510
Sports Pack

There is a flash red on car sales, no sports pack though.

pologti18t
21-09-2010, 03:44 PM
I have also heard that there is a shortage of 7SPD DSG units as well. Wife now wants to go and talk to Mazda...she's sick of waiting.

Why don't you ask dealers what's available rather than speccing up a car that needs to be built. There are 18 Polo TSIs on carsales alone.

Remember that you can't really spec a Mazda 2 (and it has a ancient 4 speed auto).

FJ Steve
21-09-2010, 03:55 PM
*sigh*

I was offered a build spec which is as described above. Expectation from WA dealers was that the particular build spec would be here early November (in their words...."that is VERY conservative"). Was told that realistically/probably would be mid October. Which would mean that it would have been built by the end of August/Early September.....then shipped...customs...pre-delivery.

But, they can't even give me a build date/slot...so it's just a number on a computer database at the moment.

As for selecting another TSI...no thanks....must have the MDI and Sports Pack in Flash Red. Not interested in anything else.

Wouldn't be a Mazda2....waste of time. If I succumbed...it'd probably be a Mazda3...but then again, I would be trying my hardest to get a MKV/MKVI oiler before going Japanese again.

dave_r
21-09-2010, 03:57 PM
As for selecting another TSI...no thanks....must have the MDI and Sports Pack in Flash Red. Not interested in anything else.

I understand the frustration mate, experiencing the same thing with my R as are many others.

Hail22
22-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Picking up my car on Friday, bringing the camera and hoping to tee up with my brother to do a Golf GTI MK6 with R rear lights and my new Polo :)

Dave love the photos, can i ask how much they charged for the front tints, getting mine done Tintacar in Formula 1 (Same shade as the Mk6 GTI and polo TSI tint)

And possibly booking her into ramspeed to have the centralised exhaust/diffuser unit installed.

dave_r
23-09-2010, 02:09 AM
Dave love the photos, can i ask how much they charged for the front tints, getting mine done Tintacar in Formula 1 (Same shade as the Mk6 GTI and polo TSI tint)

Having matching front tint was added as part of the negotiations on both cars so don't really know. Also got the proper fitted Polo mats which are a nice touch.

Hail22
23-09-2010, 08:08 AM
Yeah got the mats as well, will be interesting to see how they compliment the interior. :)

RedSky83
29-09-2010, 10:38 PM
Well my Polo has officially changed to black, feeling a lot better about the colour now. Last thing I wanted was to splash out on a new car and be indifferent about the looks.

Still considering spending the little extra for a GTI/118TSI but we'll see what happens.

Schibs
15-11-2010, 06:04 PM
Yeah got the mats as well, will be interesting to see how they compliment the interior. :)

Out of interest.. are the mats the official Polo ones from the broshure?

Cheers

jaedencook
17-11-2010, 10:59 AM
I had posted my Polo is a different thread, but since I have updated photos I thought I'd move them here:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg182/Phoenix1989_2008/photo.jpg
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg182/Phoenix1989_2008/d8e2dee3.jpg
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg182/Phoenix1989_2008/41dd9662.jpg
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg182/Phoenix1989_2008/bca06f0f.jpg

And now with Personalised plates! I know some guys wanted to know what the slim plates looked like on the car.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg182/Phoenix1989_2008/photo-1.jpg
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg182/Phoenix1989_2008/photo2-1.jpg

Funny thing is, getting my plates registered... i parked next to a Red 77TSI sports out at Greenslopes QLD

broxigar1983
26-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Yessss, Got my Polo this morning. Had to wait a month for delivery (customs took 2 weeks to release car and VW had to do the other stuff.

Very impressed with the car.

Anyone adding amps & subs to their stock RCD 310 unit?

Allegiance
26-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Replace the head unit! You won't regret it.

broxigar1983
26-11-2010, 08:32 PM
I do want ot replace the unit. But where can I get a cover/fascia to fit with the new unit?

Allegiance
26-11-2010, 08:34 PM
http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f128/new-headunit-48750.html

broxigar1983
26-11-2010, 08:37 PM
http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f128/new-headunit-48750.html

hmm, I'll check it out, but I do think that I will need to replace the fascia around the radio.

Anyone here replaced their units? Can you upload some if you did?

Allegiance
26-11-2010, 08:42 PM
Did you read that thread? :P It has pictures in it, part numbers, where to order it from. Everything you need to fully replace it with a aftermarket head unit.

broxigar1983
27-11-2010, 02:39 AM
Did you read that thread? :P It has pictures in it, part numbers, where to order it from. Everything you need to fully replace it with a aftermarket head unit.

I must be blind. I did find the thread on how to remove the radio (done that :P) but didn't see anything about part numbers & where to get it from.

Allegiance
27-11-2010, 02:52 PM
http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f128/new-headunit-48750.html#post554830
http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f128/new-headunit-48750.html#post554090

Hooti3
29-12-2010, 07:54 PM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/12/Joe_Polo_GTI021copycopy1-1.jpg

Taken by a good friend of mine on a cruise yesterday.

Enjoy.

themmc
31-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Taken by a good friend of mine on a cruise yesterday.

Enjoy.

Nice pic!

Anyone got a pic of a 77TSI in Candy White with a Sports kit? Mine's not going to be here for months :-(

EDIT found them: http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f128/new-polo-ive-got-one-45062-7.html#post560571

kreuze
18-01-2011, 06:55 PM
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/2846/p1040280er.jpg

Here's my 5 door silver. Off for a drive now :)

JaneAusten
18-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Way awesome dude, congrats. GTI FTW!!!11!!11111!!

Transporter
18-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Congratulations, very nice car, enjoy! :)

JaneAusten
24-01-2011, 05:58 PM
Just picked up my Black 3dr GTI this afternoon, pics coming soon.

tay113
26-01-2011, 11:43 AM
Hi guys,Its being 7months after selling off the mark 5gti dsg last year and its great to be back after along spell and looking forward to the new polo gti to be delivered sometime in may .The polo gti feels and drives like the mark 5gti dsg but respond is better when i got it tested .cheers Tay

William_Foster
28-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Well, I don't have one just yet. But using the website mentioned in the Mk6 Golf section, I have just found that my car was loaded onto the boat on Monday and is currently waiting to leave the docks in South Africa. After five months of waiting this news is as good as having the dealer ring and tell me it has arrived.

[One annoying thing, the production date was Week 2, 2011; I miss out on the new climate control module by a few days]

ChristopherJ
29-01-2011, 02:04 PM
Picked up my new Polo 77TSi last weekend already put over 500km on it, great little car, took a few pics on Australia Day.:eclipsee_steering:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/

http://premium1.uploadit.org/ChristopherJB//Photo0393.jpg

Braddles
29-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Hi guys

First post here. Just picked up my new Polo 77TSI on the 27th of Jan. Got the Comfort Pack, Sports Pack and upgraded Audio System. Thought I'd post a couple of pics.

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc446/Braddles79/IMG_1329.jpg

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc446/Braddles79/IMG_1332.jpg

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc446/Braddles79/IMG_1334.jpg

William_Foster
29-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Congrats ChristohperJ and Braddles; the cars look great!

yas786
30-01-2011, 07:53 AM
Couldnt be happier with our purchase. 2 days old and the novelty has not worn off yet.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58968705@N08/5398664245/

Frostee
03-02-2011, 03:55 AM
I don't have my GTI yet but I am a step closer and have a week 13 build date and a Comm No.

All being well I'll have it early July. In the meantime I'll enjoy all the pics posted by new Polo owners

GTI JOE
03-02-2011, 05:26 AM
I don't have my GTI yet but I am a step closer and have a week 13 build date and a Comm No.

All being well I'll have it early July. In the meantime I'll enjoy all the pics posted by new Polo owners

Hey Frostee, sounds like our Polo GTIs will be arriving about the same time:) Can't wait for the VIN number so that the tracking can commence. Keep posting your pics people, we need something to keep us going in the months ahead.

gavs
03-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Just got the call up, week 18 build! Delivery expected in July sometime...

themmc
05-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Hi guys

First post here. Just picked up my new Polo 77TSI on the 27th of Jan. Got the Comfort Pack, Sports Pack and upgraded Audio System. Thought I'd post a couple of pics.

I'm getting the same spec and colour, but don't know when mine's arriving. Have you got any additional tinting?

pyrate
05-02-2011, 08:00 PM
Walked into the dealership a month ago, managed to score a canceled order and picked it up today! 5dr stock except metallic silver paint. Absolute dream to drive!

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/02/pologti-2.jpg

William_Foster
05-02-2011, 08:22 PM
Congratulations on getting the car, and with a very short wait time; enjoy your first Sunday drive!

Frostee
05-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Well done!!!!

pyrate
06-02-2011, 08:31 AM
Well done!!!!

Thanks William_Foster and Frostee.

Very happy with the purchase, and extremely lucky. You will definitely not regret your purchases. The polo's are fantastic!

Frostee
06-02-2011, 02:18 PM
The Silver looks great. I've ordered white in the GTI and after seeing your pics I struggle to decide what I prefer. MInf you, I'm not messing around with colours - I have a build date in the sytem and I'm not about to mess with it lol ;)

kreuze
07-02-2011, 08:07 AM
I'm still yet to see another Polo GTI on the road. Until I do I will be ignoring all these pictures and still claiming to be the only Polo GTI on the road in AUS :)

Hooti3
07-02-2011, 11:50 AM
I'm still yet to see another Polo GTI on the road. Until I do I will be ignoring all these pictures and still claiming to be the only Polo GTI on the road in AUS :)

I got mine first, so you can't possibly be. :P

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f128/new-polo-ive-got-one-45062-11.html#post602271

weedub
08-02-2011, 10:48 AM
Just picked up my Black 5 door GTI last night. First impressions are good but definitely needs a brake upgrade. Thinking about an APR stage 1 chip treatment and window tinting next week.

Hooti3
08-02-2011, 01:58 PM
Just picked up my Black 5 door GTI last night. First impressions are good but definitely needs a brake upgrade. Thinking about an APR stage 1 chip treatment and window tinting next week.

AFAIK the APR Chip isn't available yet for the new Polo GTI.

Maybe Guy_H can shed a bit more light on it.

Grabman
18-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Just heard from dealer that my 77TSI Flash Red with Comfort Pack, Sports Pack, Audio & B/tooth has finally landed with them, get to pick it up Mon 28th Feb, exactly 6 months to the day from ordering it! Will be a top day, just happens to be my birthday as well...

Great to see pic's of other peoples rides, will post somw when mine lands in my driveway, or maybe from beach shots on way home....

cheers

William_Foster
07-03-2011, 06:23 PM
Just took delivery of my first Volkswagen; 6R Polo TDI. I fully factory optioned the car and am quite impressed [Given that I hadn't seen a fully optioned one].

First impressions: I know there are split opinions but the upgraded seats but they are really good, and being Tasmanian the seat warmers were a nice addition to the drive home. We only drove the base manual TDI before ordering; the sports pack suspension is a lot harder than I remember on the base model. The DSG is nice and appears to be well matched to the engine. The engine is quite tight so it is quite slow at the moment, but hopefully once it loosens up it will perform a little better off the line; once it gets going it is fine.

gavs
08-03-2011, 11:56 AM

Hey mate, check here..... http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f128/new-brakes-48523.html where we have been discussing brakes at some length but whatever you do, PLEASE don't go to bigger diameters in the hope it will improve your braking, it explains why in that thread...

Gav

GTI JOE
08-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Congratulation William_Foster on your Polo:)
I would imagine Brembo brakes for the POLO or Polo GTI would be pretty expensive:(
Does it really need a brake upgrade...now????

sVWatt
09-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Schhhmmuuugggg.
Just drove home in my grey TSi DSG...gorgeous.

Dealer was tops. Car is whisper quiet even around the 140km mark ... Sat nav pointed me homeward, blue toothed iPhone playing the music, handsfree talking to my wife at home. Avg 111km / hr with 6.5lt per 100.

So tight, and trackable...comfy and snug.

Did someone say smug?

VW Polo - wise choice :)

JaneAusten
09-03-2011, 06:43 PM
Schhhmmuuugggg.
Just drove home in my grey TSi DSG...gorgeous.

Dealer was tops. Car is whisper quiet even around the 140km mark ... Sat nav pointed me homeward, blue toothed iPhone playing the music, handsfree talking to my wife at home. Avg 111km / hr with 6.5lt per 100.

So tight, and trackable...comfy and snug.

Did someone say smug?

VW Polo - wise choice :)

Dude, HI5.

GTI JOE
09-03-2011, 08:13 PM
Arrrgghhhhhhh...homer dribble:)

onions
14-04-2011, 02:53 PM
Hi all,

Just a warm greetings from a new polo gti owner!

Looking forward to sharing the ups & downs of my vw ownership with the vww internets

sVWatt
14-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Hi all,

Just a warm greetings from a new polo gti owner!

Looking forward to sharing the ups & downs of my vw ownership with the vww internets

welcome onions - you gotta be happy with it right ?
Still schmmmuggg here :)

What phone have you synced to your bluetooth ?

onions
14-04-2011, 04:34 PM
its awesome... iphone4 here

the mfd has

- phone book, call registers (missed/received/called)
- nav (compass and road names)

smiles from ear to ear

GTI JOE
14-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Welcome aboard onions and congratulations on the GTI. Damn lucky man...enjoy;)

Schibs
16-04-2011, 01:58 AM
Picked up my 77TSI Pepper Grey Polo today. I'm in love! I'm coming from a 1994 Daihatsu Charade and the Polo is just class. So many little features and no doubt more I will find in time. Very happy one day in!

BTW the car was built early March but the aircon display is the black text on blue background so not the MY11.5 black on white. No problems for me though. Qualität!

sVWatt
16-04-2011, 07:13 AM
Picked up my 77TSI Pepper Grey Polo today. I'm in love! I'm coming from a 1994 Daihatsu Charade and the Polo is just class. So many little features and no doubt more I will find in time. Very happy one day in!

BTW the car was built early March but the aircon display is the black text on blue background so not the MY11.5 black on white. No problems for me though. Qualität!

Nice colour choice :)
Yes the greatest little feature I discovered last week was coming down a mountain, foot gently braking, the DSG seamlessly goes from D7 to D3 to assist in the braking - v.nice

gavs
16-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Congrats, my GTI finally boarded the boat, it's taking a trip up to sweden at the minute :) Great colour too, the pepper grey:)

bluepolotsi
17-04-2011, 12:39 AM
hi all,

today i signed a deal for my first polo tsi (my first vw actually)... I am going to pick up the car in about 2 weeks and I made a few decisions but would like to know from your point of views?

1) is it worth to get 3 years extended warranty for around $850-$900? (i am not really going to as I got an extra free year anyways if i service in the dealership)
2) i got the naked polo tsi DSG, i.e. no sports/comfort/audio pack. reasons are: I am fine with the 15in wheel, and I do not need auto dimm reverse mirror. (I got sunglasses), and I listen to the FM/AM the most in the car (i.e. ABC news/Fox FM)
3) I picked blue colour... the dealer dont have blue in stock, all they have are white, silver, black... but I had all those cars previously so i want to try something new... but after viewing the threads on this forum and cant find people with blue polo...i am wondering whether I should stick with the blue or...?
4) I got free bonnet protector + boot net + mat ... I am wondering if anyone here got/asked any free accessories and why?

have a nice day.

apples
17-04-2011, 07:42 AM
Welcome bluepolotsi and congrats on your purchase. Like you, my Polo will be my first VW as well. With regards to your queries.

1) This is something I'm thinking of getting and don't have an answer for you. I'd be interested to hear what others think of it too.

2) I got the sportspack because I personally preferred the look of it. With the audio pack, I mainly listen to the radio as well and couldn't justify the cost of the audio pack and the comfort pack didn't appeal to me. As for the sunglasses, well....the auto dimming feature comes in handy at nighttime, so I wouldn't go around wearing sunnies at night tiime!

3) Don't worry about what colour other people have. If you like the blue, stick with it.

4) The driveaway price of the stock standard Polo I bought was about $23k. I ordered sunroof, sportspack, front tints, mats ($4k rrp) so the price of the car would have been $27k. I got it all for $25k. You could look at it and say everything was reduced or that I got the sunroof and mats for free.

Enjoy your Polo when you get it....2 weeks is great. I have to wait until August and I know some others here have to wait until the new year.

gavs
17-04-2011, 08:26 AM
In regards to car warranties offered by dealerships, there are always loopholes that they can get out of so if you are talking about the VW genuine factory extended warranty, then I'd say go for it but you should have tried to negotiate that into the deal instead of free plastic add-ons and a net! ;)

bluepolotsi
17-04-2011, 08:22 PM
thanks apples and gaves for your comments.

I will double check with the finiancial department whehter it is the vw geniune warranty..
btw, i got the above for just below $25k...was I getting a rip off?

The_Hawk
19-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Well it looks like I'm about to join the Polo Club :)

Just signed today for a Savanna Yellow 77TSI, Manual, Sports Pack, Panoramic Sunroof, Bluetooth (and rubber mats front rear and boot :)).

Delivery was pegged for July, but is still to be confirmed in the coming days...

And now I start dancing from one foot to another while waiting...

apples
19-04-2011, 09:27 PM

Just signed today for a Savanna Yellow 77TSI, Manual, Sports Pack, Panoramic Sunroof, Bluetooth (and rubber mats front rear and boot :)).

Delivery was pegged for July, but is still to be confirmed in the coming days...

Congratulations on your purchase. I wonder if yours will be the only Savanna Yellow with a sunroof in Australia.
The wait may seem like ages but it'll be here before you know it :)

sVWatt
20-04-2011, 07:10 AM

Better buy another pair of shoes - the dancing doesn't stop :)

What's your hawk like knowledge of the options for VAG Ross Tech for Polos ? (sent you a PM)

PS. Awesome colour choice - my preference but boss said grey...

The_Hawk
20-04-2011, 11:37 AM
I didn't notice a PM, but can answer your question anyway... I don't know anything about VCDS in relation to the Polo yet but it's something I plan on finding out about and will update the details as I go into the VCDS section.

Trepid4tion
20-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Yay another yellow!!! Congrats on the Purchase!

Katabolism
30-04-2011, 10:51 PM
Hi All

Today my g/f put down a deposit on a nice new Polo TDI, pick it up in 2 weeks time, i'm sure its going to be a long 2 week wait too !

Ocean Blue with DSG.

Bit of a change from her `04 Fiesta that she used to have.

Look forward to getting into the Polo and to get my hands on it :D

Cheers!
Chris

PoloPie
01-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Congrats on the TDI purchase Chris, it should be good fun for you both when you get it. I only waited a week for mine and that sure felt like a long week, I can't even imagine the 6 month plus waits for the TSIs and GTIs...

It's going to be quite a change in torque, fuel economy and interior quality I'm sure. Nice colour too :-D

Nice to know of more TDI people in a forum rather dominated by TSIs! Hope the wait isn't long and that you both enjoy it :)

crumbs
02-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Pick up my GTI today, can't wait!!! Will post pics when I get home!

gavs
02-05-2011, 12:43 PM
Damn you Crumbs, damn you!!!! :)

GTI JOE
02-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Double damn you!!!! :)...that's so crummy ;)

crumbs
02-05-2011, 08:59 PM
I'm in love!!!!! With a mechanical piece of genius machinery called the Polo GTI :) It's everything I'd hoped for.. just wish it had the sunroof!

It's like driving on air. So smooth... :) You won't be disappointed, the wait is SO worth it. And anyone in Victoria interested in a white 5 door GTI with audio/comfort this June, PM me for details!

The only crushing sad point to end the day was a flying stone that's chipped my windscreen :( Murphy's law I guess.

Frostee
02-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Congratulations! Sorry to learn of the stone damage, but better the glass than the paint. Windscreen should be repairable without need to pay excess - give your insurer a call.

Glad to hear you like the car. Looking forward to some pics and some comments of review after having had it for a few days

Enjoy!!!!

crumbs
02-05-2011, 09:11 PM
I've got a new reason to look forward to work in the morning, because I get to drive there is my GTI :)

Will definitely have to take it out somewhere scenic for a few photos the first chance I get.. the Xenons and daytime LEDs look amazing.

apples
02-05-2011, 09:22 PM
I'm in love!!!!! With a mechanical piece of genius machinery called the Polo GTI :) It's everything I'd hoped for.. just wish it had the sunroof!

It's like driving on air. So smooth... :) You won't be disappointed, the wait is SO worth it. And anyone in Victoria interested in a white 5 door GTI with audio/comfort this June, PM me for details!

The only crushing sad point to end the day was a flying stone that's chipped my windscreen :( Murphy's law I guess.

Congrats on delivery on your new car. Glad to hear it was worth the wait.

Sorry to hear about the chipped windscreen though. Did you get the Quattro membership? If so, don't forget they repair chipped windscreens too.

GraveDilute
02-05-2011, 11:29 PM
Welcome to the club mate,

Gotta join up for a GTI cruise!

Snowz
03-05-2011, 09:03 AM
Pick up my GTI this afternoon - Silver with expensive IPOD connection option - Ordered April 21st with an ETA for 7/4/2011 only about a month late for a car they said they had in Australia

I asked the dealer if it could have damage that is being repaired, his reply was it could be - so i'm checking it out before i had over the money

gavs
03-05-2011, 09:26 AM

Shut up!...... :)

What do you mean if anyone is interested in June?! You can't be that in love if you're getting rid of it already!

crumbs
03-05-2011, 09:50 AM
What do you mean if anyone is interested in June?! You can't be that in love if you're getting rid of it already!
Haha, no way, but there's another one coming to my dealer in June and he said it wasn't sold (and he asked if I knew anyone who was interested... couldn't think of a better place to find someone interested than right here ;)

Now I just have to decide what to do with the car I have no order... black 3 door with audio/sunroof... but that won't be here until next year so I have time to mull over my options ;)

crumbs
03-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Wowsers, I'm doing really well with my new Polo. Chipped windscreen on the way home from the dealership, and this morning reverse parked myself into some rear rim gutter rash. Wasn't used to the side mirrors and gauging distances from the gutter. :( Ruined my day.

gavs
03-05-2011, 12:45 PM
So does this mean you are in for the 6R cruise now? :)

Frostee
19-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Can anyone who has taken delivery of a 6R Polo advise whether or not the rear windows are tinted/privacy glass, and in tuen you only need to tint the front side windows? My Dealer wasm't certain?

Eaglehawk
19-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Judge for yourself:

http://www.eaglehawk.com.au/images/PoloSide.JPG

(September 2010 build, so maybe it's different now?)

19-05-2011, 11:25 AM
I can confirm as when I picked up my car they hadn't done the front tint and that's the reason I dropped my car off today as their now doing the front windows, I just hope they look even and aren't two different types of tints

GTI JOE
19-05-2011, 04:41 PM
I'll probably wait until I pick my car and make a decision then. I'm sure I can get it done somewhere other than a dealer for far cheaper.

travisgm
20-05-2011, 11:09 AM
i pick up my 2011 Polo tsi 5dr on Sunday - Pepper Gray / DSG / Mats / Comfortline / Tint / no badges - will advise if the Build date of 2nd April includes the updated white backlight on the Air Con and the loss of front seat storage bin asap. wooh!!!

Sword_Dude
20-05-2011, 01:26 PM
I can confirm as when I picked up my car they hadn't done the front tint and that's the reason I dropped my car off today as their now doing the front windows, I just hope they look even and aren't two different types of tints

As I understand it the rear glass is privacy glass, this is not tinted but darkened glass, it has no UVP. When you tint your front windows it will be with an adhesive tint, there will be a difference, but a good tinter will get it pretty damn close.

cheers

TCO
20-05-2011, 04:35 PM
I'll probably wait until I pick my car and make a decision then. I'm sure I can get it done somewhere other than a dealer for far cheaper.

That was the plan we we purchased as they wanted $600 for the tinting.
When we bartered for the vehicle we finally got it with Tint (nothing else).
I figure the tinting was about $300 from my calcs as they wouldn't sell us the Polo for $21.5k D/A without tint, but would for $22k D/A with tint.

I know I can get the tinting through work for around $200, but I need to take it in and waste 1/2 a day, so to spend the extra $100 and have it done by the dealer was worth in our case.

gavs
20-05-2011, 04:35 PM
Certain Tint-a-car places have a specific VW tint they can apply wich is made to match the privacy glass as close as it possibly can.

Smacca
21-05-2011, 12:42 PM
My first mod will be tinted windows. Probably in the first week after delivery. 15% all around thanks. Dark tinted windows on a white car looks awesome! :cool:

travisgm
23-05-2011, 07:40 AM
picked up my 2011 Polo tsi 5dr Pepper Grey on Sunday - new DSG lever is great - shame i lost front seat unders seat storage - comfort package is worth every cent - AC illuminated display is still blue on my model - dealer states excess stock of this item is filtering into the 11.5 models still. Driven 150km since picking it up - so smooth - so quite - brilliant drive and freeway acceleration is great too. Happy Driver!

gerhard
11-06-2011, 06:27 PM
5 month wait is over, GTI with Comfort Pack, SWMBO is very pleased, I haven't given it its run-in drive yet :)

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/06/Polo-1.jpg

Transporter
11-06-2011, 06:32 PM
It looks good, mate. Congratulations! :)

GTI mk6
11-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Congratulations Gerhard.
Long weekend here in Melbourne is perfect for that nice long run in :-)
Looks great, hope you enjoy your new ride

sVWatt
11-06-2011, 07:04 PM
picked up my 2011 Polo tsi 5dr Pepper Grey on Sunday - new DSG lever is great - shame i lost front seat unders seat storage - comfort package is worth every cent - AC illuminated display is still blue on my model - dealer states excess stock of this item is filtering into the 11.5 models still. Driven 150km since picking it up - so smooth - so quite - brilliant drive and freeway acceleration is great too. Happy Driver!

Welcome travisgm - same top choice as me :)

bizarre
11-06-2011, 07:09 PM
G'day

I picked up my Polo GTI the other day

Was REAL lucky - went looking and found one on 2nd call at Chatswood Classic
A cancelled order. Someone went the Golf GTI instead of waiting

It is candy white and has the leather, RCD510 radio, headligh upgrades.
I have added bluetooth and window tints

Done about a 1,000kms in it now and REAL happy

Cant believe the wait some of you guys have had to put up with
Might be like the Mk V Golf GTIs a while back when VW flooded the market after a while

Frostee
11-06-2011, 07:26 PM
G'day

Might be like the Mk V Golf GTIs a while back when VW flooded the market after a while

Congratulations!!! You have done amazingly well given the lead-times being experienced for new orders.

You mention "leather"

Did the dealer tell you the seats were leather? If so I'd be looking for a discount on your first service cost because as far as I know this trim is alacantra (suede
/velour type material) with a faux leather trim.

gerhard
11-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Congratulations Gerhard.
Long weekend here in Melbourne is perfect for that nice long run in :-)
Looks great, hope you enjoy your new ride

It's actually hers, not mine - I can't prise it away at the moment. I've still got the Golf GTI, have just taken out the extended wty so it's a keeper for a while yet (only done 37,000)

My recent new toy is this :) now that I've retired I need something for the bush and the outback.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/06/100D0414-1.jpg

bizarre
11-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Frostee

yeah - they told me all that
Just too hard to spell it - I am a lazy sod.

GTI mk6
11-06-2011, 09:29 PM
It's actually hers, not mine - I can't prise it away at the moment. I've still got the Golf GTI, have just taken out the extended wty so it's a keeper for a while yet (only done 37,000)

My recent new toy is this :) now that I've retired I need something for the bush and the outback.

Ahh......that's what SWMBO means.....(still don't know, but your other half it seems) my bad sorry.
Well nice rig you have then also :-)
Looks like you have all bases covered.....is your Golf GTi candy white also? White is the new black isn't it? Hehe

Frostee
11-06-2011, 09:37 PM
here's a few rushed pics

I won't be tinting

http://s1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb330/Frosteeeee/

GTI mk6
11-06-2011, 09:42 PM
G'day

Well congratulations, you are one lucky vdubber alrighty.....talk about perfect timing!
Darned if I know how to get through the next 8+ mths wait.
Ha ha, it's only been a week so far, gotta get a grip! :-)

GTI mk6
11-06-2011, 10:00 PM
here's a few rushed pics

I won't be tinting

That looks awesome :-) best photos I have seen of the sunroof, I actually thought the surrounding part was painted black, but
It looks like it's a continuation of glass, is this correct? LED's look so good too.
By the look of that shine, you have done your clay bar, was it nanolex you used?
If so, how did you find it to apply (applied it on my Golf GTi on a real stinking hot day and although the car was garaged, it was drying so
quickly, had to work on real small areas fast.
Thanks for sharing some photos, hope to see some more when you have time :-)

Add on.....those windows look surprisingly quiet dark without tint alright

Frostee
11-06-2011, 10:25 PM
That looks awesome :-) best photos I have seen of the sunroof, I actually thought the surrounding part was painted black, but
It looks like it's a continuation of glass, is this correct? LED's look so good too.
By the look of that shine, you have done your clay bar, was it nanolex you used?
If so, how did you find it to apply (applied it on my Golf GTi on a real stinking hot day and although the car was garaged, it was drying so
quickly, had to work on real small areas fast.
Thanks for sharing some photos, hope to see some more when you have time :-)

Add on.....those windows look surprisingly quiet dark without tint alright

You're correct, the entire sunroof panel is effectively a glass insert. I was really impressed when I saw it first time. I was rushed today so couldn't get good shots to give the full perspective but will do so over the next couple of days and post them.

Re the detailing - I haven't touched the paint yet but will do so on Monday. I had a few hours this afternoon to treat fabric, clean interior glass and 303 all interior surfaces. Amazing how dirty a micro fibre cloth can be after a dealer delivery!

I'll be doing the Nanolex on paint and glass this weekend. Will post my thoughts and pics along the way and after

gerhard
12-06-2011, 12:13 AM
Ahh......that's what SWMBO means.....(still don't know, but your other half it seems) my bad sorry.
Well nice rig you have then also :-)
Looks like you have all bases covered.....is your Golf GTi candy white also? White is the new black isn't it? Hehe

SHMBO = She Who Must Be Obeyed........

My Golf GTI is Blue Graphite with Latte Mocchiata leather, DSG.

Dealer told us that had we ordered a week later than we did, we would not have seen the car till next year. I recall reading somewhere that worldwide production of Polo for 2011 was sold out during January. Our car was build in the RHD March production run.

I seems that Polo GTI (Polo anything for that matter) is a rare vehicle on the roads in Aus. I have only spotted a couple of them around the traps, and I'm based in Wheelers Hill, a VW "stronghold".

GTI JOE
12-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Hey Guys, picked up my beasty babe in Mildura yesterday and drove it back to Melbourne just now.....600Km of pure adrenalin ..although there were lots of plods on the road, I did manage to fang it lots of times. Very quick and sturdy on the road and twisties. Heaven.... and I'm still smilin :):):)

way
12-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Hey Guys, picked up my beasty babe in Mildura yesterday and drove it back to Melbourne just now.....600Km of pure adrenalin ..although there were lots of plods on the road, I did manage to fang it lots of times. Very quick and sturdy on the road and twisties. Heaven.... and I'm still smilin :):):)

Congrats! Best colour and option combo if I may say so myself haha. You've done more k's than me already and you have had it, what, one day? Lol

Frostee
12-06-2011, 07:19 PM

Congratulations Joe. I'm the same as you. Really love this car and as posted previously it is better than I remember from whern I did a test drive. Feels rock solid on the road. I love the steering wheel and the whole feel of the car. It reeks of qulaity and solidity of build.

What are your thoughts re the glass on the windows? I reckon they're tinted fine and there is no way I will be tinting further.

GTI mk6
12-06-2011, 07:41 PM

Congratulations also to you GTI Joe :banana:
A 600k cruise, what a great way to get to know your new “beasty babe" hehe love it!
The wait is finally over.
Just a shame that Gavs couldn't have been part of the trio (like he so should have been) But now I am OT, this is your moment, so keep enjoying it, good to hear :-)

GTI JOE
12-06-2011, 09:02 PM
Congratulations Joe. I'm the same as you. Really love this car and as posted previously it is better than I remember from whern I did a test drive. Feels rock solid on the road. I love the steering wheel and the whole feel of the car. It reeks of qulaity and solidity of build.

What are your thoughts re the glass on the windows? I reckon they're tinted fine and there is no way I will be tinting further.

Thanks Frostee and to all you other guys on the forum for your thoughts. I think the car is just right as it is, for me anyway. So I agree, the car has sufficient tinting and power/performance. Unless you are going to track days, even the ECU upgrade is not necessary. C'mon Gav, just need you man to finish the Los Trios Rimbarcus ;)

Frostee
12-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Thanks Frostee and to all you other guys on the forum for your thoughts. I think the car is just right as it is, for me anyway. So I agree, the car has sufficient tinting and power/performance. Unless you are going to track days, even the ECU upgrade is not necessary. C'mon Gav, just need you man to finish the Los Trios Rimbarcus ;)

I'll still consider tuning, but will be looking for benefits other than just power. One thing I have notices is the lag when starting off. It's only momentary but noticeable. If a tuning investment would address that I'd be keen.

Eaglehawk
12-06-2011, 10:38 PM
thing I have notices is the lag when starting off. It's only momentary but noticeable. If a tuning investment would address that I'd be keen.

Welcome to owning a VW DSG gearbox :)

I really did wish they did implement a launch control for the car. Unless I missed something...

GTI JOE
13-06-2011, 07:45 AM
I'll still consider tuning, but will be looking for benefits other than just power. One thing I have notices is the lag when starting off. It's only momentary but noticeable. If a tuning investment would address that I'd be keen.

Same here with regard to ECU tune, ONLY if it does give better fuel economy and fixes DSG performance!

GTI JOE
13-06-2011, 03:25 PM
OK Folks...here is my contribution to visuals of my little beasty. Did it very quickly so please excuse the quality. Also found out that my daughters camera needed cleaning, bloody smudge in the centre. :(
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/06/IMG_2679-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/06/IMG_2674-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/06/IMG_2671-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/06/IMG_2672-1.jpg

and a little video too...enjoy:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRruyw3vb60

apples
13-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Congrats Joe. She's a great looking car.
The euro plates look fantastic.

gavs
14-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Looks like its missing something.... or 2 things to be more specific;)

Coolio
14-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Congrats and looks awesome GTI Joe...how good is white with xenons! I am with Gavs on the 2 missing doors matter however!

broxigar1983
14-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Gavs, when you posting in here?

GTI JOE
14-06-2011, 12:31 PM
Looks like its missing something.... or 2 things to be more specific;)

Naahh...I don't think so my friend, perhaps you have two too many ;)

gavs
14-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Gavs, when you posting in here?

F**k knows.....

broxigar1983
14-06-2011, 12:58 PM
F**k knows.....

All will be forgotten when you get in your car...and then leave a nice long set of black 11s on the dealer show room floor!!

gavs
14-06-2011, 04:11 PM
I would like to take the opportunity to amend the above comment and change that too "F**k knows I will be picking the car up on Friday!" :):)

broxigar1983
14-06-2011, 06:17 PM
I would like to take the opportunity to amend the above comment and change that too "F**k knows I will be picking the car up on Friday!" :):)

HAHA! Good news, grats in advance

Sword_Dude
14-06-2011, 06:54 PM

Most awesome!

GTI JOE
14-06-2011, 07:58 PM

Hey Gav, all I can say is....about F**kin time...congats mate. So I guess you'll be hitting the mountains this weekend?

RoknRob
15-06-2011, 12:03 AM
OK Folks...here is my contribution to visuals of my little beasty. Did it very quickly so please excuse the quality. Also found out that my daughters camera needed cleaning, bloody smudge in the centre. :(
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/06/IMG_2679-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/06/IMG_2674-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/06/IMG_2671-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/06/IMG_2672-1.jpg

and a little video too...enjoy:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRruyw3vb60

Just curious... still planning on darkening your wheels, like in your sig?

BTW, Frostee will need the ECU upgrade to compensate for the extra weight of that big, gorgeous sunroof (and its mechanicals)! ;)

GTI JOE
15-06-2011, 06:05 AM
I'm still considering the gun metal wheel colour at some stage, whether with existing wheels or new ones, not in any hurry at the moment. Yeah, Frostee's got problems alright, besides the sunroof.....the extra 2 doors as well...talk about a white elephant ;)

ATYPIC
15-06-2011, 06:47 AM
Yeah, Frostee's got problems alright, besides the sunroof.....the extra 2 doors as well...talk about a white elephant ;)

From my understanding of VW specs...those 2 extra doors add very little weight (yes hard to believe)...but yeah that sunroof would be like having an extra person in the car :o

RoknRob
15-06-2011, 06:53 AM
From my understanding of VW specs...those 2 extra doors add very little weight (yes hard to believe)...but yeah that sunroof would be like having an extra person in the car :o

Re the doors - not so hard to believe when you feel just how heavy the big single doors are on the 3 door! They require some strength to open and shut! They feel pretty solid, though!

Frostee
15-06-2011, 07:07 AM
Are you going to pull the rear seats out? What about the carpets and other stuff that adds weight? I find this whole thread quite hilarious

gavs
15-06-2011, 09:13 AM
I'm going to the gym to cut down dead weight in my car:) WHen I get it.... 2 more sleeps....

apples
15-06-2011, 09:49 AM
I'm still considering the gun metal wheel colour at some stage, whether with existing wheels or new ones, not in any hurry at the moment. Yeah, Frostee's got problems alright, besides the sunroof.....the extra 2 doors as well...talk about a white elephant ;)

Just like the old joke where a person weighs less on the scales if they suck their stomach in, the car weighs less when the sunroof is open!

I made sure when I test drove the Polo I had both my fiance and the salesman in the car with me. It still handled very well with the extra 200kg on board.

Good thing I'm a short arse skinny minny. The combined weight of myself and the sunroof would still probably weigh less than the average person :P

RoknRob
15-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Are you going to pull the rear seats out? What about the carpets and other stuff that adds weight? I find this whole thread quite hilarious

Don't worry, Frostee! We're just kidding - well, I am at least! I need the ECU upgrade to compensate for my middle aged gut! :cookie:

GTI JOE
15-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Yeah, Frostee can take a ribbing now and then, I can vouch for that ;) Hey RoknRob, what ECU upgrade are you considering?

Gambit
15-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Hey Gav, where you picking it up from?

I'm going to the gym to cut down dead weight in my car:) WHen I get it.... 2 more sleeps....

gavs
15-06-2011, 07:06 PM
Epping. And home via St Andrews, kinglake, healsville, narbethong... :D so long as I pick it up first thing in the morning:)

RoknRob
15-06-2011, 08:19 PM
Yeah, Frostee can take a ribbing now and then, I can vouch for that ;) Hey RoknRob, what ECU upgrade are you considering?

Probably Mr Harding's APR upgrade. Seems to be the most tried and tested, at this point. Plus, probably as local as I can get.

Sadly, too many projects on for the next month or so, so unlikely to do it before August. Hoping Mr Harding will kindly offer the current 15 percent off, as a member of this forum, even then. Cross my fingers!

GTI mk6
15-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Epping. And home via St Andrews, kinglake, healsville, narbethong... :D so long as I pick it up first thing in the morning:) Hey Gav, best to wait till daylight though so you can actually see your candy white rocket LOL :-)

gavs
16-06-2011, 07:50 AM
Probably Mr Harding's APR upgrade. Seems to be the most tried and tested, at this point.

Apart from BSR out of Sweden, APR are actually the last tuner onto the market, Revo Technik have had a tuning upgrade available since the start of the year, as have other european based tuners and many overseas people are running these tunes with success. Just a heads up for you mate.

Please everyone, don't turn this into another tuning debate, all I did was post a fact.

RoknRob
16-06-2011, 08:19 PM
Apart from BSR out of Sweden, APR are actually the last tuner onto the market, Revo Technik have had a tuning upgrade available since the start of the year, as have other european based tuners and many overseas people are running these tunes with success. Just a heads up for you mate.

Please everyone, don't turn this into another tuning debate, all I did was post a fact.

Thanks for the food for thought.

RoknRob
18-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Hey, wasn't gavs supposed to pick up his car yesterday? It appears he's gone AWOL ever since!

GTI JOE
18-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Hey, wasn't gavs supposed to pick up his car yesterday? It appears he's gone AWOL ever since!
He's probably still driving it, Le mans 24hr style;) Hope everything when OK for him and he actually picked it up:)

Ohmang
18-06-2011, 09:24 AM
He's probably still driving it, Le mans 24hr style;) Hope everything when OK for him and he actually picked it up:)

Yeh Gavs, hows it all going? Pics plz!!

Sword_Dude
18-06-2011, 10:56 AM
Yeh Gavs, hows it all going? Pics plz!!

From memory he was talking about doing pretty much a lap around Victoria, I don't think we are going to here from him all weekend!!!!!!!

flyingfridge
18-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Gav did swing by yestderday and pick up his beastie, he was heading out of town after so he probably hasn't had a chance to post yet.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/3448/reflection.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/reflection.jpg/)

gavs
18-06-2011, 12:25 PM
One word.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Can't believe it cost less to put in a whole tank of BP Ultimate than a full tank of regular in the old golf! And the tank being 10litres smaller has nothing to do with it!!! So I keep telling myself:)

broxigar1983
18-06-2011, 02:32 PM
One word.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Can't believe it cost less to put in a whole tank of BP Ultimate than a full tank of regular in the old golf! And the tank being 10litres smaller has nothing to do with it!!! So I keep telling myself:)

And that is all you have to say after waiting months to post in here?!?

GTI JOE
18-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Gav...Gav...Gav...your report was, how can I put it, short and pointless... where's the enthusiasm :):):) and least say it's one of those things that make you go Mmmmmmmmm;)

Gambit
18-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Haha he is too busy enjoying it

gavs
18-06-2011, 05:53 PM
U guys know what it's like;) as soon as that oil is up to temp, the flex of the right foot, that first tug-to-the left on the steering wheel, magnificent. 180kph, 7 gears literally at my fingertips, windows open and the glorious turbo whistle ringing off the hills as I accelerate, change down, brake, accelerate again and again. Left, right, right, change down and brake hard, waaaay more corner entry speed than I'm used to, the car squirming on it's brand new tyres, the smell of engine, gearbox, drivetrain becoming one only briefly savoured for a millisecond before 3rd, 4th, 5th all disappear in quick succession. The sun glistening through the trees, beautiful orange, golden hour has never been better. The look of disdain of the mk5 Gti owner as they are dispatched in the glare of 2 illuminated, red, facing "L's", like bookends.
Brake hard now, indicate right, come to a stop, fun is over for now, but not for long. Car is filthy but seemingly smiling at me, like a whippet after an afternoon run, panting but smiling at it's owner.

Welcome, Polo GTI.

phaeton
18-06-2011, 06:10 PM
U guys know what it's like;) as soon as that oil is up to temp, the flex of the right foot, that first tug-to-the left on the steering wheel, magnificent. 180kph, 7 gears literally at my fingertips, windows open and the glorious turbo whistle ringing off the hills as I accelerate, change down, brake, accelerate again and again. Left, right, right, change down and brake hard, waaaay more corner entry speed than I'm used to, the car squirming on it's brand new tyres, the smell of engine, gearbox, drivetrain becoming one only briefly savoured for a millisecond before 3rd, 4th, 5th all disappear in quick succession. The sun glistening through the trees, beautiful orange, golden hour has never been better. The look of disdain of the mk5 Gti owner as they are dispatched in the glare of 2 illuminated, red, facing "L's", like bookends.
Brake hard now, indicate right, come to a stop, fun is over for now, but not for long. Car is filthy but seemingly smiling at me, like a whippet after an afternoon run, panting but smiling at it's owner.

Welcome, Polo GTI.

Sounds like the wait was worth it :D

Congrats Gav ;)

GTI mk6
18-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Wowee, now that's more like it Gav! Have been checking Forum since late last night with anticipation of hearing good news from you.....:-)Good to here how much fun you are having, go Gav!

GTI JOE
18-06-2011, 07:21 PM
A bit melodramatic, but a much better effort, well done dude...enjoy:)

Ohmang
18-06-2011, 08:27 PM

Welcome, Polo GTI.

What can I say. Epic...

Congrats mate!!

Gambit
19-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Nice one Gavs, must be enjoying it.. i think i might give my one a wash now, its filthy.

saabby
22-06-2011, 11:24 PM
Hi. First a big thanks to all the informative posts on this site. I have been reading for 3 months now but it was only after I picked up my CW Polo GTi from Wagga (after a relatively short 3 months wait) that I felt that I needed to post. What a car!! I have it now for 48 hours and can't find enough excuses to drive it. The drive from Wagga back to Sydney was a treat as I prescribe to a balance of the 2 schools of thought - give it some but mix it up. Pulled up at the BP after 550+ kms and only had 28 litres to top up!! Happy days!

Sword_Dude
01-07-2011, 06:15 PM
I picked mine up this afternoon and took it for a quick drive through semi rural Samford/Dayboro area.

It is so much better than my previous drive, that they hardly compare. But I am going to have to read the manual, after driving a car with no features (just quirks) there is so much to take in!!!

broxigar1983
01-07-2011, 06:26 PM
I picked mine up this afternoon and took it for a quick drive through semi rural Samford/Dayboro area.

It is so much better than my previous drive, that they hardly compare. But I am going to have to read the manual, after driving a car with no features (just quirks) there is so much to take in!!!

Congrats and Welcome (officially :) )

Frostee
01-07-2011, 06:27 PM

Thrilled to hear it was worth the wait. ENJOY!!!!!!!

GTI mk6
01-07-2011, 06:29 PM
I picked mine up this afternoon and took it for a quick drive through semi rural Samford/Dayboro area.It is so much better than my previous drive, that they hardly compare. But I am going to have to read the manual, after driving a car with no features (just quirks) there is so much to take in!!!Congratulations Sword_Dude.Perfect timing for a weekend of ‘Polo fun' :-)

saabby
02-07-2011, 02:47 AM
And I'm loving my Polo GTi. My observations so far are:
1. Paddles are the best. Drive mode can be a little bit lazy and lacks urgency. Sports is more aggressive than me.
2. Full throttle from a stand still can give you wheel spin which is a little embarrassing.
3. I keep wanting to drive it.
4. My engine bay rattle is getting worse.
5. Every other cars wants to put you to the challenge. And the new 3.0d X3 can cane the GTi.
6. Highway to Gong is full of cops and there was even an unmarked 4X4!(?).
7. I keep wanting to drive it.
8. Speedo is approx 10% overstated.
9. The car runs on petrol fumes!
10. I keep wanting to drive it.

nikon
04-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Picked up my Polo 77TSI Flash Red DSG + Sports pack today

Its a work of art

It replaced my Holden Astra 1.8 '02 and veedub has done a good job on this car

whooohoooooooooooo

apples
04-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Picked up my Polo 77TSI Flash Red DSG + Sports pack today

Its a work of art

It replaced my Holden Astra 1.8 '02 and veedub has done a good job on this car

whooohoooooooooooo

Congratulations Nikon. Your excitement means a lot to me because the the Polo I'm picking up tomorrow is replacing my Astra :)
I love my little Astra, but meh.....I know I'll love the Polo even more

GTI mk6
04-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Congratulations Nikon. Your excitement means a lot to me because the the Polo I'm picking up tomorrow is replacing my Astra :)I love my little Astra, but meh.....I know I'll love the Polo even moreHope all goes well for your big day tomorrow Apples, no doubt it's gonna be a long night tonight, but I am sure the wait will be worth the prize :-)

apples
04-07-2011, 11:17 PM
Hope all goes well for your big day tomorrow Apples, no doubt it's gonna be a long night tonight, but I am sure the wait will be worth the prize :-)

Thank you. I'm not getting too excited yet. I reckon it will hit me on the taxi ride on the way to the dealership tomorrow.
The only problem is the appalling weather - rain is forecast every day for the next week so no matter what day I chose to pick her up, she will get rained on and filthy very quickly :( And there was no way I was going to wait until we had nice weather.

I'll have to take photos of her at the dealership because I reckon that's the cleanest she'll be in a long while.

GTI mk6
04-07-2011, 11:37 PM
Yep, I was thinking about the Melb. weather when I posted to you, but in hindsight I think it will shadow your excitement :-) You can test out the wipers and tyre grip, maybe just not the sunroof yet LOL. Looking forward to some pics