PDA

View Full Version : Skoda Superb, Best of the worst sellers.

Antiplastix
16-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Todays Sunday Telegraph has a list of cars the rate as the best of the worst sellers and the Superb is amongst them.
"Maybe the long Czech liftback and now wagon is just too close in essence and price to its VW Passat sibling.Maybe we dont yet "get" big cars with small but highly efficent engines..........blah, blah,blah.....Maybe its a cold war hangover. Whatever it is we re wrong................"

Graybags
16-05-2010, 07:02 PM
WTF? Its scary some people take this s h i t seriously, I mean seriously give us a break!

anthony
16-05-2010, 07:04 PM
I saw my first Superb yestorday,and have to say that it is the most hideous looking car I have EVER seen...

Jake02
16-05-2010, 07:59 PM
I can't believe that the Telegraph would actually sell a paper with this crap! I'd say the Superb to be one of the best cars on sale in Australia, not just one of the best of the 'worst sellers'. It's not too closely priced to a Passat (tis bigger and better equipped in all version)! I'd blame it on the slightly weird looks (although fixed with the wagon so we'll see how sales of the wagon go) of the TwinDoor and the perception of Skoda's crappiness....

Transporter
16-05-2010, 07:59 PM
I saw my first Superb yestorday,and have to say that it is the most hideous looking car I have EVER seen...

Oh... com on, what about Nissan Micra, Daihatsu Serion, Daewoo Matiz and so on there is a lot of more hideous looking cars before Superb :?

Jake02
16-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Oh... com on, what about Nissan Micra, Daihatsu Serion, Daewoo Matiz and so on there is a lot of more hideous looking cars before Superb :?

Add the BMW X3, Holden Barina, whole Ssangyong range, Lexus LX570, Toyota Rukus (saw one yesterday - it's awful) and Nissan X-Trail to that list please. Sure the Superb isn't that nice-looking but it makes up for it in every other area! Every previous car is rubbish everywhere!!!!

dsgfh
16-05-2010, 08:59 PM
LOL! I think the point of the article has been missed. Sounds like they were going for a "hidden treasures" type article, pointing out great cars that people might not even know exist.

CanberravRS
17-05-2010, 09:33 AM

Everyone's entitled to their own taste, I on the other hand find the Wagon quite spectacular, the sedan is less desirable in sheer looks. Luckily we all are allowed to choose our own tastes or we would all be sheep in a paddock, impossible to tell apart.

dsgfh
17-05-2010, 10:22 AM
Everyone's entitled to their own taste, I on the other hand find the Wagon quite spectacular, the sedan is less desirable in sheer looks. Luckily we all are allowed to choose our own tastes or we would all be sheep in a paddock, impossible to tell apart.

Indeed. I was surprised to find that my better half loved the look of the superb sedan & has now declared that she'll be comparing the rear leg room in all cars against it. She loves the town car look of it, although I can't help but think that if we got one she'd take to riding in the back while insisting I wear a black suit & cap while I drive :P

Antiplastix
17-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Yep most of you are missing the point, what the journo is saying is that it is an excellent car, however it just doesn t sell for some reason.

noone
17-05-2010, 11:33 AM
Well the name is stupid for a start.... Who wants to say they drive a 'Superb'? And they don't seem to be getting any better...

Antiplastix
17-05-2010, 03:26 PM
There has been worse; the "Prelude"......what is the next one better? "Corolla" ...what sort of person drives a car named after a flower petal ?

dsgfh
17-05-2010, 04:08 PM
There has been worse; the "Prelude"......what is the next one better? "Corolla" ...what sort of person drives a car named after a flower petal ?
Come on, the prelude was a great name. It was Honda's way of telling customers that they hoped the next one would be better.

spellbound
17-05-2010, 04:17 PM
Volkswagen have had some beauties too , RABBIT , BORA ,LUPO ,SHARAN .

Hey "hop" in my RABBIT love .

Here is a few more classics SHOGUN, MANTIS ,TROOPER,MENTORE ,SHUMA ,NIPPA ,NEON,BLAZER ,PICASSO SYNERGIE ,

Jake02
17-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Volkswagen have had some beauties too , RABBIT , BORA ,LUPO ,SHARAN .

Hey "hop" in my RABBIT love .

Here is a few more classics SHOGUN, MANTIS ,TROOPER,MENTORE ,SHUMA ,NIPPA ,NEON,BLAZER ,PICASSO SYNERGIE ,

Imagine if they actually sold the Sharan here. It'd be bogan-tastic! "Whatve you got mayte?" "Mayyte I got a VW Shaaarraannn!" Penrith would go nuts! Also, I haven't bothered to check but do all the Skoda guys comment on VW posts?

CanberravRS
17-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Imagine if they actually sold the Sharan here. It'd be bogan-tastic! "Whatve you got mayte?" "Mayyte I got a VW Shaaarraannn!" Penrith would go nuts! Also, I haven't bothered to check but do all the Skoda guys comment on VW posts?

I had a peruse of the other forums.. can't say we seem to bother with them.. Someone must have been bored today!

Jake02
17-05-2010, 07:13 PM
I had a peruse of the other forums.. can't say we seem to bother with them.. Someone must have been bored today!

What? I wasn't suggesting that I went onto the VW/Audi parts of VW Watercooled, but it seems that many of them comment on our section is all and I wanted to know if we return that.

CanberravRS
17-05-2010, 07:32 PM
What? I wasn't suggesting that I went onto the VW/Audi parts of VW Watercooled, but it seems that many of them comment on our section is all and I wanted to know if we return that.

LOL.. no.. I wasn't saying you did.. my comment was based around the comment at the top of the page from a Polo owner who decided to have his 5 cents worth in a forum about Skoda's.

Jake02
17-05-2010, 07:39 PM
LOL.. no.. I wasn't saying you did.. my comment was based around the comment at the top of the page from a Polo owner who decided to have his 5 cents worth in a forum about Skoda's.

Ohhhhhhhh! Geeze I'm slow, sorry about that :)

Spook
17-05-2010, 09:35 PM
How about the Honda Legend? Big call that...

But back on topic - I think the article is correct, that it's a great car, which unfortunately doesn't sell well. Now that the Polo launch is out of the way, maybe Karl and his troops can focus on the Superb wagon launch this week.

Greg Roles
17-05-2010, 09:42 PM
I saw my first Superb wagon the other day and have to say it's the first Skoda in ages I've ever taken notice of.....liked the fact the TDI has red D and I which I guessed, and later googled, indicated the mighty BMN 125kw oiler engine.

Dr Block
19-05-2010, 05:12 PM

No way...that dubious honour surely belongs to the Ssangyong Stavic!

pwcar
20-05-2010, 06:55 AM
No way...that dubious honour surely belongs to the Ssangyong Stavic!

I'll second the motion