PDA

View Full Version : Need a cure!

D.I.T
01-04-2007, 11:20 PM
I'm a little concerned with the VR6.

When i start the car on a cold morning or when it hasn't been started for hours, the car bogs down when i try taking off for a while. For example i will acelarete and the car wont move then as the rev's drop it will move forward and this will happen for about 5-10min then she's right. Then every know and then it will still bog down under load on take off.

WFT is wrong with her?

:( :(

Kenji
02-04-2007, 12:17 AM
I think it might be something to do with the sparkys or leads
or some thing to do with the spark because obviously when the car is cold the fuel is harder to com-bust

MattyT
02-04-2007, 12:32 AM
This may be the cars anti-thrash nanny system kicking in.

Basically, the engine will refuse to rev hard when the engine is cold. By what you describe, you may be putting the boot in a little too early!

Be nice to your VR6 and let it limber up before mashing the loud pedal :cool:

Vr6_Dog
02-04-2007, 02:15 AM
I remember when I first got my Vr6 this happened once when I tried to give it stick first thing in the morning. almost felt like the 'anti thrash' wouldn't let you. Definitely be kind first up.

Golf Loon
02-04-2007, 07:25 AM
Check the oil temp on the mfa. once its up to 50, you can go hard.

D.I.T
02-04-2007, 08:16 AM
This may be the cars anti-thrash nanny system kicking in.

Basically, the engine will refuse to rev hard when the engine is cold. By what you describe, you may be putting the boot in a little too early!

Be nice to your VR6 and let it limber up before mashing the loud pedal :cool:

Nah im not thrashing it when its cold man, it literally happens even if i just take foot off the break to let the car roll forwards too.

I have new leads and spark plugs, ganna change coil pack too so hopefully this will sort the problem out.

Anyone else have the same problem before?

monkeysrus
02-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Get it scanned and see what codes it has.:)

Tim
02-04-2007, 07:48 PM
when u come past my place to get that wheel arch trim bring it along and we can scan it for fault codes. i have a vag-com

D.I.T
03-04-2007, 12:13 AM
when u come past my place to get that wheel arch trim bring it along and we can scan it for fault codes. i have a vag-com

Your a champ mate, thanks heaps!

KI11Z
03-04-2007, 02:52 PM
I dont think there is an anti thrash cuz there have been times when ive been in a rush and whilst havnt redlined it i have driven softly and nothing tlike the above mentioned happens?? :???:

DubSteve
03-04-2007, 02:54 PM
I dont think there is an anti thrash cuz there have been times when ive been in a rush and whilst havnt redlined it i have driven softly and nothing tlike the above mentioned happens?? :???:

Yeah the same its only on cold when I have thrashed it that the car stalls:???:

ScienceVR6
03-04-2007, 04:58 PM
my car also does it when cold first thing in the morning. i think it has somthing to do with the cold idle setting in the computer, if you drive off before 6he idle settles down, then its a bit sluggish and hesitates between gears. i take it yours is an auto? mine doesnt like re-application of throttle after changing gears. If i thrash it, i can make it clear its throat, and its good as new.

KI11Z
04-04-2007, 05:31 AM
. . . if you drive off before 6he idle settles down, then its a bit sluggish and hesitates between gears. . .

if you have the book, it actually says dont sit there to warm it up, jus start driving . . . oh and my idle is down when cold, not up . . .

D.I.T
20-04-2007, 02:41 PM
Well great news fella's!

Got the transmition serviced today and all problems have been rectified!

One very happy Vr6 owner now!

MattyT
21-04-2007, 03:18 PM
HUZZAH! j: