PDA

View Full Version : New Diesels

njg02
31-03-2007, 10:08 PM
G'day, does anybody have an idea when vdub will have the new common rail diesels out? I'm due for an update of my golf early next year with the lease being up and want to start planning.
Neil

brackie
01-04-2007, 06:00 AM
G'day and welcome! To my knowledge the '08 diesels will be common rail. Phaeton (our on-line researcher ;) ) would be able to tell us. Have you checked out the posts in the "VW Lounge" or done a search with the key word "common rail"?

Enjoy the forum. It's nice to have a another diesel fan aboard :)

phaeton
01-04-2007, 09:12 AM
Hi Neil & Brackie :D

Next year is the year of Clean Diesel in the US with VW releasing various types and forms of Diesels, BlueTDI, Clean TDI & in Europe BlueMotion which has actually been out for a year already in Europe ;)

As for Australia I don't have a clue what we are getting yet as US & Europe have more stringent laws than us so we're more likely to get things later than sooner.

With a new generation of VWs due next year Gol, Polo, Golf, Tiguan (due end of this year), Sharan II & Transporter facelift you could expect VW to put one of there new CR engines in any one of these cars as World spec.
Only prob is we probably won't get them till late 2008 or early/mid 2009.

So if you want something sooner move to the US :D

For info on each of the Diesel technologies http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=3967