PDA

View Full Version : Camira Bits that fit a GOLF!!!

Golf Loon
02-12-2005, 08:37 PM
I was at Pic and Payless today and am able to answer a couple of the rumours about whether bits of Camira fit a Golf.

My Mk2 Jetta has Camira front brakes, I established this, as I needed a brake hose. It looks like the calipers and vented discs simply bolt up to the hubs. I know it works for Mk2, will have a look at Mk1 tomorrow.

The other bit was the wiring for the electronic ignition. The TCI module plug and all the wires to the dissy and the coil. Dunno if the module works, but I plugged the VW module in and I have spark. Easier than making a loom.

And nice to see that the camira is good for something!

roccodingo
03-12-2005, 01:13 AM
I have a set of discs & calipers here from a camira if you want them, and the TCI module is common to a pile of cars, ( saw a list on a parts site somewhere...blew me away ) You can also get the hall sender as a seperate item now ( as opposed to VW selling you the whole distributor..)

Pics available if requested..

Golf Loon
04-12-2005, 12:17 AM
Yeah the guy at the scrappy says he sells loads of the wiring looms and TCI conectors to auto electricians.

The hoses are different connectors on the brakes, but you can get em made up.

imported_brackie
04-12-2005, 05:26 AM
Wasn't the Camira the GMH "J" car based on the Opel? That means it had it's genesis in Germany so maybe there's even more parts in common with the Golf.

Gold-mk1
04-12-2005, 07:22 PM
chaps ? Whats a Camira...?!?! :lol:

syncro
04-12-2005, 07:32 PM
1980s Opel/Vauxhall front wheel drive about the size of a Mondeo.
Don't know what they were called anywhere else. Has been replaced by the Vectra.

Gold-mk1
05-12-2005, 11:17 PM
1980s Opel/Vauxhall front wheel drive about the size of a Mondeo.
Don't know what they were called anywhere else. Has been replaced by the Vectra.

AHA !!! That'll be a vauxhall cavalier over here then, the taxi drivers favourite.....

silva1
17-12-2005, 09:44 AM
i have camira callipers on my mk1 ' which made a good improvement, but the catch is that they have agreater fluid capacity which can lead to asofter pedal
mk1has a76mm offset on the carrier & the mk2 has a90mm offset, what did you do loon??????????

zjm
01-02-2006, 06:01 PM
the camira was general motors first world car ( the J car) holden in australia designed and built all the motors for em they have versions of this motor in daewoo ,GM took the company over because daewoo couldnt pay the bills
1400 ,1500, 1600,1800 and 2000cc versions were built for other cars like
astras ,corsas ,barinas ,nissan pulsars and vectras even twin cam versions
all pretty yuk

Tulyar
19-03-2006, 09:58 PM
Roccodingo - am I understanding you correctly in that you are suggesting that the Camira carries the same Hall Unit? Fabulous tip - thanks!