PDA

View Full Version : Had A Crash

srbsta
31-03-2007, 07:47 PM
had a crash...not my fault...some old grandpa was meant to give way to me on Pittwater road and he didnt and i just smacked him doing like 55-60....i will post some phone pics later but i hope its a write off it looks bad.....whole front.......i saw a few GTI drive past so i think someone might have seen me there lol i am about 2 cry i miss it already.............can i get a lift with someone to the nationals as i would love to go...tanx :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/03/attachmentphpattachmentid8465stc1d117533-2.jpg

phaeton
31-03-2007, 08:14 PM
That sucks :(

brackie
31-03-2007, 08:39 PM
Bad news. Hopefully you'll get to the Nats with or without it. It must be real bad for you to consider it a write-off. :(

static1800
31-03-2007, 09:31 PM
That sucks man! hate having to deal with insurance companies. Hope your not with NRMA if it is a right off.

srbsta
31-03-2007, 10:17 PM
That sucks man! hate having to deal with insurance companies. Hope your not with NRMA if it is a right off.

yeh i am.....whats wrong with them....its not my fault so it should be smooth and i can wait...worst day ever

static1800
31-03-2007, 10:24 PM
I had my mk1 with them, nothing but trouble. To start with they take your rego and greenslip off your payout. They don't really state it, but its on page 60 something of the policy.

They also made us hand in my plates and the key to the car along with going to the rta to cancel the rego etc. they expect alot for someone who's car is written off!

According to shannons and other insurance companies I inquired with when seeking new insurance, it isn't ethically legal for them to take your rego and greenslip when the car is a total loss, but it is one of those grey areas.

srbsta
31-03-2007, 10:30 PM
I had my mk1 with them, nothing but trouble. To start with they take your rego and greenslip off your payout. They don't really state it, but its on page 60 something of the policy.

They also made us hand in my plates and the key to the car along with going to the rta to cancel the rego etc. they expect alot for someone who's car is written off!

According to shannons and other insurance companies I inquired with when seeking new insurance, it isn't ethically legal for them to take your rego and greenslip when the car is a total loss, but it is one of those grey areas.

yeh i dont mind going to this trouble but i just want a GTI hahha if you know what i mean i miss it already and its only been 5 hours since it happened :mad: fakkkkkk i hate retard drivers

static1800
31-03-2007, 10:36 PM
It kinda sucks when the value of your car is 4k and you end up with $2800 because of them.

srbsta
31-03-2007, 10:41 PM
It kinda sucks when the value of your car is 4k and you end up with $2800 because of them.

trust me no1 is going to rip me off not when my dad is around hahahha....anyways pplz i am off 2 bed and i hope 2 c everyone at nationals and if i can get a lift with anyone from the manly area drop us a PM...tanx :D

static1800
31-03-2007, 10:47 PM
nothing you can do to stop them taking it really, you signed and agreed to the policy. Let's hope it isn't a right off :) hope you still get to the nats to.

Oli
31-03-2007, 11:56 PM
Hi SRBsta
I give you one of my cars ( GTI ) for nationals Ok,just dont cry...
Oli

VWGTi
01-04-2007, 08:23 AM
had a crash...not my fault...some old grandpa was meant to give way to me on Pittwater road and he didnt and i just smacked him doing like 55-60....i will post some phone pics later but i hope its a write off it looks bad.....whole front.......i saw a few GTI drive past so i think someone might have seen me there lol i am about 2 cry i miss it already.............can i get a lift with someone to the nationals as i would love to go...tanx :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/03/attachmentphpattachmentid8465stc1d117533-2.jpg

Hey srbsta,
Sorry to hear about the news...i feel your pain mate..hope you hear back from the insurance soon.

srbsta
01-04-2007, 09:07 AM
Hey srbsta,
Sorry to hear about the news...i feel your pain mate..hope you hear back from the insurance soon.

i hope so to.....waiting for the cops 2 call so i can get a E number so i can go to insurance....took the cops like 2 hours 2 come last nigh :mad:

gtimk5
05-04-2007, 07:39 AM
Real sorry to read about this srbsta. How have you gone with it? I hope that all the right things are and do happen for you mate
Andrew

JP_Aircooled_TDi
05-04-2007, 01:33 PM
Dude, that is bad news - unfortunately I know how you feel :mad:

Whatever happens, I'm sure that you will be back into a 'dub soon-ish.

static1800

I know your pain, my 3,5 turned into 2,4 :confused:

and133
05-04-2007, 07:54 PM
how bad was it? gl wif things

gpk_gti
05-04-2007, 08:54 PM
cmon man!!! first we got ditched on the gtg,now the nats!!! dont tell me you sold the gti and you dont want to tell us!!;)
whats happening with the car,did you sort the insurance out? you want some "BOYS" to come and help out??? you should still come to the nats!! im sure you can get a lift with one of the members from your area.. keep us up to date with happenings!

DUB 20V
06-04-2007, 10:58 PM
hey nick its adrian i pm'd you but no reply you can come out with us if you want no probs let me know asap cheers

srbsta
07-04-2007, 09:31 AM
hey ppl the car is at Mick Vescios at brookvale now getting fixed should be ready in 3 weeks....i cant wait to get back hahaha....its mainly body damage...the only structural damage is where the front pumper joins onto the body of the car like all the joints are bent...there was more than 15k in damage :D

hey nick its adrian i pm'd you but no reply you can come out with us if you want no probs let me know asap cheers

i tried writeing back but its says "DUB 20V has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her." :D

yeh i might be able to get a lift with Tiny GTI coz he will be in the area...soo i hope to c u's all the i cant wait :) :)