PDA

View Full Version : 125kw diesel

vinderliker
31-03-2007, 04:10 PM
Looking at the German VW site last night, and I noticed they have the option of the 125kw diesel that Audi Australia has at the moment. I wonder when or if VW Australia will bring it out. I have driven the Audi A3 125kw diesel and it goes like stink. i have also noticed that Oettinger have got an upgrade to around 145kw. With the torque you get from a diesel, and the archaic roads and speed limits and fuel prices it would seem to an obvious choice for VW Australia to bring it out. At the moment if I could I would purchase the Audi.

brackie
31-03-2007, 06:02 PM
125kw would out it well up there with petrol engined cars. With heaps of torque available that thing would really fly in virtually any situation. Any detail on how the power increase was achieved?

phaeton
31-03-2007, 08:16 PM
According to Guy H he said April ;)

ps check Future VW List thread :D

vinderliker
31-03-2007, 10:00 PM
According to the Oettinger website they recalibrate the ECU.

125kw would out it well up there with petrol engined cars. With heaps of torque available that thing would really fly in virtually any situation. Any detail on how the power increase was achieved?

vinderliker
31-03-2007, 10:13 PM
Sorry Phaeton, have only been skimming some of the posts, as I should be putting more time into my Uni work than fantasizing about a new car!

According to Guy H he said April ;)

ps check Future VW List thread :D

phaeton
01-04-2007, 09:13 AM
Sorry Phaeton, have only been skimming some of the posts, as I should be putting more time into my Uni work than fantasizing about a new car!

Thats fine no apologise needed ;)

Keep those studies up :D

Oli
01-04-2007, 09:44 AM

Golf GT: Following on from the Golf R32 and the Golf GTI, Volkswagen will launch a third dynamic version of the most successful European car on the market, the Golf GT, at the end of 2005. It provides endless power in a double-pack. The new Golf GT comes with a dual-charged FSI engine — a world premiere — (Twincharger = turbocharger plus compressor) as well as the so far most powerful VW four-cylinder turbo diesel. Both engines deliver 125 kW / 170 hp. Characteristics: more performance, lower consumption. Let’s take the Golf GT with the 1.4-litre 125-kW Twincharger engine, for example. Its four-cylinder engine is the most powerful in an all-new engine range. The Golf GT reaches 100 km/h in just 7.9 seconds with this powerplant. Top speed: 220 km/h. Average consumption: 7.2 litres. For example, the Golf GT 2.0 TDI, which uses the latest piezo unit injector system and four-valve technology, accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in 8.2 seconds and reaches a top speed of 220 km/h. Average consumption: 5.9 litres. The Golf GT models will be launched with their own individual styling and equipment.

shogun2
01-04-2007, 12:10 PM
Next question - is 4Motion an option to help the diesel put the power down on the road?

Rod

vinderliker
01-04-2007, 12:30 PM
I wish it would, the same with the A3 and its' quattro system. In Europe and now doubt in the US they would be offered, however because of our small market they probably won't:(